? For those who have rented their points out.

I think that you can add it for a trip without it saving for the others. But honestly, I don’t know how that might work.

What I might do in that case is delete it and not add it until I checked in onsite because hopefully at that point the guests would have checked in and added their own card.
Hmmm… sounds like it could be a real challenge. I’ll definitely need to look into this further 🤔🤓

To the people to whom it happened: did you book on your name and then changed the lead guest after?
It seems shocking they would allow something like this! But I've rented out 10+ reservations and this never happened to me, so it must be something unusual to trigger it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cm8
To the people to whom it happened: did you book on your name and then changed the lead guest after?
It seems shocking they would allow something like this! But I've rented out 10+ reservations and this never happened to me, so it must be something anusual to trigger it.

In my case, nope. It was booked in the name of my friend from the start. I am not sure one would know if the renter could see your CC info when they did online check in though. She had no idea it would do that...my assumption is that because they didn't put a CC on file, room service charges reverted to mine.

But, I definitely would delete my saved CC from my MDE if I ever rent points again...just to be on the safe side...

I have credit card text alerts set up on my account so anytime a charge is placed when my card isn’t present I get a text. Whenever we stay at Disney that morning I get a text that a $100 hold charge has been placed on my card. If I got this when I had a rental and wasn’t at Disney myself I’d definitely go clear my data from MDE quickly. So far though I haven’t had it happen.

It seems shocking they would allow something like this! But I've rented out 10+ reservations and this never happened to me, so it must be something unusual to trigger it.
I as well, and I would have thought a PIN would be required to process the transaction. I have several cards on file and the thought of that occurring never crossed my mind once 😬

I as well, and I would have thought a PIN would be required to process the transaction. I have several cards on file and the thought of that occurring never crossed my mind once 😬

I think the pin would prevent it but I have read that a few places scanned and never had the guest enter the pin…it was restaurants.

Does it matter if you check the box as to whether the person on the reservation. Is a member or not? I think the box is usually checked by default??? I could be wrong.

I just took my CC off my MDE as I have a few renters in the next two months. Thanks for the head's up. Both are return renters and I trust them 100%, but it would certainly be an awkward situation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts