For the Love of Disney - PTR

100 DAYS

Thursday marked 100 days for us until we leave for Disney. To celebrate, we made a countdown chain (big thank you to Becky for the adorable idea). The girls have had so much fun taking turns removing links. I'm really hoping this will help Caya - she's been waiting to go to Disney FOREVER...just ask her! haha

web.jpg

LOVE the countdown chain!! I can't believe you did 100 links!! I only did 30 when I made ours! I'm impressed!! :thumbsup2

Me too!! Hope all is well!! I know life has gotten pretty busy for me lately! Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Nikky, my name is Ty, I was just browsing the PTR forum and found yours. I think it's wonderful how you are honoring your Dads wishes, and like you said closure for you.

Your DH sounds great, working so hard to get the time off to be with you and your girls (who by the way are so darling and gosh darn cute), I'm sorry you had to change your days. We'll be there at the same time now, my dates are Dec3-11. However my kids won't go to Disney with me and neither will my DH. But my mom has never been so I am taking her, and My BFF (who my Dad moved me thousands of miles away from when I was 13) is going. I actually lost contact with my BFF and I just found her on line a year ago, so when we see eachother at DISNEY, it will have been almost 25 years.

I love that bag your Mom got you, I have a Mickey bag, but not as cute as that one.
Your Disney countdown is so cool and looks like it was as fun to make as it is to tear a link off each day.

I'm gonna follow along on this PTR, can't wait to read more plans.

Hi Nikky...I haven't been on here in a while, so I thought I'd come by and say hi. I'm still loving your PTR by the way! Keep up the good work :]

Becky - Thank YOU for the inspiration and awesome idea. Your color scheme happened to work perfectly for our family room. We are down to 63 links already!

Thank you everyone for the notes - I feel so loved! :lovestruc

I've really, really missed my time on the Dis. I have a lot to get caught up on. Everything is wonderful, just busy enjoying our happy little life. I don't have a lot of Disney updates but I will update with a little bit of what has been keeping us so busy. And them I'm going to try to catch up on all of my DisFriends PTRs and TRs! :)

Enjoying you PTR!! I love the countdown chain!! What a great idea, especially for little ones to keep track of the days.

Your family is adorable, I look forward to seeing where your adventures bring you!!

REAL LIFE INTERUPTIONS

Things have been busy for us. We're actually quite used to it and normally I don't mind but right now with our trip coming up in 9 weeks (from today but who's counting) I want more time online! My husband coaches golf and oversees a fall softball team (IHSA will not allow him to coach it because he is the high school coach). Hayley is playing 8th grade basketball right now and just started her 2nd and final year of Confirmation at our church. Caya is playing soccer for our Rec. Dept. and recently had her first cheer competition. I'm their biggest fan and go from activity to activity trying not to miss anything! :cheer2:

Since I don't have much to update in the way of Disney, I thought I'd give you a glimpse into what occupies my time away from my computer! :)

These are from picture day. The girls go to private school and Hayley has to wear uniforms every day (Caya doesn't because she's still in pre-k). Picture Day is a big deal because uniforms are optional.

20090915_6737.jpg

20090915_6732.jpg

Here are a couple from Hayley's first basketball game. She's the littlest one on the team but she's sure fiesty and makes us so proud.

20090925_7235.jpg

20090925_7226.jpg

20090925_7224.jpg

Soccer - Caya is the only girl and spends most of her time socializing. I laugh until I cry at practices. Let's just say this is not her sport but she sure looks sweet playing!:rotfl:

20090912_6751.jpg

20090926_7147.jpg

20090926_7142.jpg

20090926_7137.jpg

20090926_7134.jpg

20090926_7130.jpg

Caya started cheering for I Force (a local cheerleading academy) in May. She was cheering at home 24 hours a day and my husband saw a commercial for this gym and mentioned we should look into it. Partly for selfish reasons thinking maybe if she cheered a couple times a week maybe she would ease up on us and our furniture at home. :laughing: The very next day at school he saw a student wearing an I Force shirt and asked her about it. She was enouraging and her Mom actually talked to me about it as well. We gave it a shot and Caya fell in love the first day. She works so hard but has so much fun doing it. They practice 2.5 hours a week and compete 6-8 times throughout the year. She had her first competition the end of Sept. about 2 hours north of us near Chicago. They got 2nd place and I cried like a baby knowing how hard she worked, seeing it pay off and realizing how rewarding it was for her. So proud of our little cheerleader! :cheer2:

20090919_6512.jpg

20090919_6480.jpg

20090919_6491.jpg

20090919_6493.jpg

20090919_6509.jpg

20090919_6726.jpg

UP NEXT: TRAVEL JOURNALS

TRAVEL JOURNALS

I ordered the cutest travel journal on etsy. I was beyond happy with it and want to give props to the designer. Her etsy name is: sumlthomp. :worship: I can not wait to fill it in. There is a spot for everything. She even thought to include clear pockets to drop in memorabilia or a picture. It couldn't be more perfect!

20091003_7055.jpg
20091003_7056.jpg

20091003_7058.jpg
20091003_7059.jpg

I bought this little book at the dollar spot at Michael's. The Mickey tag is actually the little thank you for your order note that I received with my etsy purchase above! ;) I slapped it on and tied a ribbon...tada! I'll probably let Hayley use it as a journal if she wants. If not, I'll find a use for it I'm sure. For $1 I'll definitely get my $'s worth!

OMG - you can see how badly I need to dust. The joy of black furniture! :eek:

20091003_7064.jpg

UP NEXT: MORE DISNEY SHOPPING

First off, I am sorry to hear about your lost. I can only imagine what it is like to lose a parent, though we had a close call with my mother several years ago. I was so touched by you honoring his wishes to go to Disney and the rest of your family joining you too.

I have to say I love the PTR! We are taking our daughter for her 4th birthday next September--I am one of those moms too who just cannot help but want to plan!! :rotfl:

I LOVE the bag your mom got you. :love: Do you have any idea where she got it? I would love to recommend it to DH for my birthday or Christmas perhaps. :yay:

Looking forward to reading the rest of the unfolding story!

Hi,
I'm new here and subbing.
Your girls are so cute.
Haley and my dd, Emily have so much in common. Emily plays softball for rec. and travel. So does my other dd Amy but she just does rec. Today was opening day. More about them in my TR "The fab 4 take on the fab 4 themeparks. (Link in my siggie) I'd love to have you over if your interested.
I agree trip planning is part of the fun of the trip we're going in november. Dates are still unknown due to Dh's work either the 10-16 or the 18-23.
Your countdown is the cutest thing ever.
Have a good night!

wow, I have fallen behind here. I must have missed the picture you posted of your Disney books. That's funny. I have some of them. I read mouse junkies front to back a couple times already. My mom got me the hidden mickeys book for Christmas. I'm not supposed to know she got it for me. My DH slipped up. I'm hoping she will give it to me early, like for this trip.

I loved When my DD cheered. She cheered for school, Rec and an allstar Squad. She burned out o it eventually but says she might go back in a few years. She complete all her cheer goals, she set. Win a nationals, win cheerleader of the year, and get her back handspring back tuck. So she felt ok about sitting this year out.

I understand what you are saying about crying when they win at competition, aside from being proud you do know the hard work that went into the routine and the hard worked paid off.
fly.jpg

Reese is the one flying the cradle, they won their bids to nationals at this comepeition.
100_0479.jpg
This is when Reese won cheerleader of the year. That was 2 years ago.
Man you got me missing cheerleading now.:)
Cute journals. I love people who journal on their trips, it makes for a detailed and fun TR when they get back.
Sorry I hijacked your PTR. I'll give it back now.

TRAVEL JOURNALS

I ordered the cutest travel journal on etsy. I was beyond happy with it and want to give props to the designer. Her etsy name is: sumlthomp. :worship: I can not wait to fill it in. There is a spot for everything. She even thought to include clear pockets to drop in memorabilia or a picture. It couldn't be more perfect!

20091003_7055.jpg
20091003_7056.jpg

20091003_7058.jpg
20091003_7059.jpg

I bought this little book at the dollar spot at Michael's. The Mickey tag is actually the little thank you for your order note that I received with my etsy purchase above! ;) I slapped it on and tied a ribbon...tada! I'll probably let Hayley use it as a journal if she wants. If not, I'll find a use for it I'm sure. For $1 I'll definitely get my $'s worth!

OMG - you can see how badly I need to dust. The joy of black furniture! :eek:

20091003_7064.jpg

wow

Hello! :wave2: Followed you over here from Ty's PTR. Buckling in for the ride, I'll be subbing right now! :goodvibes

Hi! Found you on another PTR! We will be there at the same time! Can't wait to hear more! YOur girls are beautiful! And, I love the background story for your trip...truely magical. Your dad will be right there with you as you take your first steps down Main Street in December!!

HI!!! I'm Megan and I found you from another Dec TR!!

I'll be at WDW the same time (Dec 10-15) and we're staying at YC and WL so looks like we'll be sorta resort neighbors!!!

I love your WDW planning bag. The bag you got off ebay (resort bag) is the bag my mom uses for her WDW planning and she even has an Xmas one that she uses for Dec trips hehe :)

I too took pics of my planning books that I'm using for my trip/TR. Have you read the blue and white book: Hidden Magic of WDW??? If not, YOU MUST GET IT!! I worked at both AK and MK for internships and took pretty long tours of the parks before working and there was even things in that book I did not learn on the tours. My bro is also a disney addict and loved the book!!

Can't wait for more and I <3 your camera!

Oh my word!! I LOVE that trip journal--sooo cute!! I enjoyed seeing pics of your girls--they are beautiful!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter