For the Love of Disney - PTR

okay.I'm along for the ride. I'm all caught up...:thumbsup2

if you read the first post from my PTR in 07, you'll know I've experienced a ton of loss in the last few years. WDW has a way of helping with the healing process. Many people don't get it, but hey that's what the people here on the DIS are for. They get it. It's been a tremendous way for me to find comfort. I hope you can begin the process of healing from the loss of your dad.

PLANS CHANGE (The boss' response)

So, it was just as we suspected. There was no way she could bend the rules since it's written in the contract. She was super understanding and agreed 100% with my husband that it would be better to miss the week of exams rather than the week of exams...she even offered to open the change process. However, it probably wouldn't be changed before we left and definitely not in time for us to plan anything. So...our plans change again. Hopefully, for the last time. Here's where we're at CURRENTLY (no more posts from the past, I promise!) ;)

Flights: It will cost us $424 to change our flights on top of the amazing deal we almost got of $548 so the total for our flights is now $972.

12/05/09 – 11:36 am Indianapolis --> Orlando 1:46 pm on Air Tran (All 4 of us)
12/13/09 – 3:40 pm Orlando --> Indianapolis 5:45 pm on Air Tran (All 4 of us)

*** Now with the later flights I'm unsure of whether we will leave Friday night or wait until Saturday morning. I'm still leaning towards driving over the night before. I'm going to receck prices but I believe for the cost of parking at the IND airport for 9 days, we can stay at the hotel (it may even be a little less).

Resort: This is the update I'm most excited about!!! :yay:
12/05/09 – 12/13/09 @ Polynesian

Transportation: We will be using Disney’s Magical Express.

Passes: 9 Day Park Hoppers

Food: This is the biggest reason for the exciting resort change above. We got FREE DINING! Woohoo!!!

UP NEXT: IS THERE A CLASS FOR DISNEY?

Becky - I was just posting on your TR. You must have been on mine at the same time. I updated just for you! :rotfl:

Aww Jordan thanks for the post. I can't wait to read your TR's....I might stay up all night doing it. I'm praying for some healing. And the fact that you found some at Disney gives me hope. It's so nice to know there are people out there that understand!!! Thanks in advance for sharing your story!

Awww Nikky I am so sorry things didn’t go to plan, I think when I have kids I will be like you haha your quote

And I’m not too worried about the girls missing school – yes, I’m that kind of Mom. Some things are more important….like a week at Disney with your family!!!

LOL that’s the best…

YEY for Free Dining- We are doing Free Dining this September..

Hi! I am subbing--saw you on Becky's TR! What a touching story about your Dad! He seemed like such a great man:goodvibes I am SO EXCITED that you are going in early December! We plan on going that exact time next year after I finish my Teaching Certification so i am dying to see what is going on! Also, we plan on staying at the Poly! Really excited to read more:lovestruc

Thanks Becky! I'm really okay with it now. The important thing is that we still get to go. And I'm thrilled with Free Dining! I just think...you know, free dining probably would not have been available at Poly on the original dates we picked. Makes me feel better anyway.

I'll post this on your TR too in case you don't see it here but...what building did you stay in? I think I read it in your report and could probably go back and find it but it's easier to just ask you! ;) We have only stayed at Hawaii and what used to be Moorea (I think it's Tahiti now-on the beach but closest to TTC).

Thanks Christina! :lovestruc

It's hard to top free dining. I know it's probably not as good of a deal as I think it is but we would do the dining plan regardless because of the convenience so getting it free is amazing.

My husband is a teacher - I probably shouldn't be "that Mom" but I'm sentimal. There's a lot to be gained from a Disney trip that can't be learned in a classroom. I talk tough but I'm terrified to tell Hayley's teacher. I will wait to tell him until I HAVE TO TELL HIM! ;)

I'm off to get "re-caught up" on your PTR now!!!

Hi Katie - Thanks for subbing! And thanks for the kind words about my Dad!:hug:

I noticed your pics (love the customs) on Becky's TR and started reading your TR. I hope to get all caught up tonight. Your kids are so cute and I LOVE the outfits. If you're going in early December next year, maybe we'll see you at the Poly. I'd really like to make this an annual event!!! Now to get the hubby on board!

IS THERE A CLASS FOR DISNEY?

If there were a class offered on "How To Plan The Perfect Disney Vacation", would you take it? I would!!! And it wouldn't matter how much I thought I knew...there's always more to learn. I crave Disney knowledge. I would have been one FABULOUS student if I would have been as interested in school work as I am in Disney!:rotfl:

I've been updating my arsenal of Disney resources. I've purchased books, borrowed books, checked them out from the library, requested more. All in all, there isn't much in them that's new to me or that I can't read about on the boards yet I still want to read them. Is this a sickness???

I've been terribly busy this week and work is really getting in the way of my posting time. I've had very little time to read and catch up on all these incredible trip reports and no time to post. I sit at work dreaming that I'm at home on the Dis.....every free moment I have is consumed with thoughts and plans of Disney. I will get completely caught up this weekend!!!
20090725_5857.jpg

UP NEXT: FIRST DISNEY PURCHASE

FIRST DISNEY PURCHASE

We made our first official purchase for our upcoming trip. I have heard so many wonderful things about the City Mini - it's a common stroller rented by Orlando Strollers. I purchased it with the thought of possibly doing a stroller swap. I will probably still look into it but it will be hard to let this baby go. It is awesome! I can't believe we bought a new stroller for my 4 year old...I wish I would have gotten it a loooonnnggg time ago!!!

CityMiniStroller.jpg

UP NEXT: HEIGHT CHECK

I know what you mean about Disney class! I feel the same way:cutie:

I saw on a travel agency website that they go to continuing ed. called Disney University or something....I would LOVE that. They should open it to the public:laughing:

I can also relate to all the books you read! I tend to bring mine with me on trips or during down time but I seem to be reading the same things over and over! I did get an interesting one recently called The Hidden Magic of WDW (I hope this title comes out b/c I tried to put a car service in recently and it blocked out the name--advertising I guess). It was soo great! Many new things I had no idea about. Have you read that? As far as guide books go, I just got the Birn. Guide book and really like all of the pics and they way they lay the book out.

Love your updates---and your stroller! I was just looking for a new one lastnight!

Welcome pooh'smate! I'm so happy you are joining us. I saw on your ticker you are 3 months, 3 weeks and 4 days out from your 10th Anniversary trip. I'm thinking that's close to Thanksgiving but don't have a calendar right here in front of me. Am I close? Are you thinking of doing a PTR or TR?;)

They should open Disney University up to the public - with Disboards alone I bet they'd have a lot of takers!

Is that book blue/purple with the castle on the front? If so, I just ordered it from Amazon....along with a Disney Trivia book. One of the TR's I was reading said they used a trivia book to pass the time at restaurants and while waiting in line. I thought that was a wonderful idea!!!!

I should take a picture of all my Birnbaum Guidebooks (Regular, Kids & Dining). I think I have one from every trip I've ever been on. And the year my Dad was diagnosed with cancer :sad1: we had a trip planned for Thanksgiving but cancelled at the last minute assuming it was his last Thankgiving and we wanted to spend it with him. I even have a book from that year. That's really embarrassing - they don't change that much year to year, it's quite unnecessary to keep buying them! But I just have to.:rotfl:

Another funny book story - I take mine everywhere too. Caya has cheerleading 2 nights a week so I always take a Disney book with me to read. A Mom sitting next to me asked when we were going - I said December. She rolled her eyes at me (SERIOUSLY) and said and you're already reading a planning book. She better get used to it - she will see a Disney book in my hand 2 nights a week until Dec 5th. And even then she'll probably only a get a week off (when we're gone)....I'll probably still be reading (or writing a trip report ;)) for many weeks after we get home. :)

I can't say enough about this stroller w/out sounding pushy :love:. If you go to the Orlando Stroller (dot com) website, you can watch a little video about how easy it is to maneuver and fold. It's one tug on a strap where their little tushies go and it's folded in half in your hand. Caya is 4 and she can actually hold it because it's so light.

They should open Disney University up to the public - with Disboards alone I bet they'd have a lot of takers!

Is that book blue/purple with the castle on the front? If so, I just ordered it from Amazon....along with a Disney Trivia book. One of the TR's I was reading said they used a trivia book to pass the time at restaurants and while waiting in line. I thought that was a wonderful idea!!!!

I should take a picture of all my Birnbaum Guidebooks (Regular, Kids & Dining). I think I have one from every trip I've ever been on. And the year my Dad was diagnosed with cancer :sad1: we had a trip planned for Thanksgiving but cancelled at the last minute assuming it was his last Thankgiving and we wanted to spend it with him. I even have a book from that year. That's really embarrassing - they don't change that much year to year, it's quite unnecessary to keep buying them! But I just have to.:rotfl:

Another funny book story - I take mine everywhere too. Caya has cheerleading 2 nights a week so I always take a Disney book with me to read. A Mom sitting next to me asked when we were going - I said December. She rolled her eyes at me (SERIOUSLY) and said and you're already reading a planning book. She better get used to it - she will see a Disney book in my hand 2 nights a week until Dec 5th. And even then she'll probably only a get a week off (when we're gone)....I'll probably still be reading (or writing a trip report ;)) for many weeks after we get home. :)

I can't say enough about this stroller w/out sounding pushy :love:. If you go to the Orlando Stroller (dot com) website, you can watch a little video about how easy it is to maneuver and fold. It's one tug on a strap where their little tushies go and it's folded in half in your hand. Caya is 4 and she can actually hold it because it's so light.

Yes! The book is the one with the castle on it! You will LOVE it...guaranteed! I am off to Barnes and Nobel right now to get a couple of the ones you have:rotfl: It is truly a sickness!! And that woman just doesnt understand (obviously) how long it takes to plan the perfect trip!! I had a friend tell me that they really did not like Disney too much b/c they had to wait in line and tried to eat at 10 different places but couldn't get it. NO ADRs NO touring guides!! No wonder they did not experience to the fullest:confused3

I am going to look at orlando stroller right now. Thanks for the tip!! :thumbsup

Did not have time to update lastnight b/c my DH got sick! :sick: I will do it tonight, though!

HEIGHT CHECK

We just did the 40 inch check to make sure Caya will be able to make it on some of the bigger rides (most importantly Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain). She is right there without shoes and we have about 4 months to go! Woohoo! Now if Hayley would get her tushie out of bed, I'll measure her!

20090807_6123.jpg

Update: Hayley would not let me take her picture (she's like that :)) but she did let me measure her. 59 inches - that's everything except the Sea Racers. I'm guessing (and praying) she'll grow one more inch by December.

UP NEXT: DISNEY PLANNING BAG

Welcome pooh'smate! I'm so happy you are joining us. I saw on your ticker you are 3 months, 3 weeks and 4 days out from your 10th Anniversary trip. I'm thinking that's close to Thanksgiving but don't have a calendar right here in front of me. Am I close? Are you thinking of doing a PTR or TR?;)

Yes we are going the day after Thanksgiving. It was alot cheaper to fly on Fri instead of Sat or Sun like we were originally planning. We will be there from Nov 27- Dec 7. I will be doing a ptr after I tell me husband we are going. He doesn't know and I have been saving for this trip for about 5 years. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter