For the Love of Disney - PTR

Oh my - that is the sweetest thing!!! When and how are you going to tell him. That will make for some awesome PTR writing! :lovestruc

We surprised our oldest daughter Hayley with a trip 6 months after Caya was born...kind of to thank her for being such a great big sister. We told her that DH was going on a golf trip with some friends and we were taking him to meet them at the airport and then us girls were going to the Indianapolis Zoo. Somehow we managed to get about 10 suitcases out of the back of the van and curbside checked before she got out of the car. We got all the way to the gate and gave her a card that explained what was going on, how proud we were and how much we loved her. I don't think she believed us until we gave her a backpack full of Disney stuff. And honestly, I think she was a bit disappointed we weren't actually going to the zoo - until we got there!!! ;)

DISNEY PLANNING BAG

My Mom was cracking up at my collection of planning books, notebooks and my binder. A few days later she gave me this bag she ordered so that I had a place to organize it all. I love it, I have my pens, pencils, highlighters and removable binder tabs in one of the small pockets and it's big enough for my binder, notebook and a pretty good stack of books. I love it! It looks so cute sitting next to my computer (where I do most of my planning here on DIS)! :)

20090808_6175.jpg

UP NEXT: WEEKEND MINI TRIP

WEEKEND MINI TRIP - NIAGARA FALLS

I had to interupt my Disney planning to take a mini trip this summer. We met my sisters and their families at Niagara Falls for a long weekend. One of my sisters lives in FL and the other in CT. The one in FL, flew to CT a few days prior and then they drove to NY. We flew from Chicago to Buffalo and spent the weekend with them. It was so nice - it was the first time I had been with both of my sisters at the same time since my Dad died in January. I think we needed it - to be together under better circumstances. Hayley really needed the getaway - she had a busy summer playing on 2 softball teams (at least 5 days a week). I was nervous how Caya would do on the flight - it was only about an hour and she did great. Eases my mind for our flight to Disney in December. We also got to try out our new stroller, break it in a little. I LOVE it! I can't say enough how much I love that stroller. The security people were completely amazed at how fast it folds with one hand and how easily I could throw it up on the scanner. It was a great investment for us....sure wish I would have gotten it a lot longer.

Here are some pics from our trip....

Niagara Falls - US Side
20090718_5990.jpg

A beautiful rainbow welcomed us
20090718_5668.jpg

We took a ride on the Maid of the Mist
20090718_5669.jpg

Caya in her poncho on the Maid of the Mist boat ride-LOVED it
20090718_5721.jpg

The Cave Walk (or something like that)
20090718_5991.jpg

The Hurriacane Deck - those are my children getting pounded by the falls
20090718_5997.jpg

Lookout Point (that's what I'm calling it anyway) If it isn't Disney, my memory doesn't store it long-term. :rotfl:
20090718_5985.jpg

Hayley on Lookout Point
20090718_5699.jpg

UP NEXT: A LITTLE SHOPPING

I love your PTR. I'm so sorry about your Dad, but it's really sweet you are getting to remember him in this special way.

My 4 yo is *just* 40 inches as well which is great, because she loves rides and would be very sad to miss out on splash mtn, thunder mtn, etc. As it is she is too short for Expedition Everest (I believe that one is 44?).

Looks like we were in Niagara Falls around the same time, although on different sides of the border ;-) We've done maid of the mist before, it's wet :)

Can't wait to follow the rest of your trip. I only just discovered the Disboards a little while ago, it's nice to be somewhere with other people who share my Disney planning obsession and have some appreciation for my detailed plans and general giddyness about planning a Disney trip (Dh definately does not have any appreciation for it! :rolleyes:). Although he does appreciate it once we are there and things go smoothly, he just doesn't understand how much enjoyment I get out of the detailed planning, oh well!

Rhonda
PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2243659

I'm loving your PTR! Since our upcoming trip in December is a surprise for our DS11, I can't plan out in the open. Everything is very hush-hush and it's killing me. Reading your report is the next best thing...I kinda feel like I have all of my books spread out. ;)

My DH and I are both teachers, so I can empathize with all of your planning frustration. I'm dreading the day that I have to tell my boss that I'm going to be missing 3 days in December. :scared1: Sadly, we don't get any personal days, so I have to use sick days. Last year she really gave me a hard time for doing this, so I told her they were "mental health" days. Luckily, they were the only days I missed the whole year!

Anyway, thanks for posting all of your plans and I hope that your trip is fantastic! :santa:

All caught up!! I'm there with you, too about Disney University!! I have many of the same books you have! And I just bought 4 more right before my birthday!! I LOVE reading about Disney!! :lovestruc If you read my PTR you saw how many different books I bought while planning my trip!

LOVE the bag and YAY for 40 inches!! :cool1: Wow! What a great trip to Niagra Falls! I was there in high school with my choir from school--it is so beautiful there!! LOVE your updates!!

Welcome Rhonda and THANK YOU - I truly believe this is the best way to honor my Dad.

I think at 40 inches the only things they can't ride are Space Mountain, Expedition Everest and Rockin Roller Coaster. Caya will still be pretty ticked when she can't ride those. I'm working now on some fun alternatives for her and I (or Daddy) while the rest of us are riding. Any ideas for this????

I saw your post about Niagara Falls - I had meaning to our trip on here but hadn't...you gave me inspiration! :) I had been to the Canadian side for a business trip several years ago - it's much much prettier than the US side.

You've most definitely found the perfect place to be giddy! :yay: Those DHs really need to get with it. Sounds like our husbands are a lot alike - don't really get into the planning but sure do appreciate all that we do. If only we got paid for this job! :rotfl:

Welcome floridascgirl!!!

Oh I love surprises!!! We surprised our oldest daughter Hayley when Caya was 6 months old. I think maybe I should post about that! :lovestruc

How are you going to reveal the surprise? I can tell you from experience that it will be worth all the hardwork you put into it. And I can NOT wait to read all about it in your TR!!!

What are your trip dates? Are you staying at Animal Kingdom again? I noticed the ticker! ;)

Good luck with the time off. I'll say a little prayer that it goes smoothly this year!

Hi Becky - So if you're buying more books does that mean you are planning a trip soon???;) Which ones did you get. I just ordered two more on Amazon but I'm always looking for something new & exciting.

I don't really have any tips for when the big kids are on those rides. I think J will be a little sad but overall she'll be fine, mainly because we go to Canada's Wonderland a lot (large theme park near us) and there are soooo many rides she is too short for but K can ride. I've already told here there are a few rides K will be able to ride without her at Disney, but she'll be able to do most, it's an upgrade from what she is used to at Canada's Wonderland. I'm just going to make sure we are doing another ride at the same time...at AK the girls and I (or girls and dh) will do tricera top spin while one of us take K on EE, then I'll prob send dh and K to RnR while I take J and L to Beauty and the Beast on stage which I think J will absolutely love. And if she's really, really sad we'll buy a mickey ice cream to share while K is on the ride :) Of course then I'll have to deal with K being sad about missing ice cream :rotfl:

Rhonda
PTR http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2243659

Welcome floridascgirl!!!

Oh I love surprises!!! We surprised our oldest daughter Hayley when Caya was 6 months old. I think maybe I should post about that! :lovestruc

How are you going to reveal the surprise? I can tell you from experience that it will be worth all the hardwork you put into it. And I can NOT wait to read all about it in your TR!!!

What are your trip dates? Are you staying at Animal Kingdom again? I noticed the ticker! ;)

Good luck with the time off. I'll say a little prayer that it goes smoothly this year!

Yes, we'll be at AKL from Dec. 3-7. We just had our first stay there at the beginning of this year, and we fell in love. :cloud9: Somehow I managed to bamboozle my DH into another trip this soon. :lmao:

As far as the surprise goes, I've been tossing ideas around for awhile now. I've finally settled on how to reveal it, but I just can't decide when. I'm thinking around 2 weeks before we leave. I want to be able to give his teachers ample notice and do a countdown calendar.

We've decided to order in take-out Chinese food and to slip in our own fortunes (I've already practiced). They are going to be "hints" that say for example: 1) A magical journey awaits you. 2) When you wish upon a star your dreams come true. 3) What will you celebrate?

He's very clever and I'm sure he's going to figure it out, but we are going to try to keep the suspense going (if my DH doesn't blow it).

The next day I would like to have a box waiting on the front porch when we get home from school (probably have a neighbor deliver it) and have it addressed to him. Inside will be a Mickey Helium balloon that will float up with a special note tied to it. I've already had a DISigner make me an awesome note that has a giant fortune cookie and the AKL logo w/Mickey & the Gang announcing our trip dates. :woohoo:

I'm soooo excited...I just can't wait. My dilemma now is how to capture this on video without giving it away. :confused3 I really want to film him opening the fortune cookies, but that's going to be impossible. Same with the box...what excuse would there be for taping these everyday activities? It would immediately make him suspicious.

Any advice?

A LITTLE SHOPPING

I really don't have much of an update but this PTR is getting pretty boring so I'll give you what I do have. I've been picking up some odds and ends (all necessities of course-haha) when I'm out.

Ebay: The bag is for me. Not sure what we'll use it for but it was cute and I couldn't pass it up.

20090822_6203.jpg

The sweatshirt is for Hayley.

20090822_6191.jpg

Disney Store: We went to Indy a couple weeks ago. I was really hoping to buy some "junk" but didn't find much. Since I had already planned on spending money and couldn't find anything to spend it on, I decided to get the girls each a gift card.

20090822_6204.jpg

Dollar Store:

20090822_6194.jpg

20090822_6199.jpg

20090822_6201.jpg

UP NEXT: 100 DAYS

100 DAYS

Thursday marked 100 days for us until we leave for Disney. To celebrate, we made a countdown chain (big thank you to Becky for the adorable idea). The girls have had so much fun taking turns removing links. I'm really hoping this will help Caya - she's been waiting to go to Disney FOREVER...just ask her! haha

web.jpg

UP NEXT: REAL LIFE INTERUPTIONS

IS THERE A CLASS FOR DISNEY?

If there were a class offered on "How To Plan The Perfect Disney Vacation", would you take it? I would!!!

Hi N
I am subbing and loving your PTR.
We Diser's sure are a strange breed. So lucky we have the dis boards to commiserate and meet.

I just want to tell you your story of your father touched my heart. Our family dealt with the C-word this year too. I hope you feel his love there this year!

Diana

Hi Diana - I feel so bad, somehow I missed this post until today and it is such a sweet, sweet post. THANK YOU. I'm sorry the c-word hit home for you also...hard to get over, hard to get away from!

Hi Becky - So if you're buying more books does that mean you are planning a trip soon???;) Which ones did you get. I just ordered two more on Amazon but I'm always looking for something new & exciting.

Hi Nikky!! I'm getting back into the swing of things here on the DIS! With school starting things have been soooo busy here!! We are planning on going to WDW next year--we're leaning more towards May right after Ally gets out of school. But we haven't booked it yet--soon!! I just got finished reading Mousejunkies--LOVED it!!! And now I'm starting The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World. What books did you order from Amazon? I have a gift card I need to use!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter