Food Preparation Equipment

Whom did you ask? If you weren't at the BC front desk, or speaking with housekeeping, you didn't get a definitive answer. Phone CMs identity themselves as being in the resort, but they in off-site call centers.

Having worked for a company that had three toaster fires in a year while people were present but outside the lunch room, it would seem toasters in rooms can easily be unsafe.

We asked before we got there. I'm very aware of how Disney call centers work so my plan was to ask again once there. We did take the toaster but ended up not using it. Basically what the CM that we spoke to said was that while toasters are not provided in the hotel rooms at BC, they are provided in BCV, and are approved for use at the entire resort. We did a split-stay at BC and then moved over to the Poly where they upgraded us to connecting DVC villas. Of course, those rooms had toasters so we just used the ones provided.

There are some tricks people can use to make a shared toaster safe for allergy users but those tricks are more unsafe that just carefully monitoring your toaster in the room.

The difference being if a Disney toaster sets the resort on fire, they are accountable for it. And they have the insurance and deep pockets to cover it. How many guests have either of those?

In the studio that we are staying in, it is equipped with paper plates and bowls along with a can opener, dish washing liquid, kitchen towel, scrubbing sponge and other tidbits that make cooking easy and convenient. While it does not have a full size stove and oven unit in it, it's pretty clear that it has a designated area that is intended for the purpose of cooking and food preparation, as well as clean up.
If they wanted the guest to use a deep fryer, hey would provide the deep fryer.
There are some tricks people can use to make a shared toaster safe for allergy users but those tricks are more unsafe that just carefully monitoring your toaster in the room.
I am genuinely ad only curious. What allergies would be at cross contamination risk in a toaster?

I am genuinely ad only curious. What allergies would be at cross contamination risk in a toaster?
I can't use a community toaster.

I have Celiac and can't have gluten.

I generally just don't toast anything. But I do have a toaster that I can pack and use, if I want.

I can't use a community toaster.

I have Celiac and can't have gluten.

I generally just don't toast anything. But I do have a toaster that I can pack and use, if I want.
My husband and sister both say gluten free bread is nasty if not toasted

My husband and sister both say gluten free bread is nasty if not toasted
Nasty doesn't begin to describe it. :crazy2:

And as bad as it is, it is so much better than it used to be. I've been gluten free for over 10 years. I would go out of my way to avoid any kind of gluten free bread. At least now it is edible. But it pretty much has to be toasted, at least a little.

I actually have two kiddos with pretty bad allergies. One of my dd's has gone into anaphylaxis and we've had to use an epipen and have EMT's administer aid. We do not play around with shared toasters. Allergies are peanut, milk and gluten (as mentioned above).

Just to throw out a bit of humor ... true story. We were staying at CSR and there was an Elks Club convention there; we were initially given a room right in the middle of their bloc (we moved, because they were LOUD.) I kid you not, the folks in the next room were operating an industrial frozen cocktail machine right inside the door of their room. They had also set up portable BBQ grills on the walkway outside the room; in fact, several people had. CM's definitely saw it all, but the Elks kept that party roaring for several evenings.

Just to throw out a bit of humor ... true story. We were staying at CSR and there was an Elks Club convention there; we were initially given a room right in the middle of their bloc (we moved, because they were LOUD.) I kid you not, the folks in the next room were operating an industrial frozen cocktail machine right inside the door of their room. They had also set up portable BBQ grills on the walkway outside the room; in fact, several people had. CM's definitely saw it all, but the Elks kept that party roaring for several evenings.

OMG! I think we were there at the same time..I remember walking by and seeing those Elks party hard and thinking Thank goodness we were a couple buildings over LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter