Flight of Passage + People of Size = Disappointing

This question is probably asked and answered somewhere in this thread but I couldn't find it in the bunch of pages I read. I've had 3 knee replacements and I just can't bend my knees very well. Without a lot of pain, it would be around 90 degrees. I've watched the helpful videos but I can't tell just how much you have to bend your knees for the restraints to work. What do you think?

I have a knee replacement and have about a 90 degree bend. I’m 5’10” with long legs. Last time I jusssstt made it. The cast member came behind me and jammed the back restraint with no warning, which was probably for the best. It was painful, but worth it!! I also try to lean forward more and sort of stick my butt out to give myself some more leg room, which has sometimes worked. Try the test seat out front, but I found I needed more of a knee bend on the acrtual ride vehicles.

I fit fine (5'10" 260 lbs, male), but a friend of me who's 5'10" around 340 lbs, male can't fit.

I started wondering if they consider just having more "regular" type of seats with a restraint they could put at the ends of the motion platform....so you sit in a normal type (but big) seat with a restraint, more like a rollercoaster seat. You'd still get a majority of the feeling by being on the motion platform at least, just not the "motorbike" seating position.

I also have a question. I've read this thread a lot because I had reservations about my son (large body type, big feet) and he fit fine, by the way. But now my sister in law wants to go and though she is not really overweight, just slightly, she is only 4'9". Will that be a problem? I think about children and they don't seem to have problems, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with being too short.

I just booked my trip for October 2019. I was last there in October 2017, and could not fit due to my left calf being too large. I am obese and have a lot of scar tissue in that calf due to an injury. I have lost some weight since then, and my calf is down from 22" to 20.5". I'm hoping by October maybe I'll lose some more and be able to get on. Fingers crossed.

I just booked my trip for October 2019. I was last there in October 2017, and could not fit due to my left calf being too large. I am obese and have a lot of scar tissue in that calf due to an injury. I have lost some weight since then, and my calf is down from 22" to 20.5". I'm hoping by October maybe I'll lose some more and be able to get on. Fingers crossed.
Best of luck to you and congrats on your progress. Not an easy feat.

I still say WDW shouldn't be designing rides that a portion of the population can't fit on.

What are the odds that a man that is 6’2, 310 pounds, size 12 shoes, huge belly and huge calves and thighs will fit?
I made it on last year at 6 ft 325 lbs but the CM had to push hard to get the harness on. I'm going in a few weeks and am actually down to 315 so hoping I still fit

Well...i sure hope it works out for you! You should proud of your progress!

I also have a question. I've read this thread a lot because I had reservations about my son (large body type, big feet) and he fit fine, by the way. But now my sister in law wants to go and though she is not really overweight, just slightly, she is only 4'9". Will that be a problem? I think about children and they don't seem to have problems, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with being too short.

My kid was just barely 4 feet and had a great time on FOP. Height shouldn't be a problem.

I'm about that size and had no issue at all!

I can’t wait to go back on FOP in September. Even though I fit on my previous trips, it was tight and I was nervous until it was closed (needed help from CM to close legs).

This year, I’ve lost 70 lbs, and hopefully will lose 20 more before September. So I will no longer have to stress in the queue! Hoping restraints close on their own, though I do have muscular calves from my Peloton.😆

Wanted to report:

During out trip last month I was unable to ride Flight of Passage. I am 6'1" and overweight. I carry my weight rather evenly from top to bottom but have always had larger thighs. The back restraint would fit but it was the leg restraint that wouldn't go. I even took my shoes off to try to wiggle in more but it wasn't happening.

My husband who is 6'2" and weighs 350 (quite a bit more than me) could fit. He however carries almost all of his excess weight in his stomach and back area.

We did rider swap and I made the terrible assumption that if he could fit then surely I could too. I was wrong. Apparently it all depends on your body composition.

I think it would be pretty hard for them to accommodate absolutely everyone as some are extremely obese. They do a pretty good job already of accommodating the vast majority.

Other than FOP, the only ride I really didn't fit on was Primeval Whirl. That was because of big boobs that the lap bar couldn't get past. Once I got on, I couldn't get off until it was over. It was worse than a mammogram :mad::mad:.

Other than FOP, the only ride I really didn't fit on was Primeval Whirl. That was because of big boobs that the lap bar couldn't get past. Once I got on, I couldn't get off until it was over. It was worse than a mammogram :mad::mad:.
Speaking as someone who was once left in that vice grip while the technician had to take a phone call, I sympathize. I also laughed. We can laugh now that it's over right?

So all attractions should be for all heights, weights, ages? Then we are down to It's a Small World, Peter Pan, etc.
Actually...
We went on Small World in DL just before New Years. A party of college football players got on the boat in front of us and...
It got stuck.
Small World DL runs in a trough. The boat bottomed out and that was it. They had to drain the trough to get the boat to sit on the trough unloaded so the team could be walked off the ride. The then re-filled the trough and the ride resumed.
So yeah, Small World isn't made for all body types either.

Actually...
We went on Small World in DL just before New Years. A party of college football players got on the boat in front of us and...
It got stuck.
Small World DL runs in a trough. The boat bottomed out and that was it. They had to drain the trough to get the boat to sit on the trough unloaded so the team could be walked off the ride. The then re-filled the trough and the ride resumed.
So yeah, Small World isn't made for all body types either.

They just needed to put fewer players in each boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!