Fitting in Seven dwarfs mine train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wdwgirl74

Earning My Ears
Have heard seats are small... I know each person has own pull down lap restraint and have read 2 larger adults can't ride together. Is there a tester car outside the line? Has anyone rode that was pooh sized? Hard to find any more details.

Have heard seats are small... I know each person has own pull down lap restraint and have read 2 larger adults can't ride together. Is there a tester car outside the line? Has anyone rode that was pooh sized? Hard to find any more details.

If Disney past history is any guide, just about everyone will be able to ride. I know of no tester vehicles.

If someone who is 5'0 and 110 lbs claims it is "snug", there may be issues.

I'm 6'2/220. I'm expecting a little snug, but no real problem. If that's not the case, I'll report back in a few days.

That's more in general stuff. Looking for specifically comments on fitting in the mine train ride. Don't care to read about what people wear...

That's more in general stuff. Looking for specifically comments on fitting in the mine train ride. Don't care to read about what people wear...

Nevertheless, there are some apropos comments in those threads. The PP was being helpful.

In the second link in my PP, there are comments from those who could not fit due to the lap bar and they exited without riding.

ETA: Sorry, actually, it's from the soft opening threads:

"It should. The cars themselves are very uncomfortable. Extremely tight quarters, particularly for the Pooh-sized. The moulded seats mean your bum hangs over on both sides and the lap bar only comes about halfway to your lap. Your legs prevent it from coming in close to you and are pinched for the remainder of the trip. UGH. I don't know what they were thinking making the cars so small."

"The seat was tight for a Pooh - sized person like myself, but I made it work. It was a little uncomfortable during the ride, but not too bad. It's an individual pullback bar for each person like on Everest, except there's a support bar on both sides of your legs. Squeezing my legs into this space when I pulled the bar back is what was tight. Don't worry, though. If I fit, you will."

I know of a 330lb 6' guy who fit on it fine, though as he said, it was a bit snug. And he's all... ah. "pooh" sized.

I'm pooh sized and had no issues riding it. The molded seats do make it far less comfortable than Big Thunder Mountain, but I didn't have any problem with getting the lap bar to fit.

I'm 6'5", 240. My wife, son, and I are heading over Friday night just to get a ride in on SDMT. I'll let you know how tight it is. The only ride I ever have an issue is Space Mountain. My legs on that one stick up and out so far that the bar almost doesn't fit over my knees.

Well geez! First the new boats at POC that soak you and threaten bodily harm and/or being tossed from the ride, and now the pooh sized getting crammed into sardine cans and whipped about on the mine train. What the heck's going on with the ride vehicle situation? :eek:

I'm 6'2" and 200 lbs. I rode 7dmt on Friday and fit just fine next to my similarly sized son. Snug, yes. But by no means uncomfortable.

Oh wow! I never imagined Disney would open a new and popular ride without taking into account the varying sizes of their guests. They have always been so good about that. We definitely have some Pooh size members in my friends and family circle and while there are many rides at Universal they have to miss out on, there have been no issues at WDW. I would be very interested in knowing if any ladies in the, say, size 26-28 range, particularly those who carry their weight more in the hips and thighs, are able to ride. I'd hate for them to go through the line and be turned away. :(

We rode about 6 times over the weekend and even though its tight, if you don't push the lap bar down too far you will be fine. My son is 6'2, I'm a size 20 and my husband is tall and wide. It's a tight fit, but if your careful with the lap bar it's not that uncomfortable.

The first couple times we rode I made the mistake of pushing the bar down so it was snug against me and ended up with my legs painfully pinned together. When I stopped pushing the bar down all the way it was much more comfortable.

Also, make sure you set your bags on the ground before you sit down so you aren't stuck holding them the whole time.

Kenny posted on FB yesterday that larger guests will find SDMT "painful"
I just rode the it on Friday and I agree with Kenny! I am pooh sized and it's a tight fit. I do think 2 larger people can fit together but the molded seats are always too small but my issues was with the separate lap bars they had bars that go on each side of your legs so if your bottom heavy or larger legs it's super tight!! It's not a long ride but it was uncomfortable and I don't have a problem with most other stuff at all.

I was listening to one podcast that said there is a special way they are making big people (I'm a big person) sit in order to fit (assuming they are putting one leg in and one leg on the other side of the lap bars. The problem is it precludes having anybody sit next to you, so your child would be unable to ride with you in those cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter