Fitting in Seven dwarfs mine train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know exactly how much space is in between the vertical pieces of the lap bar? Based on a quick measurement, I could make about 20 inches work. Is it close to that? i am only 5'3" with very short legs so leg length( 28 inch inseam) won't be an issue, just the width. I have never noticed Everest to be uncomfortable for me.

ETA: I just saw the 13.5 inches upthread. Are we sure that's correct? My DD12 who wears a size 4 isn't that small across her legs at mid thigh.

Last edited:
Anyone know exactly how much space is in between the vertical pieces of the lap bar? Based on a quick measurement, I could make about 20 inches work. Is it close to that? i am only 5'3" with very short legs so leg length( 28 inch inseam) won't be an issue, just the width. I have never noticed Everest to be uncomfortable for me.

ETA: I just saw the 13.5 inches upthread. Are we sure that's correct? My DD12 who wears a size 4 isn't that small across her legs at mid thigh.
Yes, it is correct.

Yes, it is correct.
I am trying to wrap my head around this and failing I guess. How on earth are people who are size 20 or bigger riding then? Is there some trick to it? Literally my SIZE 4 kid cannot make her lap small enough to fit if her legs have to go in between 2 bars 13.5 inches apart. She can get her knees in, but that's it. My husband is a size 38 waist and he can't do it either. How can someone a 44-48 fit?

I am trying to wrap my head around this and failing I guess. How on earth are people who are size 20 or bigger riding then? Is there some trick to it? Literally my SIZE 4 kid cannot make her lap small enough to fit if her legs have to go in between 2 bars 13.5 inches apart. She can get her knees in, but that's it. My husband is a size 38 waist and he can't do it either. How can someone a 44-48 fit?

The problem is, you're thinking the lap bar sits across your actual LAP. (Silly person! LOL) Mid-thigh or so. My recollection is, it just came over the top of my knees. Like, literally about 3" above my knees (sitting) if that. At that point, I measure about a 12.5". Mid-thigh, though, I measure closer to 16.5" to 17". So shorten your mental image of where that bar hits and it might help...

It doesn't go around your actual lap. Measure right across your knees while they are squeezed together. I believe the unofficial policy it is just needs to get 1 click and that 1 click doesn't actually need to be anywhere near you like the PP photo proves.

My son is a college football offensive lineman. 6'4 300+ lbs. Huge legs, arms, shoulders. He fit. Not comfortably but he did fit.

I measured one of our bar stools and it was about 13 inches. Next I flipped it around as I sat in a chair and tried to slide it over my legs. My husband thought I'd lost my mind. The bar only needs to go just above the knee. It is difficult to explain but it really is secure just above the knee. I've been a coaster fanatic most of my life so I am used to uncomfortable rides. I thought 7dmt was just fine. Just pull the bar until it clicks. I'm no longer a size 20 and I rode it just fine with room to spare.

I am so nervous about riding this ride! I have always thought rides were tight and mildly uncomfortable but that's just something you get used to when you've a fat girl. So many of the people said they were "Pooh" sized, but they were men. Men tend to have small hips and butts even when they are very large. I'm having trouble getting reports about what extremely WIDE people have to say about this ride. I had to exit a ride at King's Island in Ohio this past summer because I couldn't fit my hips in the seat. It was very embarrassing but I guess not quite enough to make me lose weight. I am 5'4" and 260; size 24. I carry most of my weight in my butt/hips/thighs. We will be at Disney over Christmas and we haven't been since this ride has been open. I'm so nervous about attempting to ride it!
Just got home from our perfect trip. I got on this ride and every ride. I'm so glad I rode it and glad I didn't let myself stress too much before riding.

I'm 6'2" and weigh near 300 lbs carrying most of it in my belly. I've made fast passes and hoping to be able to ride. If not, oh well. As embarrassing as it is to be turned away from a ride (has only happened a couple times) it's not like you're going to see those people ever again. If you're thinking of going and are worried about being turned away just remember that. You'll never see those people that saw you get turned away again.

I'm 6'2" and weigh near 300 lbs carrying most of it in my belly. I've made fast passes and hoping to be able to ride. If not, oh well. As embarrassing as it is to be turned away from a ride (has only happened a couple times) it's not like you're going to see those people ever again. If you're thinking of going and are worried about being turned away just remember that. You'll never see those people that saw you get turned away again.

Don't fret. I have lost weight since my trip last February when I was 6'2 335 big legs and belly and I fit then...uncomfortable...but fit and rode it 4-5 times. They key is who sits next to you, and having a 63 pound ten-year-old to sit next to works perfectly for me. You will be fine!

Don't fret. I have lost weight since my trip last February when I was 6'2 335 big legs and belly and I fit then...uncomfortable...but fit and rode it 4-5 times. They key is who sits next to you, and having a 63 pound ten-year-old to sit next to works perfectly for me. You will be fine!

It's more about getting that bar over your knees. I'm 6'3 320 wear size 48 pants, It was tight but I fit. I think you will be fine. Enjoy the ride! It was a blast!!

I worry about my husband. He is "pooh" sized, as you folks put it. He is not a very determined person either. My brother is pooh+ sized (or was, he recently lost a ton of weight) and my brother would make the ride employees at Kings Island and Cedar Point in Ohio push and push until the lap bar/shoulder restraints clicked because he loved roller coasters so much. My husband... not really a coaster enthusiast. If there's any resistance, he'll probably give up. He gave up on rides at Kings Island that my brother would gladly cram himself into.

Before anyone replies to posters who posted in 2015, closing.

*It's always best to begin a new thread than to reply to a thread over a few months old. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!