First world rants

Thanks for the Amazon recommendations - I had already seen them and they weren't to my liking. BUT I was on the road for work today and passed by a previously unknown to me Tuesday morning and found some plates...actually did a bit of mix & matching which really isn't my style but I figured why not! I was stuck between paper which I can't make myself do for Thanksgiving (it's me, not you I promise! to many formal Thanksgivings) and my Spode, which I am loath to subject to my adult sons or 3 year old niece to, although I really should. Why have it if I don't enjoy it?!?!?!

I have an early meeting which means I am getting up at 5:20 which is too early for the sandwich shop to be open. Which also means I have to make/ pack a sandwich for my train ride. Which pisses me off. Too early for me to do extra.

I hate it when my apps just randomly kick me out for some unknown reason and I have to re-enter my user name and password. For example, for some unknown reason AT&T TV made me re-enter my info yesterday on my Apple TV. Since we're not supposed to use the same passwords for every account, it can be a real pain in the neck, especially when the person who encounters the issue (family member) has no idea what the password is.

My rant: rea! Estate tv shows specifically buyers. Everybody "needs" granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, two sinks and a fun in every bsthroom, closets the size of a room, a home office, quiet property away from street traffic/noise but close to work/shopping/town center, at least two-car gstate if not more, move in ready, under a budget that they frequently exceed or worse.

The show I'm watching, couple decided on a $135,000 condo, offered $85,000, ultimately paid $93,000. And a woman on House Hunters the other night based her decision partly on whether she could impress her social media followers.

My rant: rea! Estate tv shows specifically buyers. Everybody "needs" granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances, two sinks and a fun in every bsthroom, closets the size of a room, a home office, quiet property away from street traffic/noise but close to work/shopping/town center, at least two-car gstate if not more, move in ready, under a budget that they frequently exceed or worse.

The show I'm watching, couple decided on a $135,000 condo, offered $85,000, ultimately paid $93,000. And a woman on House Hunters the other night based her decision partly on whether she could impress her social media followers.
:rotfl2: Ha! If you think watching it on tv is irksome, try being in the business. :sad2:

My entry for today is buyers/customers who know nothing beyond their wildly unrealistic and incorrect expectations (gleaned largely from HGTV :laughing: ) who then threaten to “destroy your company” on social media when they don’t get their way.

Last edited:

I would be the weird one who doesn't care about the appliances, but NEEDS the kitchen cabinets to go all the way to the ceiling.

Last year, my DH accidentally donated all of my winter shoes to Goodwill. It was not entirely his fault; I had set them all out to polish them (8 pairs of Danskos!) and he mistook them for being part of the donation pile that was in a different place in the same room.

SO, I need to replace shoes this year. Ordered 6 pairs of knee-high boots from Zappos, and only one pair fit- the pair he didn't like. I know I could still keep them, but he's my only gauge of what looks good and what doesn't so they're going back. So I have no shoes to wear. :( First world problem - I have money to buy shoes, just no shoes.

Last year, my DH accidentally donated all of my winter shoes to Goodwill. It was not entirely his fault; I had set them all out to polish them (8 pairs of Danskos!) and he mistook them for being part of the donation pile that was in a different place in the same room.

SO, I need to replace shoes this year. Ordered 6 pairs of knee-high boots from Zappos, and only one pair fit- the pair he didn't like. I know I could still keep them, but he's my only gauge of what looks good and what doesn't so they're going back. So I have no shoes to wear. :( First world problem - I have money to buy shoes, just no shoes.

I my gosh - I just sat in my closet w/ my shoes & cried for you!!! Also, nice to know there is more than one person with 8 pairs of those shoes around besides me! haha....
I'm very sorry for your loss!

Money issues caused by poor planning by others. >:(

We are moving over Christmas . Our lease is up at the end of November; DS wants to change schools, which means moving. I hate moving, but ok, it is just going to be about 15 minutes away, so not a big deal. Give me a chance to clean out the garage, amiright?

Monkey wrench: The money I had set aside for deposits and the move had to be used to pay for DH's mother's funeral at the beginning of the month (my savings account, and the remainder on DH's big credit card). There's a whole drama laden story there, I might throw it up on a MIL thread some day, but for now, let's just say that sometimes it sucks being the responsible ones.

Goodbye new bedroom/mattress set for us and DS. His bonus money that we were going to spend on that is now going for the deposit on the new place, and the moving fees for the water/electric/etc.

DH keeps asking me "any news on the move? have you found a place?" Yes, honey, I found a place. I've found a lot of places. But unless you can pull $$ out of your behind, nothing is happening until Dec 1st (and even then, it's only going to be us looking until Dec 12th; that will give them a week to run the applications, and for DH's bonus to hit the bank on the 15th.) I'm not sure what he expects from me; I'm not sure he understands that we can't put the applications in now and expect them to hold a place for us for over a month until payday, kwim?

Yall ain't got nothing on my problem....the windshield washer fluid reservoir in my Porsche is leaking :sad1:
:sad1: Sorry man - stay strong!

:flower3: I know this is a support thread but is it wrong of me to be ROFLMAO over this? :rotfl2: Thanks, I really needed that today! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter