First visit to PO Riverside......Love it? Hate it?

wdwdasiy

Mouseketeer
This will be our first time at PO Riverside. We will be there for a week starting Easter weekend. I've always wanted to stay there. Hoping my kids will like it. Any thoughts on stays you all have had? Suggestions for DS2 and DD9? Also, does WDW do much for Easter? The kids are excited about the Easter Bunny coming to Disney! DD lost a tooth there last year and just knew she saw TinkerBell take it....I love being a mom!

Any help would be great :D

My Husband and I stayed there with out kids and we loved it. The pool area seems nice for kids. I may be wrong but I think you are alloud to use the pool at POFQ too. It look like a great pool for kids.

I don't have kids yet, but there were many families there - and the kids around the pool area seemed to be having a blast!

The whole POR atmosphere is so relaxing and beautiful. Very nice to come back to after a day at the parks.

We loved the foodcourt, and this time around we're going to try Boatwright's for a sitdown dinner.

If you'd like to see photos of POR that we took, you can click on my username and then click on homepage.

Edited to add: Yes, you can use the POFQ pool and their foodcourt, too.

We were surprised with how much we enjoyed our stay. We stayed in the Mansions section and the highlights were:

Old Man Swimmin' Hole (pretty decent slide)
Gazebos (great for picture taking)
Butterfly gardens
Ducks (hey, I saw the ages of your children, it will be a highlight for THEM too :smooth: ) My dd wanted to watch the ducks, feed the ducks, chase the ducks and ducklings
Boat ride to DTD and POFQ - nice, relaxing, fun
Sit down restaurant with a great breakfast
On certain nights there is a piano player in the lounge who does a family sing-a-long event, it's a lot of fun.
I like how the grounds are very different between bayou and mansions. Walk over to the other side from wherever you stay. My dd thought it was an adventure to go to the bayou side.
Magnolia trees (if you are a fan!)

HTH!

I don't have children but it is such a wonderful resort. It is great for every one.
You and your family will have a wonderful time. The main pool is nice your children will really have a fun time. Its a great resort to just walk around its so beautiful.

I have stayed there twice now, once in the mansion section, once in Alligator Bayou. After being in the Mansion section, we were disappointed when we checked in this past November and found out we were in the AB section. BUT, when we got to the room, we LOVED that section so much better.

The resort is very nice, beautiful grounds, etc. The only bad thing about it is that you can have a VERY long walk to the main building. The first time we went we thought our walk was long, but the AB room was twice as far. The first trip it POURED down rain all week, so getting to the main building, well........sucked! We also stayed at AKL that same week for a couple nights and vowed we would never stay anywhere else. It is one building and you really don't have to go outside, except for a short bit and it is undercover.

This last trip though, since it was a weekend thing and spur of the moment, we stayed in an All Star and we actually like the values better. We won't stay in a moderate again, too spread out.

You will love it!! we were there for Thanksgiving week and had a wonderful time. We have stayed at : BC, YC, AKL, OKW, BW, CBR, CSR, WL, POR. This is my new favorite! we were in Alligator Bayou section Bldg. 14. Enjoy!! :flower1:

Loved this resort. I think AB 17 is a favorite section for many. I don't know what the preferred section in the mansions is but we stayed in Magnolia Terrace?(bend) It was very close to the bus stop. About 6-10 minute walk to dining. We were in AB #18 I believe. Close to parking lot, laundry and quiet pool.

The 1st visit we had a PO-R, which was Dixie Landings back then was in 1993 for our belated honeymoon. We stayed in Magnolia Bend in the Magnolia Terrace Mansion with a water view (hadn't learned to request a garden view, no parking lot and get a good view for less at that point.) The room was really nice, the theming of the resort was beautiful and the castmembers were great. We had a blast not only doing everything that WDW had to offer, but renting the boats at the resort, going to the pool, listening to the piano player, etc.

We have since stayed there 2 more times. The next being in 1998 in Alligator Bayou bldg 14. Again, a water view, but awesome convenience and view. We would leave our bldg in the morning and see the ducks on the levee, the rabbits hopping, it was great. The food court was right over the bridge and the front bus stop right around the corner. We weren't there as long this trip, so we didn't do as many of the extras.

2 summers ago, my parents came down and were staying at PO-R. They said they would keep DD for the night if we wanted to go to DTD. Even though by that time, we were local, we had never been to DTD and not had to worry about driiving, getting back in time for childcare to end, etc. So we called last minute and booked a room at PO-R as well. We were in Partiere Place, which is a gorgeous mansion. We had learned by this point the rule of Garden View, no parking lot, and had a great view of the gorgeous fountains facing the river. We were right across the bridge from the main bldg and 1st bus stop.. opposite end of Alligator Bayou.

I would definitely say you will enjoy PO-R. Take time to really walk around and enjoy the ambience!

We loved the POR. We usually stay at deluxes but gave the POR a try a couple of years back for an extra trip, we wern't let down. It's a beautiful resort & the sit down restaurant, food court, bikes, boat rentals and boat to DTD gave it a deluxe feel.

It's the only moderate we'd stay at again. Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter