First Time Scooter Renters (EVC)/users. What company and 3 or 4 wheel?

Was just at USO/IOA a couple of weeks ago. None of their ride queues allow ECV. Must transfer to wheelchair or stand in line. We were only doing shows and enjoying the atmosphere so the only thing we could not do was the Bourne stunt show as both me and husband were in ecv's. I maybe could have pushed him in a wheelchair but line was 30 minutes. The cast member told me that they only need to be compliant with ADA for wheelchairs.
Same issues for me at USO/IOA back in April. I was solo and at all rides was told either I needed to use a regular wheel or walk. Exception was Monster make up show and a few other shows. Also told if I wanted to wait they could get someone to push me through the line in the wheelchair. I did try to walk/stand but realized there was no way I could do this because wherever I left my scooter to wait in the queue was no where near where I exited the ride. So even if someone had pushed me in the line.. I'd still need to walk back to where the scooter was.
Very dissatisfied.

We rented from Gold Mobility. They were early on arrival and Departure, no waiting. Nice Scooter, loved that we did not have to pay for all the extras. Husband got a lot of positive complements in the parks for his rental. This was the perfect scooter for my husband. It was his first time on a scooter and it made his and our trip doable with his back problem. So glad my Disboard friends recommended Gold Mobility!

Tigger

We rented from Gold Mobility. They were early on arrival and Departure, no waiting. Nice Scooter, loved that we did not have to pay for all the extras. Husband got a lot of positive complements in the parks for his rental. This was the perfect scooter for my husband. It was his first time on a scooter and it made his and our trip doable with his back problem. So glad my Disboard friends recommended Gold Mobility!

Tigger
Until you rent from Gold Mobility the first time, it's hard to explain to people how much better and nicer the rentals are. The service is the best in the area by far. Plus all the extras they offer. I wouldn't even consider renting from any other scooter company after using them.

This was our first time to use a scooter. Husband really enjoyed the attention he got for the nice scooter. So glad I checked here on the boards to find this company.

This was our first time to use a scooter. Husband really enjoyed the attention he got for the nice scooter. So glad I checked here on the boards to find this company.
We felt the same way after they were recommended to us. We would never use a different company.

Gold Mobility will have the most comfortable ride, as on the Victory 10 they use captains chairs, which most others charge extra for if they even offer them and they include fan, cell phone holder, cup holder and USB ports to charge your phone. Just be sure to get the appropriate size for his weight, either the Victory 10 or Maxima. They also include damage (most charge extra for this) and theft (most don't even offer this) coverage at no additional cost. They also provide ponchos. And in general are less expensive than their competitors, unless you have a shorter trip than about 4 days, as they have a flat rate for the first 7 days. Their equipment is also kept in good repair and replaced frequently. They also will come to you in the park in the rare case there is a problem, if you rent from anyone else, be sure to ask them what they do, as some make you get it back to your resort or to the front of the park. They also will meet on your schedule, usually they will be waiting for you as you arrive to your resort or for many non Disney resorts they will drop off at Bell Services, many others have preset times depending on your resort. Their controls are also much easier to use than some of the competitors (obviously if the competitor is using the same models, then that isn't an issue, but some use different ones). They also have the best customer service of just about any company we have ever dealt with, mobility or otherwise.

3 wheel is the easiest to maneuver and have never felt unstable on them. There are actually a lot of rides that are ok to do, even with back concerns. One other thing to note is that if the seats may be a concern (for example, Small World Mya be an issue due to the height of the seat back, depending on where his back injury is) and the attraction allows people to remain in wheelchairs (again small world does this), they will usually have the option to transfer to a park provided chair and use that, just politely ask.
Some questions: Does the poncho cover the chair? I was reading about not using it when it is raining but what if there is one of those sporadic showers that happen? Does Gold deliver to Shades of Green? WE are going beginning of November. When should I call to reserve one? Thank you for your help. I'm very nervous about this. Just had a tendon injury and I have to wear a boot and keep walking to a minimum. Our children set this trip up so we could enjoy the grandkids at Disney. Very excited and not going to miss this.

Gold delivers to Bell services at Shades, as well as almost all non Disney owned resorts.

Some questions: Does the poncho cover the chair? I was reading about not using it when it is raining but what if there is one of those sporadic showers that happen? Does Gold deliver to Shades of Green? WE are going beginning of November. When should I call to reserve one? Thank you for your help. I'm very nervous about this. Just had a tendon injury and I have to wear a boot and keep walking to a minimum. Our children set this trip up so we could enjoy the grandkids at Disney. Very excited and not going to miss this.

Call NOW to reserve your ECV - you almost can't call too far ahead.

Gold delivers to SOG; you will have to meet them (it's not a problem, and Gold will set up everything to be as easy as possible for you).

Ask Gold about the length/size of the poncho - they should be able to answer those questions as well.

You will be great - when it comes to your rental ECV just remember these important notes:

- Disney has a rule that is "1 seat, 1 butt" on all mobility devices for a reason. You don't want to have one of your grandbabies get hurt because they lept off of a moving ECV or some other reason.

- Be sure to plug in your ECV in your hotel room all night, every night to charge, and you should not have to worry about running out of power the next day.

- Take your time until you are used to driving an ECV at WDW - let bus drivers, Monorail CMs and boat CMs all know that you are a newbie, and they will help you load/unload. A member of your travel party can also drive the ECV on/off Disney transportation for you.

Have a great trip!

Wow. I have rented from Gold Mobility before and they have really gone up in price. Paid $139 in March of 2021, $189 in February of 2022 and now they want $229 for three days in February.

Wow. I have rented from Gold Mobility before and they have really gone up in price. Paid $139 in March of 2021, $189 in February of 2022 and now they want $229 for three days in February.
I recently made a reservation with Gold's. Jan 2023 for 7 days was 229.00.

Gold delivers to Bell services at Shades, as well as almost all non Disney owned resorts.
They deliver to Disney properties if YOU are there to accept the ECV. They do not leave it with bell services and they do not pick up from Bell services. We just used them last week. well worth the $229

They deliver to Disney properties if YOU are there to accept the ECV. They do not leave it with bell services and they do not pick up from Bell services. We just used them last week. well worth the $229
Shades of Green is NOT a Disney operated resort. According to Gold SoG allows delivery to bell services.
Do you have any personal experience or knowledge to the contrary?

Swan and Dolphin are on Disney property. I have personal experience using Gold with bell services.

I was at WDW in August, and it rained every day without fail. I had a poncho for me, and one for the scooter. Golds Mobility actually provided a poncho and a cover for the controls. You definitely want to keep that part covered! I had brought along a few clothes pins, and used them to hold the cover over the controls. It was windy enough that it wouldn't have stayed on otherwise.

Shades of Green is NOT a Disney operated resort. According to Gold SoG allows delivery to bell services.
Do you have any personal experience or knowledge to the contrary?

Swan and Dolphin are on Disney property. I have personal experience using Gold with bell services.
I have experience renting with GM also. Just last week.
i do not have experience with non Disney owned properties.

good to know about S&D.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter