Fidelity

First American is extremely slow! I wish I had known prior and requested a different title company. I am still waiting 6 weeks later to get closing docs.

After doing my research on this site I told my agent I heard good things about mason title co and she told me that’s who they are using. And I did not have to reimburse the seller the fee for the remaining 2021 points! Now waiting to pass ROFR!!!

I bought (2) via resale.

(1) on fidelity - got a really good price, great communication, passes quickly

(1) on DVC resale market - good price, took about 60 days to pass ROFR as there was some paperwork error and a lot of unclear finger pointing, and I felt like a crazy person because I had to keep following up (day 40, 45, 50, etc. lol)

I would say though the title company is your real most important component here if you know what you’re buying and what you want to pay. They all have different inventory and so you have to watch all of the sites closely.
Ditto to this experience

Out of curiosity, did they give a reason for the delay? We had a similar issue where ours was sent 3 weeks after we thought it was. When I called to confirm that it had just been sent (we thought the email we got was supposed to be telling us we passed ROFR), it seemed like they were just making up an excuse about the seller causing the delay.

I just heard back from 1st American title company that they are working on clearing titles and cannot send closing documents for now.
I wonder if I'll even get to close since it's already been 7 weeks.

I got a great deal through Fidelity once.

Actually, it was too great of a deal. Disney stole the contract from me. But I found them good to work with.

The one I would stay away from if you can is dvcresalemarket. They’re slimy in my opinion. And I have proof that they lied to me. But they do get a lot of listings… so it’s hard to not at least look. Just don’t trust anything any of them tell you.

After doing my research on this site I told my agent I heard good things about mason title co and she told me that’s who they are using. And I did not have to reimburse the seller the fee for the remaining 2021 points! Now waiting to pass ROFR!!!
That’s fidelity! They do not try to force you to reimburse for points. They may ask if you want to, or they may not, but they never show a preference. Very professional.

You should never rule out any of the licensed resale brokers if you're in the market for points. It would be akin to passing on your dream home because something about the listing agent annoys you.

They all sell the exact same product. Just look for the right contract for you and go for it.

That’s fidelity! They do not try to force you to reimburse for points. They may ask if you want to, or they may not, but they never show a preference. Very professional.
I just agreed to terms on a contract with Fidelity. I am waiting to hear it has gone to ROFR. They gave me my choice of title co. (I went with Mason over Sweet because I could use a CC for the deposit). Also, I am reimbursing for the fees on the 2021 points (OCT UY), but not on the banked points from 2020 that are available in 2021 UY (106 of 200). Once I get confirmation the seller has e-signed and it has been sent to ROFR, I'll post the #'s. Can't believe I got sucked into more points....... curse you Addonitis...

When I bought through fidelity 3 years ago, I would have said there communication was lacking. I still got the points, but I was frustrated and impatient at times. So far this time it is much better. Once I had an agreement on the contract, they assigned a Contract Coordinator. Once the seller's e-signed the agreement, I got an auto generated email from Secure E-sign with a copy of Contract. (they took 2 days to sign) and within 20 minutes I got an email from the coordinator that the contract has been submitted to ROFR.
Of the 4 other resales contract I have and the one I lost in ROFR (all bought 3-5 years ago),each bought through a different agency including one at Fidelity, this has been the best communication through ROFR submission.

Another improvement from a few years ago as well is that they seem to pull sold contracts from their site almost immediately. Years ago, they would still show as available for days after I had an agreement. The only poor communication from them I have had recently was a few weeks ago. I got the Thursday email and there was a contract I was interested in. When I selected "Make an Offer" in the email, it took me to a resort page, not the points for sale page. I suspect the points were already sold. When I searched for available points, those points were nowhere to be found on the site. I tried to contact them a couple of different ways to put in an offer or ask about the points, but I never heard back. A general form response of "Thanks for your interest, but another customer has already bought that contract" would have been nice/expected.

Actually, it was too great of a deal. Disney stole the contract from me. But I found them good to work with.

The one I would stay away from if you can is dvcresalemarket. They’re slimy in my opinion. And I have proof that they lied to me. But they do get a lot of listings… so it’s hard to not at least look. Just don’t trust anything any of them tell you.

Isn‘t dvcresalemarket.com a sponsor/key partner of this board?

Just heard from my broker and my contract is still in ROFR, sent on 7/27/21. So glad to get an update but I was so nervous to open the email!!! Fingers still crossed!

Thank you for updating on purchase and how it was handled by Fidelity. Went to ROFR on 8/30 on a resale purchase through Fidelity. After your experience I feel more at ease. To date no complaints.

I couldn’t disagree with you more about dvcresalemarket. They’re all former DVC guides, and I’ve found them all great to work with, particularly Humberto.

They’re all former DVC guides

Which is not a good thing imo. I won't hold it against them but everyone who has told me they were a guide has not been informative and tells half truths typically trying to push you to pay more.

The number one thing on this forum is to come here for questions not your guide so them being an ex guide doesn't make them that much more knowledgeable.

Like I said though I measure each person seperately but for me the important part is cost of contract and title company. When I was looking at various times I went to the 6-13 different sites I have bookmarked and just looking for what I wanted.

My experience with Fidelity was fine.There have been discussions in the past where people have mentioned that the communication could be better - but it was OK and for the price I got on my contract I was willing to wait a bit more....

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I find their listing prices high too. However some of their agents are decent but others not so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter