• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

February 7, 2004 Eastern

Welcome Karen, Denise and families!
Denise,
I like POR more than CBR - I hope you have the same experience. Are you using the DCL transportation to the Port?
Karen,
When was your last Magic cruise?

I look forward to meeting everyone,
Dawn

Thanks for the welcome aboard.

Dawn, my last cruise was the 10/18/03 Eastern. My husband & I were joined by our two sons who live in California. (Ed & I are from Pennsylvania.) It was wonderful to spend a week together as a family--relaxing, eating, sunning, eating, swimming, eating.

I hope to convince my travelling buddies to try the brunch and high tea. I'll let you know.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new "Golden Mickeys" show. It sounds great.

Karen

Karen,
We last sailed in May of (now) last year. I am excited to see the new areas as well as the new show. I have been fortunate enough to secure one of the rare High Tea ressies in the past and hope to do so with our group this time around. i still have not made it to Brunch.
We have five weeks to go.

Happy Planning,
Dawn

Hi everyone. I just wanted to recommend the Palo brunch that Annie hopes to reserve. It was fabulous the last time we did a Disney cruise. I am hoping she can secure the high tea as well. Annie, I will let you know our stateroom number as soon as I find out-it hasn't been assigned yet-hoping for an upgrade. I sent you another pm.
Janene

BUMP UP

I drove by the Wonder today as she was getting ready to sail. The weather was an amazing 80 degrees and picture perfect. Can't wait for you all to get here to enjoy it,too...

Dawn

Originally posted by disneygal58

The weather was an amazing 80 degrees and picture perfect. Can't wait for you all to get here to enjoy it,too...

Dawn

You have no idea how mean you are Dawn! It's a whole 3° here right now with no warm up in sight. I can't wait to get there to enjoy the warmth! I swear I'm getting so old and my knees just ache when it's this cold out.

On another note, I kind of started preparing clothing today. I've got a pile of stuff by my ironing board that needs to be ironed for the trip so whenever I have a few spare minutes (ha ha) I can run down and do a couple of things. I hate ironing! LOL
::MinnieMo

Good morning and I hope evry one stays warm or at least have warm thoughts (Cruise) This morning it is minus 45 degrees cars were all plugged in still tough going getting back to work and school after the holidays. I wish everyone a disney day. Arrrggghhh eh pirate: Randy

Originally posted by goofyaboutmickey7
This morning it is minus 45 degrees cars were all plugged in still tough going getting back to work and school after the holidays. I wish everyone a disney day. Arrrggghhh eh pirate: Randy

OMG! OK, the -3° that it is here right now is not so bad! LOL And I know what you mean about it being hard getting back to work after the hoidays. I'm a cook at a school and I think I felt like one of the kids this morning. I REALLY didn't want to go to school today!

Keep thinking those warm thoughts - our time to cruise is right around the corner.
My oldest daughter is returning to school in Colorado on Friday (-30 there today). I think she has it backwards - school year in Colorado and summer in Florida. Oh, well she IS MY daughter.

Hang In There,
Dawn

According to DCL website, the cost of my category is $200 less today than it was last week. It's still higher than what I paid.

I post this for 2 reasons....you might want to check the cost of your category. If it drops below what you paid, DCL will match the new price IF you ask (directly if you booked thru them, thru your TA if you used one.) Secondly, the fact that the price has dropped probably means that the cruise isn't as full as DCL might like it to be at this point. I consider that "good news" as the ship is much more pleasant when it isn't completely full.....although it is pretty wonderful any time.....

When it's not full, you just have more flexibility if you need to change your dinner time...or make Palo or spa reservations, etc....

And...one month from tomorrow we will be sailing!

I am really hoping that the water temp at Castaway is going to be swimable - the last couple, recent reports I have read - it has been cold! I plan on posting/asking what recent water/air temps have been on the main forum in a couple of weeks for recent cruisers.

I do know that we won't be having blizzard warnings like we do here today! Boy, am I glad we are flying in Thursday pm!

My little toy poodle wants to go outside - little does she know...

Waiting for those docs!

Jenn,
I put the small package in the mail today for your girls from Mickey and Minnie. I hope that they enjoy the surprize as much as I did putting it together.

Dawn

Originally posted by disneygal58
Jenn,
I put the small package in the mail today for your girls from Mickey and Minnie. I hope that they enjoy the surprize as much as I did putting it together.

Dawn

I can't wait for them to get it. Thank you so much for doing this for me!

One month from now, I will be at the Port....or on the way.....anyone else having Disney dreams?????

Rainforest, here I come......I went to the gym today so I'd look decent in my swimsuit. (not that anyone cares, but I want to...)
Kathryn

Guess what we got in the mail today. So far I have just glanced at our documents to see if we were blessed with an upgrade. No such luck.

Annie - For Palo reservations our cabin numbers are 6515 (Patricia Bathras) and 6537 (Curt and Susan Bathras)

I had some extra time today so I took a stab at updating Annie's cruise list. Sorry if I made any errors.

1. Disneygal58: Dawn Hope; DD - Erin (18)
2. Annie12345: Ann, DH - Randy; DD - Jaclyn (10)
3. sbatty: Susan, DH - Curt, DD - Bryce (4); DS - Noah (5 1/2); MIL - Pat; Dad – Barry
4. tink&cinderella: Denise, DH; DC (5 1/2); DC (21 months)
5. mrsdon: Debbie & DH
6. Zellda: DH & DW
7. DebiLL: Debi; DH; DS (12); DD (10)
8. beryl1657: DW - Kim; DH - Steve; DS (8) - Jason; DD – Lindsey (5); and friends
9. lotsofboys: DW; DH; DS's (10) - twins; DS7 and DSister; DS (17); DS (13); DD (10); Mom and Dad
10. cyberkashi: Jami; DH; DD - Jazmyn (7)
11. Jengang: Jen; DH - Joe; DD - Kaela (10); DD - Beth (7)
12. kcashner: Kathryn; DD (13)
13. Borman: DW; DH; DD (7)
14. jjb52: Janene & DH - Andy
15. Rikersmom – Karen & friends Maryann, John & Dorothy

Jen,
It was truly my pleasure - it should be there by the weekend.
Kathryn,
The Rainforest Room is my favorite. I begin everyday there. I am dreaming of those heated tile loungers....

I WANT MY DOCUMENTS!!!!!

Dawn

Hello everyone - Just thought I'd check in and say hi...
Kathryn - I've been going to the gym too, but I still don't think I'll look decent in a bathing suit :( ... this cruise, I am definitely planning to run/walk on deck 4 every day... on our last cruise I would get to deck 4 and see those incredibly comfy deck chairs, and decide it would be better to laze around and watch the ocean...
Thanks for updating the list, Susan...
For those who I'll be making the Palo brunch and/or tea ressies, I thought I would just confirm the date/time by leaving a message in your room.
Would everyone like to plan a quick meet on Saturday? How about at 3:30 outside of Studio Sea? There's quite a bit of space there, and it would give us time to say hi before we need to get to the lifeboat drill...

Have a great day everyone and keep warm...

Ann

Hi everyone, wow only one more month. We got our documents today, but went through Costco, so that could be why and darn no upgrade here either:confused: Oh well, you all have a better chance now statistically!

Susan, thanks for the update also. We are now just us and Mom and Dad, no sister or DS(17), DS(13) or DD(10). I can't believe almost everyone has girls, my boys are so disappointed their cousins aren't coming and don't really care for the clubs. I was really counting on the cousins (who have never been) to keep them interested this time.

What do you all think about my 101/2 year old twin boys having sign in and out privileges? We are probably too protective and don't let them do much unaccompanied even at home and I've read so many articles relating to women being harassed and sometimes assaulted on other cruise lines that it really worries me to have them roaming that big ship alone. The last time we went they were 8 so it really wasn't an issue. Any advice?

Thanks, Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter