February 7, 2004 Eastern

Don't panic if you don't get your docs next week. Disney says you will get them 2 weeks ahead, even though mine have usually come a month before we cruise....and Annie is cruising a week before the rest of us! Also, you need to consider the holidays....I look for my docs about Jan 7-10, but even that is not the time to start worrying.

Happy Holidays....February is coming soon!

Hi Dawn,

I was just wondering if you were still willing to send my girls postcards from Disney. I'm breaking the news to them tomorrow morning so it'll just add to their excitement if they get a postcard sometime before we cruise.
::MinnieMo

Jenn,
I'd be happy to send your girls a postcard. Email me with the specifics and I will get it in the mail after the 1st.

Happy Holidays to Everyone! If there is time, remember the parade at WDW will be broadcast tomorrow morning.

With Affection,
Dawn

In only 6 short weeks we'll be on the Magic! My girls know about the cruise now and although they didn't act super excited when they found out, they've been asking TONS of questions since then.

It's been unseasonably warm here the last couple of days here but believe me, I'm not complaining! I can't wait to be in the nice warm weather on the cruise.

Happy Six Weeks To Go!
In just a few days we can say we're going next month.
Has anyone recieved their documents yet? I'm hoping for a little upgrade, if possible.
Jenn,
I have a small package that I am planning to get into the mail for your girls later this week.
Have a wonderful last weekend in 2003.

Dawn

Bumping this up to the top of the list so I can find it.....just a hair over a month till we leave (doing parks before cruise....)

Any thoughts on a meet Friday evening or once onboard Saturday? In the past we have met in between the drill and the sailaway party or at the sailaway party.
Shall we wear the traditional lime green ribbons?
It's getting closer....
Dawn

Hi to everyone, just found time to post that we too are going on the February 7 cruise. This is our fifth Disney cruise and the second time for the Eastern. I am without kids this time-just me and hubby. We just did the Western last month with my son and new daughter in law. I would like to join the list for high tea and if a brunch at Palo is planned count both of us in. The brunch is delightful. I've not done the tea. I am hoping to get a dinner reservation as well. I am looking forward to a break from cold Minnesota.
Janene

Originally posted by jjb52
I am looking forward to a break from cold Minnesota.
Janene

Hi Janene! So where in MN are you located? I'm in Minneapolis right near the airport.

Originally posted by disneygal58
Any thoughts on a meet Friday evening or once onboard Saturday
Dawn

Dawn, our flight won't be getting in until around 11pm on Firday night so I'm guessing we'd have to opt for getting together on Sat. So tell me more about the lime green ribbons. Please tell me I don't have to make a large lime green bow to wear on my head. LOL

Welcome Janene. It was a lovely 75 degrees here today - we were surrounded by those seeking respite from the cold north at the beach today.
Jenn,
Traditionally Dis Board members wear any type of lime green ribbon to help each other identify one another at the Parks or on the ship. People have also been creative with the Disney Paint chip samples at Lowes. I opt for a discreet (as discreet as lime green can be) ribbon tied to my lanyard. But, feel free to wear the large bow in your hair!

Dawn

Jen-
I am fifty miles north of Minneapolis-between Cambridge and Princeton. I work at the Disney Store in Ridgedale part-time in case you are ever in shop.
Janene

The price of our cruise date just went up again...aren't you glad you booked when you did? Categories 4 - 12 are still available. Looks like some people who got cruises for Christmas like our date!

I got my shore excursion pack this afternoon....didn't spend much time with it, but looks like nothing new or different.....fun, fun, fun.
Now for making some real decisions...

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Now it's official - we are cruising next month. I hope everyone's celebration was joyful and safe.
We recieved the excursions info a few weeks ago. i think we are simply going to wing it - taxi to Meagan's Bay, walk around the islands. The Magic is the big draw for us.

Dawn

I totally agree that the Magic is the point of the vacation!

And...ONE MONTH from now, I will be in my vehicle driving to WDW. Well, it's not the drive that I'm looking forward to, but it is still only a month away!

Just wanted to check in with my fellow February 7 cruisers.

I have read that some of you have received your documents/tickets and/or the navigator. I booked through a TA and we are going down a week prior which we booked directly via Disney. Could this create a problem - ie what if we don't get the documents until the week prior to the cruise and we are already down in Florida. Has this ever happened to anyone?

The TA got the booking via World of Vacations - They buy a block of cabins and resell - although I think we received a good price I am a bit worried about this time business and getting the documents.

We also changed our reservations from CBR to POR as I was able to get the $85.00 rate per night - unfortunatley CBR was sold out at that rate. Any ideas on what kind of requests I should make for the four of us ? DH, myself, 5 1/2 and 21 months old (both girls) - anything you would not suggest at that resort - I've never stayed at any moderates.

Stayed at All Stars last January with just my oldest daughter and thought it was a bit on the small size for the 4 of us. Anyhow, we are very excited about WDW but especially the Cruise. This is the first cruise for any of us and my DH has never been to Florida at all.

Does US air still have a check in counter at the port for luggage or has this changed since the Alert has been raised to Orange. One last question - how long does it take for check in at the airport as a domestic flight. We are driving to Buffalo from the Toronto area and don't have a really good idea if we also need to be at the airport as least 2 hours ahead of time. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Denise
(Tink&Cinderella)princess: princess: ::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

I just posted on the regular board about this--sorry I didn't look here first.

I'm Karen--travelling with friends Maryann, John & Dorothy. This will be my first cruise without my husband. He has graciously agreed to stay home and tend to the homefront. We've been fortunate to have enjoyed both the eastern and western cruises. Maryann has been on the Wonder before, but this is her first Magic cruise. John & Dorothy are first-time cruisers, but they are huge Disney fans--many trips to WDW.

Looking forward to meeting all of you.

Welcome Aboard Denise and Karen - looking forward to meeting you ...

Is anyone else interested in a group High Tea and/or Palo Brunch? I would be happy to make reservations - I just need your last name and stateroom # (you can pm me if you like).

We received our docs last week... How about everyone else?

I hope everyone had a great New Year... we were away between Christmas and New Year's and am just now getting caught up on the DIS...

HADD!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter