***** February 2022 Thread *****

If you're having trouble getting an ILL for something don't give up right at 7am. Yesterday we went to HS and the ILL's were all gone for ROTR almost right away. I kept refreshing and at 7:15am there was another drop and I was able to easily get a reservation. This morning, there was obviously some kind of glitch w/booking Remy b/c times were showing up for a long time, but it wasn't allowing the transaction to go through. Tried for half an hour, gave up and went back to bed, checked again around 8 something, most of the times were still showing, and it then let me reserve it. Moral of the story - don't give up! Lol

This happened to me both yesterday and today too! Luckily was still able to get all the ILLs I wanted after 8:00 - even Rise for 9:45am. Today I talked to one of the blue umbrella Guest Experience people about it, and he said it has been a widespread problem the last two days and that they are working on it.

Sounds like you are having a fun trip! Hope the rest of it is just as great!

So far, our trip has been amazing! We spent 3 nights at Kidani and switched to Jambo House yesterday. Didn't get in until late, so I saw the view this morning, and it's right over a watering hole!

If you're having trouble getting an ILL for something don't give up right at 7am. Yesterday we went to HS and the ILL's were all gone for ROTR almost right away. I kept refreshing and at 7:15am there was another drop and I was able to easily get a reservation. This morning, there was obviously some kind of glitch w/booking Remy b/c times were showing up for a long time, but it wasn't allowing the transaction to go through. Tried for half an hour, gave up and went back to bed, checked again around 8 something, most of the times were still showing, and it then let me reserve it. Moral of the story - don't give up! Lol

Weather was chilly the 1st couple days, but was absolutely perfect yesterday! Today will be even warmer with a high around 80. We did the evening at Epcot on our 1st day to try some festival booths but today will be our whole day in that park.

I have found that Genie+ works well for us since we're not morning people. I had around 4-5 passes stacked for the afternoon at HS yesterday before we even got into the park. Today I have Remy, Frozen, and TT booked so far, and will book another at 11, before we're in the park. Plan is to knock out the rides in Future World and then chill in World Showcase with the Festival stuff so I booked Remy for the evening.

We’ve been doing the same for the same reason. Our only glitch on this trip has nothing to do with Genie+. We transferred to GDT from POFQ today, and our luggage still hasn’t been transferred. While I’ve been told it’s now on its way, we have a 7:30 ADR. So if you’re at Toledo tonight, I’ll be the one in the “Baby Yoda” pajamas.

Just dropping back in to say we are now back home. Luckily the new weather issue in the northeast didn’t affect our flight home. Had some big issues with dining reservation changes, tusker house, and some lightening lane glitches but overall it was a great father/son trip. Disney depression hit hard waiting for the mears connect book. Actually started tearing and choking up a bit when i was asking DS about the trip. I wish we had more time and that my anxiety let us do a bit more but im sure he had a great time regardless.

thanks everyone for the discussions. we are going agsin in may (parents only) and in august with all 4 of us (DD’s first trip) so if you are in either of those threads, see you there. hope everyones trips are great. Cheers!

Just left work so I am officially on Disney Vacation time!!! Almost had a slight hiccup with my cat’s boarding this week, but luckily crisis averted and I’m off to pack and prepare to leave tomorrow morning!! Will report here and the CL/BC threads 🥳 I can’t believe tomorrow is the day!

Just left work so I am officially on Disney Vacation time!!! Almost had a slight hiccup with my cat’s boarding this week, but luckily crisis averted and I’m off to pack and prepare to leave tomorrow morning!! Will report here and the CL/BC threads 🥳 I can’t believe tomorrow is the day!
We are all packed and ready to leave in the morning, too. :) And we've been getting a whole lot of messages from Disney about our upcoming trip, too.

We are halfway home from the airport. Had a great trip but realized we can’t handle commando style touring like we used to do. Lol. Both of our bodies let us know that a couple days in. I’ll post some more details and info later but I’m looking forward to hearing about all of you guy’s trips.
On a side note, who was on This thread that was a niece taking her aunt to Disney for her aunts first trip? Have you gone yet and if so did you guys make the big screen in monsters laugh floor? Hubby and I were there and an aunt and niece was on the big screen. I was just wondering if it was my fellow diser.

Everest is my favorite coaster in Disney and it being closed while we are there is one of the reasons we chose to skip AK this trip (even though means I miss FOP which is my favorite ride).
This is the one park my daughter and I have a ticket to. She is 9 and has been wanting to ride this coaster for years and of course it is closed for repair. She still wants to go to AK though.

We are halfway home from the airport. Had a great trip but realized we can’t handle commando style touring like we used to do. Lol. Both of our bodies let us know that a couple days in. I’ll post some more details and info later but I’m looking forward to hearing about all of you guy’s trips.
On a side note, who was on This thread that was a niece taking her aunt to Disney for her aunts first trip? Have you gone yet and if so did you guys make the big screen in monsters laugh floor? Hubby and I were there and an aunt and niece was on the big screen. I was just wondering if it was my fellow diser.

I think you're referring to me! My aunt and I leave Friday morning, so we're still a couple days away from the trip. That's so freaking awesome that you thought of me when you saw them on the screen!! I love it!

I'm getting that nervous excitement in my belly. We're driving from PA --- stopping in Columbia SC for an overnight on Friday, and finishing up the last few hours on Saturday. I'm used to doing the trip with my husband, so it will be different being the only person in my party who has been there before and kinda knows the ropes. But it sure will be exciting to see my aunt's reactions to everything for the first time!

We just landed back in Detroit. Tired but very full of magic and wonderful memories. I’ll write up a trip report with some of my favorite photos if anyone would be interested. All other February people… be prepared for crowds, and have an amazing time.

We just landed back in Detroit. Tired but very full of magic and wonderful memories. I’ll write up a trip report with some of my favorite photos if anyone would be interested. All other February people… be prepared for crowds, and have an amazing time.
You left at the right time. Today was cold and rainy. ::yes::

You left at the right time. Today was cold and rainy. ::yes::
We spent this morning in Magic Kingdom so got to enjoy the rain. We came off Big Thunder just as it started to drizzle. Then did Pirates, Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents and the Carousel of Progress before we needed to leave for our airport pickup. Thankfully there are a lot of indoor options - and good ponchos help too.

My friend leaves tonight for her Feb trip. She didn't plan a thing! I booked everything for her, chose her park days and reserved her dining. She has no clue and gave up doing her own research. I"m SO worried she's going to be like......why are there so many people, we can't get on any rides..........I warned her! I could never do a go with the flow trip with kids......

Anyway - I told her if by the second park day she changes her mind about purchasing Genie+, I could be booking stuff for her from home as long as she gives me access to her app. This is true, right?

I think I"m more excited/worried for her trip than my own!

I think you're referring to me! My aunt and I leave Friday morning, so we're still a couple days away from the trip. That's so freaking awesome that you thought of me when you saw them on the screen!! I love it!

I'm getting that nervous excitement in my belly. We're driving from PA --- stopping in Columbia SC for an overnight on Friday, and finishing up the last few hours on Saturday. I'm used to doing the trip with my husband, so it will be different being the only person in my party who has been there before and kinda knows the ropes. But it sure will be exciting to see my aunt's reactions to everything for the first time!

Aw man. While we were in Monster's Inc one of the people on the screen was an aunt who was there with her Niece (who was paying for the trip) and they had such a great spill going on with the aunt and niece and I was hoping it was y'all. It would have been cool.

We spent this morning in Magic Kingdom so got to enjoy the rain. We came off Big Thunder just as it started to drizzle. Then did Pirates, Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents and the Carousel of Progress before we needed to leave for our airport pickup. Thankfully there are a lot of indoor options - and good ponchos help too.
We went to the Tiki Room around 12:30 on the same day you were there. It seemed like a good choice on a rainy day. :)

Anyway - I told her if by the second park day she changes her mind about purchasing Genie+, I could be booking stuff for her from home as long as she gives me access to her app. This is true, right?

Yep. Our friend/TA/ear maker Ashley booked an ILL for us using my wife’s app on a day that we were park hopping and I wanted to make sure we had Rise, Smugglers Run and Flight of Passage all scheduled as early as possible. So I was on my account getting the HS ones and she was on Terry’s account buying the other ILL for AK. Just check the evening before that your login for her account is active and that she won’t be booking from it at the same time…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter