• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***** February 2022 Thread *****

I’m counting the hours in my travel app to check in time…
OMG I just keep thinking about what I'll be doing tomorrow at this time. I could scream!!! I am watching videos now and watched the Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow commercial and cried lol I've been getting the texts about my resort and reservations etc and I'm losing it. Can't believe it's here.

Tomorrow is Disney day for me! It's funny seeing my ticker say 1 day.

I ran errands this morning. Went to the bank and got some cash for some tips and for Tony Hinds. Also got our debit cards set to not get flagged if we use them but we are hoping not to have to. I also had to get some groceries so my college age son would have food to eat while we are gone, filled the car up with gas and went through the car wash. Everything is packed with the exception of chargers and hubby's C-PAP machine and I'll pack those up tomorrow when I get up. Oh, one thing I still need to do is send our flight info to our other two adult kids (who are married) and resort info just in case there is an emergency and they need to get in contact with us and can't get us on our cells. I need to wrote it down for our son who still lives as home as well.

I imagine tomorrow will go by slowly while I wait on hubby to work half a day before we head to the airport. I hope to be on the road by 1:30 and that would put us at the airport around 3:30. We've never flown out in the evening so I have no clue how busy this airport gets in the evenings so I want to give us plenty of time. Plus we will have to park and possibly shuttle to the airport drop off spot and I have no clue how long that takes either. It will all depend on timing because it says shuttles come every ten minutes so it will all depend on how long it had been since one had came before we get there and which parking lot we have to park at.

Yep.. I wish it were today already. I am so ready for this trip. What about you?
I'm so ready lol. Packing is just about done. Just the last second stuff to put in. I'm sitting her watching videos on the resorts and just getting myself even more excited. Also just trying to enjoy this feeling of knowing it's the day before, you know what I mean? Still can't decide when to surprise my daughter and tell her where we are staying. She has no idea lol Oh and I have checked the weather and I swear it changes every 5 minutes lol so I just packed for everything.

Last edited:
Figment and maaaaybe sadness from inside out?
Yep yep yep!!! It’ll be a really subtle bound - a white short sleeve sweater (it’ll be hot!) and blue jeans. But hopefully the ears will help tip it in the right direction. Plus my wife will be in a yellow shirt and blue hat… and we are hoping to get some selfies with Joy in Epcot that morning before heading to the airport.

I'm so ready lol. Packing is just about done. Just the last second stuff to put in. I'm sitting her watching videos on the resorts and just getting myself even more excited. Also just trying to enjoy this feeling of knowing it's the day before, you know what I mean? Still can't decide when to surprise my daughter and tell her where we are staying. She has no idea lol Oh and I have checked the weather and I swear it changes every 5 minutes lol so I just packed for everything.

EEK! It's Disney Day!!!!!!!! :cheer2:
UGH! the weather forecast it driving me nuts. I read it off to hubby again last night and he said "wow that changed fast!" LOL

I have the car packed, have our boarding passes in both of our apple wallets as well as printed copies in our backpacks (you know, because sometimes technology glitches), gas tank is full and ready for us to go as soon as hubby gets home and gets ready. I'm ready to get this Disney party started!

Just drove out to pick up my new ears that my friend Ashley made for two of my Disney bounds this trip. I can’t wait to wear them. Anyone want to guess the characters?

View attachment 643473

View attachment 643474

Oh wow! She did a fabulous job! They are two of my favorites. I'm so bummed the figment popcorn buckets are sold out. I really wanted one. I think only one pair of my ears are a pair I made. The rest are bought. My daughter and I made so many pairs for our girls trip last March but we only kept a few pairs. The rest my sisters and nieces kept and we gave some to a little girl we knew who was going to Disney after us.

😢EEps! The massive snow storm that was meant to be hitting Detroit tomorrow afternoon/evening is now moving up on the radar and may impact our 7am flight! The only remaining flight to Orlando tonight is already sold out, so that's not an option. I'm really really hoping that the snow isn't too heavy in the morning, and we can make it to the sunshine ....

😢EEps! The massive snow storm that was meant to be hitting Detroit tomorrow afternoon/evening is now moving up on the radar and may impact our 7am flight! The only remaining flight to Orlando tonight is already sold out, so that's not an option. I'm really really hoping that the snow isn't too heavy in the morning, and we can make it to the sunshine ....
Oh no! I have been following your plans and excitement - I hope with you that you can get down here!

So… we may just be ok. The temperature is still warm enough for rain/sleet until 7am, and our departure is showing as being on time. We are at the boarding gate and all seems well. There are at least two separate pompom squads on the flight as well. And lots of cute kids in sparkly Mickey ears.

I’m definitely sleepy - we stayed at the airport hotel last night but still having to be awake at 5am to check in… not my cup of tea. Or coffee. Which I haven’t had yet because the airport Starbucks doesn’t open until 7. Hopefully I can nap on the flight. We land and then are heading off to Universal to start our adventures in the Wizarding World.

So far, our trip has been amazing! We spent 3 nights at Kidani and switched to Jambo House yesterday. Didn't get in until late, so I saw the view this morning, and it's right over a watering hole!

If you're having trouble getting an ILL for something don't give up right at 7am. Yesterday we went to HS and the ILL's were all gone for ROTR almost right away. I kept refreshing and at 7:15am there was another drop and I was able to easily get a reservation. This morning, there was obviously some kind of glitch w/booking Remy b/c times were showing up for a long time, but it wasn't allowing the transaction to go through. Tried for half an hour, gave up and went back to bed, checked again around 8 something, most of the times were still showing, and it then let me reserve it. Moral of the story - don't give up! Lol

Weather was chilly the 1st couple days, but was absolutely perfect yesterday! Today will be even warmer with a high around 80. We did the evening at Epcot on our 1st day to try some festival booths but today will be our whole day in that park.

I have found that Genie+ works well for us since we're not morning people. I had around 4-5 passes stacked for the afternoon at HS yesterday before we even got into the park. Today I have Remy, Frozen, and TT booked so far, and will book another at 11, before we're in the park. Plan is to knock out the rides in Future World and then chill in World Showcase with the Festival stuff so I booked Remy for the evening.

So far, we've hit every park at least once, so today is our 2nd day at Epcot, tomorrow will be our 2nd day at AK, and Fri will be day 2 at MK. We also might do some more hopping, we're playing it by ear!

If anyone has any questions let me know! I'll try to get back on here later today.

So far, our trip has been amazing! We spent 3 nights at Kidani and switched to Jambo House yesterday. Didn't get in until late, so I saw the view this morning, and it's right over a watering hole!

If you're having trouble getting an ILL for something don't give up right at 7am. Yesterday we went to HS and the ILL's were all gone for ROTR almost right away. I kept refreshing and at 7:15am there was another drop and I was able to easily get a reservation. This morning, there was obviously some kind of glitch w/booking Remy b/c times were showing up for a long time, but it wasn't allowing the transaction to go through. Tried for half an hour, gave up and went back to bed, checked again around 8 something, most of the times were still showing, and it then let me reserve it. Moral of the story - don't give up! Lol

Weather was chilly the 1st couple days, but was absolutely perfect yesterday! Today will be even warmer with a high around 80. We did the evening at Epcot on our 1st day to try some festival booths but today will be our whole day in that park.

I have found that Genie+ works well for us since we're not morning people. I had around 4-5 passes stacked for the afternoon at HS yesterday before we even got into the park. Today I have Remy, Frozen, and TT booked so far, and will book another at 11, before we're in the park. Plan is to knock out the rides in Future World and then chill in World Showcase with the Festival stuff so I booked Remy for the evening.

So far, we've hit every park at least once, so today is our 2nd day at Epcot, tomorrow will be our 2nd day at AK, and Fri will be day 2 at MK. We also might do some more hopping, we're playing it by ear!

If anyone has any questions let me know! I'll try to get back on here later today.
Sounds like so much fun! How are the crowds, especially at HS and MK? Manageable?

.This morning, there was obviously some kind of glitch w/booking Remy b/c times were showing up for a long time, but it wasn't allowing the transaction to go through. Tried for half an hour, gave up and went back to bed, checked again around 8 something, most of the times were still showing, and it then let me reserve it. Moral of the story - don't give up! Lo
Plan is to knock out the rides in Future World and then chill in World Showcase with the Festival stuff so I booked Remy for the evening.
Sounds like your trip is going great! I was trying to book Remy from the air during our 7am flight and was wondering what I was doing wrong. We got it for 8pm in the end which will be perfect, as we are currently at Universal, soaking in all things Potter.

We are doing our first vacation anywhere, without kids or guests, since 2015. We will be at the Dolphin Feb. 20-25th, 2022, we really wanted to use our DVC but with the 50% borrowing limit it just is not possible. My daughter's Fiancé asked to borrow points last September to do a surprise proposal in front of the castle, so I can't be too upset about that:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter