February 2016 Pre-trip and Trip Reports

We left and made our stop at St Mary's on Saturday. Sunday we travelled to Ft Chiswell, and today we made the journey home. Backed the trailer on the pad and unloaded some of it. We will winterize tomorrow. So our Disney trip has come to a close. Now to start looking at our next trip. We were going to do next year, now we may hold off until 2018 when some of the construction is done.

Next up for us is 165 days away, 6 days in the parks with the kids. Looking forward to that trip as much as this last one. The planning for the Adult trip is already started as well, and already discussing kid trip to the beach or something for a week next summer.

Our next trip is also 165 Days away (as of today) so it sounds like we will be there around the same time. Should be checking in on August 14 and checking out on August 20. This was a "Surprise" trip for us. The DW and I were discussion what to do on our Anniversary (8/16) and we both liked the Idea of Disney. (Even though we are going again in November).

This will probably also be the first time for us to get an AP. We figured this trip in August, our Trip in November will make it worth it but throw in another trip in April (Hopefully) to celebrate her birthday and it would definitely be worthwhile for us.

We did the AP as well as tables in wonderland. We saved a lot on tables during the adult trip, specially thanks to many bars taking it.

I know we will be packed with that trip as its for the kids and there is so much they want to do we will have to keep moving in order to hit it all. But that is likely when I will carry the big camera and get lots of pictures as we move around.

Post trip report - 12 days have passed since we returned. Work is back full force as expected, and getting ready for spring and the start of the racing season. Of course I came home to find out the Clothes washer was not repaired correctly. So since I been back I have been working with my home warranty company to get that taken care of. They sent another contractor to look over the firsts work to find out they mis diagnosed the issues. After a few days search of parts the warranty company is now replacing the unit with a comparable new one. It gets delivered today!!!! I can say for certain that you never know the value of an appliance until you have to drive 15 miles two towns over and spend 2-4 hours in a laundry mat to get your laundry done. Of course that means there is a large pile of laundry that has not gotten done yet, and I hope they show up sooner then later today.

This weekend is the official start of the season at the track, I will not be there for it as its just HPDE (High Performance Drivers Education), basically car control and driving techniques for those that want to improve their driving skill. Not to forget the rush of going well over the speed limit legally!!! Next weekend is Drivers School, this is where those that want to race wheel to wheel come to get their permits approved for provisional competition licenses. That means that between today and next Friday I need to finish cleaning the RV and get it inspected, service the tow trucks, check all my gear on my personal truck (light recoveries we dont use the tow trucks) and get all the equipment to the track. It will be a busy time for me and John as this is our gig.

I spoke with Prime Time about the spare issue, they said they would correct it ASAP and send me a proper 8 lug spare!!!! Being 6 months out of warranty that is a big bonus with me an this manufacturer. We have already started the planning for the August trip, everyone has been asked to pick a place for dinner. I think I am going with the SciFi cafe for lunch or dinner as my first pick and actually eating at Prime Time as my second. We know the Prime Time Lounge well, but never sat down for dinner there.

I hope to get the full album of pictures up soon from the last trip. And we think we have set the date for the next trip. Looking at January 28th through February 11th next year, which means I can use the AP one more time before it expires!!! I may not be regular AP member, but that works for me!!

This weekend is the official start of the season at the track
VIR opened this weekend? That's pretty gutsy, but if it's just HPDE... Learning how to drive in the snow isn't much different than the rain really. I know the Great Lakes region guys have talked about having to plow MidOhio for qualifying.

Gateway doesn't usually open until the end of March or early April. NASA Central Region will be there April 9/10. We tried to race there a few years ago the middle weekend of March (like now). Saturday was great. 50's, decent grip. Saturday night it snowed 18 inches. They came around the paddock on Saturday after the last race group and said we had 2 hours to get out. Otherwise we would be staying until it melted.

j

VIR had an event, NASA was there with RR, HPDE and TT. But less likely chance of snow on the VA/NC state line when average overnight temps are above freezing at this point. But Summit Point also had its first big event, which can be a roll of the dice as well. There is always the chance for snow out that way, but usually not enough to stick. Last year during SCCA Drivers School we had sleet and Snow all day Saturday with temps at 33-34F. Sunday we where 55 and Sunny.

woohoo!!!!! We decided on our Adult trip time for 2017. Next year going 1/28-2/11/2017! Our annual passes will still be active as well as our tables cards. We are considering renewing, but its a steep price if we dont get at least two good trips in on the AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter