February 2016 Discount Code Watch

Just an Update on this...Last year I started a thread where we determined how the discount worked http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-calculation.3339097/

Until this goes live on the website I can't dissect it BUT I can tell you it definitely isnt' as good as the SPD last year. At a VERY ROUGH Glance It looks like maybe 50% off on dining with no other discount OR 5% off Room and 40% off dining.

Regardless...The discount from what I can see is definitely worse than last year and for those on the fence of a room only OR SPD discount in past years the better deal this year may be room only however YMMV depending on how you choose to dine.

I'm on the phone getting a quote and she definitely asked me for my card number right away. I had to scramble and say I just wanted a quote adn wasn't ready to book. Discount seems...like not much of a discount.

how were people notified? i have disney visa arriving in mail probably today. did you receive emails? i thought maybe it would be in the limited time offer on the chase disney website but didn't see it mentioned.

how were people notified? i have disney visa arriving in mail probably today. did you receive emails? i thought maybe it would be in the limited time offer on the chase disney website but didn't see it mentioned.

I found out because someone's travel agent notified them. I've never been notified by Chase/Visa of the discounts. That's why I keep an eye on these boards :)

I had Pop booked, last week of February, 4 day base, no dining - room discount would have saved me $103.xx ... I upped to the SP&D package and ended up with the same amount of savings, about $100 off the regular package price - aka, not much. It's better than nothing though.

Do you have to make a payment with that card or just give the number?
They usually want you to make a payment with the card if you are booking a new reservation. If you are just applying the discount to an existing reservation they might not ask for additional payment. It seems to depend on the CM that is handling your call.

They usually want you to make a payment with the card if you are booking a new reservation. If you are just applying the discount to an existing reservation they might not ask for additional payment. It seems to depend on the CM that is handling your call.
I have already made the $200 deposit

Just got off the phone, they applied the SP&D to my original MYW package at Pop (preferred) with 5 day tickets & the regular dining plan and we saved $302.

Just got an e-mail from my TA...looks like we are upgrading from Poly Standard to Poly Club Level Garden View for $20/night.

I had Pop booked, last week of February, 4 day base, no dining - room discount would have saved me $103.xx ... I upped to the SP&D package and ended up with the same amount of savings, about $100 off the regular package price - aka, not much. It's better than nothing though.
That's about what I saved too - $109.88. We're staying 1st week of Feb at Pop. I'm very disappointed. I'm working with my agent now to see what the moderate discounts look like. I'll upgrade if I can save more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter