FD packages for a couple

:eek: We got our Disney video and DH said, we're going to a place just for kids! :( Ugh!

Give me reasons why this isn't just for kids. Neither of us have been to Disney before so I can't really say much.

OMG! Disney has so much to offer families, couples or even single folks of all ages. Of course there is a lot that seems "kiddie" but even adults can release their inner child at these attractions. I am 35 and I LOVE to ride Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, Big Thunder Mtn, Everest and many of the rides that a lot of kids consider scary. It is wonderful that my kids are not afraid but I have seen so many people with babies and toddlers just standing around waiting on their spouses & older children to get off the fun rides. Looks like a drag to me. Enjoy the freedom to explore and ride what you want without restrictions. Epcot is geared for older people. They even started "KidCOT" to give kids more to do while parents enjoyed some grown up activities. Animal Kingdom is my DH37's favorite place because it really isn't "kiddie" at all. There are some areas in each park dedicated to little ones but they are easily avoided (unless you want to go there- U might even enjoy that too). Check out the godisney official website and there is a section on the right, I think, that has things for people of different ages groups to enjoy. I find a lot of good info there. Hope you guys have a ball and remember that a lot of people would really love to go kidless at least once!

Ugh!! I keep second guessing myself!! Should I go with Mods? It's just a room I'll barely be in. Value is ok. Should I upgrade from QS? I think it will be enough food. But what if it's not! :confused:

WDW is a huge honeymoon/wedding destination, so don't feel it's just for kids!

If you want a more adult and deluxe feel AT your resort, check out the Coronado Springs Resort thread. It's pretty amazing. Recently stayed at POP & did feel it's geared more to families than couples or adults IMO.

There are guidebook just for adults, there is a Birnbaum and an Unofficial one too:
Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Without Kids 2009 and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World Without Kids (Unofficial Guides) (Paperback)

WDW is a huge honeymoon/wedding destination, so don't feel it's just for kids!

If you want a more adult and deluxe feel AT your resort, check out the Coronado Springs Resort thread. It's pretty amazing. Recently stayed at POP & did feel it's geared more to families than couples or adults IMO.

There are guidebook just for adults, there is a Birnbaum and an Unofficial one too:
Birnbaum's Walt Disney World Without Kids 2009 and The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World Without Kids (Unofficial Guides) (Paperback)

I would love to stay there! If I could get a mod, that's where it would be! I keep looking at it but it's more than I'd like to spend. :( Thanks for the book rec. I'll have to look for that one!

I spoke to a CM today and they said that there are no rooms available with FD at POP the week I'm looking at!! :(

What week are you looking to go? Have you thought about a different value?

Nov. 29th - Dec. 5th
The CM said she thinks I'll be there right in the middle of PW! Is this true?

I asked about mod and she priced it out for me. It would be $1167.90 for Coronado Springs. That's a $449.88 difference. I really didn't want to spend that much on a room and food. :( This is so frustrating.

Nov. 29th - Dec. 5th
The CM said she thinks I'll be there right in the middle of PW! Is this true?

I asked about mod and she priced it out for me. It would be $1167.90 for Coronado Springs. That's a $449.88 difference. I really didn't want to spend that much on a room and food. :( This is so frustrating.

Pop warner is the week after you are looking at going. Not sure what the CM was thinking, I just got Pop to come up on the Travel Agents' site for $718.02... would you mind sending me a PM and I can talk to you more about this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter