favourite off-site hotel?

Canadave

DIS Veteran
We might be arriving at WDW a day early (were staying at Pop Century * see below:D ) and we're looking for a hotel near the World that would be relatively economical and maybe have something to offer for the kids (ie nice pool) for the afternoon/evening. Anybody got any suggestions or favourites?
We may book ahead or try to book when we arrive.
Thanks,

We always stay at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista on our night of arrival. It is within walking distance of Crossroads and if you don't mind a little walk you can even walk to DTD (we usually do this in the evening to unwind from the long drive). We haven't yet used the pool there so I can't comment on that. The usual 10% discount internet rate is $53.96 but I have got it as low as $45. recently depending on time of year and there is a small resort charge of $2.50 per night. There is a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast and also a buffet breakfast which I think is $5.99. They even have Mickey waffle-makers for the buffet! Since it is right beside the I 4 there is some road noise if your room faces there, though I have not found it all that bad. I usually request a parking lot view when I check-in where you don't hear the I 4 at all. Here are some property details:

Property Details:
COMPLIMENTARY DELUXE continental breakfast served each morning in the Boardwalk Buffet where guests can also upgrade to the full hot American buffet. All rooms have coffee maker, refrigerator, and microwave. KIDS EAT FREE: Up to 2 children, 11 and under, eat free buffet with each paying adult. FREE scheduled shuttle to Magic Kingdom, EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, MGM Studios, Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, and Sea World. Gift shop, game room, 2 pools, Boardwalk Buffet restaurant, Lite Bite mini-mart, children's playground, and coin laundry.
Up to 2 children, 11 and under, eat free with each paying adult. Pet accommodation: 6.00/night. Safe, Microwave, and Refrigerator charge: 2.50/night.
AAA Rating: 2 diamonds

Check in time:3:00 PM
Check out time:11:00 AM

There is a security gate, so be sure to have your confirmation in hand.

I have found the CILBV to be a decent hotel, nothing fancy. There is also a small pub next to the lobby entrance. The only complaint I have had is that upon arriving over an hour early once, they did allow me to "check-in" but I couldn't get a room key until 3pm when housekeeping released the rooms. The front desk person kept checking but "sorry no rooms available yet", then magically at 3pm they were ALL ready!! There was no "secure" area (just a closet) to leave my bag so I waited in the lobby since I was on my own and didn't have a car. Fortunately, even though a good line had formed, they gave out keys to those of us that had been waiting and already checked in. One couple had been waiting since noon! I have noticed that they usually have the big digital sign facing the I 4 advertising "rooms available" too.

Dave
In 2002, we stayed at the "Rodeway Inn", the one on I92 Bronson Rd (HWY).5 mins from WDW. It was very cheap....$25.00 p/n, it was an older motel that had been refurbed.. nothing great but it was clean, no smells ( hate moldly places) and they have a pool. We arrived at 2:00am, the day before going to AllStars, so it was fine for sleeping one night.
You could also try priceline, just request a 3 star or up.

We like the HIFS to entertain the kids. The pool area is good and the free kareoke, bingo, mini golf, ping pong, face painting and free breakfast in the morning help. The rate I seen for end of Jan. is $99.

Has anyone ever stayed at the Homewood Suites? Just wondering if it's worthwhile. I see it on Hotel Kingdom and wonder if the amenities they advertise are worthwhile. Any one know?

Already planning for August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter