FastPass+ FAQ — SERVICE SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last minute Trip is in 3 weeks and FP for SDMT are gone. Should I keep checking or just resign myself to stand by? Is it like dining reservations where I should check back a few days before or for SDMT when the FP are gone, they are gone? Party of 5 and my girls are adamant to ride if they don't do anything else.

Last minute Trip is in 3 weeks and FP for SDMT are gone. Should I keep checking or just resign myself to stand by? Is it like dining reservations where I should check back a few days before or for SDMT when the FP are gone, they are gone? Party of 5 and my girls are adamant to ride if they don't do anything else.

Keep checking, even day-of. Others change plans constantly. Your chances increase if you are willing to make your party size smaller.

Option would be to be at rope drop or at early main street and do it first thing. There will be a line but it will most likely be the shortest it will be all day. Then you can do your other FP's.

Rope drop it.

Has the FP system been tweaked? I planned a last minute trip in early Nov last year and was unable to get many of the FP's I wanted, in particular, SDMT. Never got the Frozen ride either. This was supposedly low season and we were on site. On Saturday I planned a quick getaway for this coming weekend and when I went to get FPs, I was able to get nearly everything I wanted, and was sorry I was limited to only 3 per park/day to start. Of course, I couldn't get the Frozen ride, but Soarin' was available all day, as was the SDMT, and almost everything in the MK - much to my surprise/shock. Note that we could not get a room where we normally stay and decided to go offsite for the first time in ages.

How is the same day availability, particularly at the MK? We got out FPs for later in the day, but ending around 7:30pm. The last we were there, we couldn't get very much same day, but the park wasn't open that late either.

Needless to say, we are very disappointed with the FP system because it severely impacted the way we have always vacationed at WDW. The main gripe is having to plan where you will be on any day, plus the inability to change the times of FPs, or even the date, if something comes up and you can't make it.

Has the system been altered or is this weekend not expected to be that busy? We gone before for Memorial Day and remember it being very crowded.

Has the FP system been tweaked? I planned a last minute trip in early Nov last year and was unable to get many of the FP's I wanted, in particular, SDMT. Never got the Frozen ride either. This was supposedly low season and we were on site. On Saturday I planned a quick getaway for this coming weekend and when I went to get FPs, I was able to get nearly everything I wanted, and was sorry I was limited to only 3 per park/day to start. Of course, I couldn't get the Frozen ride, but Soarin' was available all day, as was the SDMT, and almost everything in the MK - much to my surprise/shock. Note that we could not get a room where we normally stay and decided to go offsite for the first time in ages.

How is the same day availability, particularly at the MK? We got out FPs for later in the day, but ending around 7:30pm. The last we were there, we couldn't get very much same day, but the park wasn't open that late either.

Needless to say, we are very disappointed with the FP system because it severely impacted the way we have always vacationed at WDW. The main gripe is having to plan where you will be on any day, plus the inability to change the times of FPs, or even the date, if something comes up and you can't make it.

Has the system been altered or is this weekend not expected to be that busy? We gone before for Memorial Day and remember it being very crowded.
I'm guessing everyone will be in AK, leaving the other parks more open.

Also, I've found MK to have the best day of availability. I normally plan my FPs early in that park to access as many as possible. Even on July 3 last year we were booking up to park close.

Keep checking, even day-of. Others change plans constantly. Your chances increase if you are willing to make your party size smaller.
Thank you! I split them and I was able to snag 3 and 2 within 20 minutes of each other. They are really late, but at least we have them. We also are going on After 5 convention tickets, so rope drop isn't an option for us. But we have SDMT, BTMRR and Splash Mountain!

Ok I did read the original thread in the section of my question: Booking Window and didn't find my answer. I have a room only (campsite) reservation for 7/31 with linked tickets purchased separately. My campsite is paid for, the tickets are valid and linked according to MDE. When I go into make FP+ reservations (just to test it out, my date isn't until 6/1) the calendar only lets me advance until 30 days out from today not 60, even though I have a paid for onsite reservation at a campsite at Ft. Wilderness. Is this normal? I haven't done any of this with FP+ and MDE before, our last trip was 2010, so sorry if this is common knowledge.

Thanks,

Kate

Ok I did read the original thread in the section of my question: Booking Window and didn't find my answer. I have a room only (campsite) reservation for 7/31 with linked tickets purchased separately. My campsite is paid for, the tickets are valid and linked according to MDE. When I go into make FP+ reservations (just to test it out, my date isn't until 6/1) the calendar only lets me advance until 30 days out from today not 60, even though I have a paid for onsite reservation at a campsite at Ft. Wilderness. Is this normal? I haven't done any of this with FP+ and MDE before, our last trip was 2010, so sorry if this is common knowledge.

Thanks,

Kate
From the Booking Section:
For onsite guests with a room-only reservation, the 60-day prebooking window will not appear until the 60-day mark, assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. Before this point only a 30-day window (from the current day) will be active, again assuming valid tickets are attached to the account. It is possible to practice booking FPs using this 30-day window.

You just need to wait as mesaboy2 has explained above. :)

Darn it. I thought I read carefully! My apologies. Thanks for the help. I am just trying to be extra diligent and dot all my i's and cross all my t's since this is a whole new system for me this go around.
No problem. Go ahead and practice booking FPs now. :)

After you finish, go back to each FP in your MDE and Cancel. You can even practice Modifying and also try the "Change Party" function. Good luck on your actual booking day!

I'm guessing everyone will be in AK, leaving the other parks more open.

Also, I've found MK to have the best day of availability. I normally plan my FPs early in that park to access as many as possible. Even on July 3 last year we were booking up to park close.
I suspected that as well. When all the mountains are available a week in advance, it leaves you wondering. I assumed since it was opening day for Avatar, everyone will be there. I'm hoping I can get our other favorite rides as either standby or with a FP. When it's this hot, we generally do not go to the parks until later in the day. Or if we're staying longer than 2 days, we may go in the morning, have lunch, and leave until after dinner. This is one of the reasons I said the new system has severely affected our enjoyment of WDW, and why we have cut back from 4-5 trips per year to now less than 1. This trip wasn't planned and is a surprise gift for my husband.

I suspected that as well. When all the mountains are available a week in advance, it leaves you wondering. I assumed since it was opening day for Avatar, everyone will be there. I'm hoping I can get our other favorite rides as either standby or with a FP. When it's this hot, we generally do not go to the parks until later in the day. Or if we're staying longer than 2 days, we may go in the morning, have lunch, and leave until after dinner. This is one of the reasons I said the new system has severely affected our enjoyment of WDW, and why we have cut back from 4-5 trips per year to now less than 1. This trip wasn't planned and is a surprise gift for my husband.
Interesting. I'd have thought this new system would benefit those that tour like you do - arriving late in the day - as you don't have to worry about FPs being gone when you arrive at the park and can rather schedule them for later times well in advance.

Question FP friends: If one receives an "anytime" FP (for instance if FoP, FEA goes down during your FP window) can it be used during EMHs?

Interesting. I'd have thought this new system would benefit those that tour like you do - arriving late in the day - as you don't have to worry about FPs being gone when you arrive at the park and can rather schedule them for later times well in advance.
No, it actually limits the number of rides we can get on because of the 1 hour wait between FP times. Once we make it through the first 3 often there are none left to get more. So while we have 3 FPs for our MK day, we still may miss out on some of our favorites.

We are heading back to WDW after a 8-9 year absence. When we last visited the Fastpass system was still in paper ticket operation. During one occasion, right before we needed to leave the MK, our ride broke down while we were in line--- I think it was Buzz Lightyear. As we were all exiting the queue, a cast member gave us a Fastpass to use on any ride at any time and she said they never expired. That was our last day so they came home with us. Now that we are headed back I want to know how to use them and if anyone else has done this since they have gone paperless.

I have two room only reservations linked to our tickets in MDE. We are 67 days out. I tried today to practice with the fp booking, but it won't let me do even the 30 days from today. I have selected everyone in our party, and then it comes up Please address the issues that apply to these guests. It lists every one of us. I don't know what I am doing wrong. We have booked through a TA, but everything is showing. Reservations, tickets, etc... Have I read something wrong? I can wait until the 60 day mark, but now I am worried that I am going to have problems then!

I have two room only reservations linked to our tickets in MDE. We are 67 days out. I tried today to practice with the fp booking, but it won't let me do even the 30 days from today. I have selected everyone in our party, and then it comes up Please address the issues that apply to these guests. It lists every one of us. I don't know what I am doing wrong. We have booked through a TA, but everything is showing. Reservations, tickets, etc... Have I read something wrong? I can wait until the 60 day mark, but now I am worried that I am going to have problems then!
See the post 9 posts up from yours on this page. It has the excerpt from mesaboy2's Booking FP post at the beginning of this thread. :)

Now that we are headed back I want to know how to use them and if anyone else has done this since they have gone paperless.
Show the paper FPs to the CM who is at the FP line entrance... you'll be allowed to enter the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter