FAQ - 2010 DDP, DxDP and QSDP Everything you always wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
???
I just printed out the 2010 plan from Disney's website and noticed that Le cellier is not on there?? We are leaving in 10 days, and have ADR's there. Can anyone confirm?

Likely it was cut off from your printout. Le Cellier is a Disney-owned restaurant and always participates in the dining plan.

Last year the tip was included if you were on the DDP at Pepper Market does anyone know if this is still the case this year?

Thanks.
Le Cellier is, as TDC Nala and others posted, included in the '10 DP. It is on the DP PDF dated 12/30/09 and is listed between Nine Dragons and Coral Reef.

So enjoy your cheddar cheese soup and steaks!

What is the Premium Dining Plan an the Platinum Plan? What do they include? :confused3

They are more "all inclusive" plans that include dining, tours, games, etc. If you click on the links in the first post you'll be taken to the brochures, which give a good description of what you get for the money.

Can someone please answer this question for me? I'm trying to plan our budget for our upcoming trip, and we plan to purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan. It's been a few years since we did the dining plan, and I can't remember what's included. I read the first post that the garden salad can be ordered as an appetizer - thanks, Tricia, for that information. What about the brothy soup that has mushrooms and green onions? Would that be a second appetizer, or is that included with the entree? Thanks so much!

We are planning to stay for two weeks and switching resorts after 6 nights. Here's how it breaks down.

December 27-January 2 - 18 credits (6 nights x 3 credits per day)
January 2 - January 9 - 21 credits (7 nights x 3 credits per day)

I assume that, since we'll be changing resorts, our credits for the first 6 nights/7 days will expire at 11:59 PM on January 2. This includes snack credits, right?

Simultaneously, on January 2, we'll be given 21 additional credits to use. Am I right so far?

Lastly, I'm trying to make sure we use our credits correctly, so I have it laid out that we will be using 19 credits through dinner on the 2nd and then 20 credits through our last meal on the 9th. This will work, right, because on the 2nd we have to use the last of the first reservation's credits and can start using the first credits from the second reservation? Even though we only have 18 credits on the first reservation, we technically have access to up to 6 credits on the 2nd since we have two reservations that day, one ending and one beginning.

Can someone confirm this for me? I want to make sure this is correct so we don't end up having to miss a reservation because we miscalculated. Thanks - I know this is convoluted, but I'm sure someone on here is seasoned enough to decipher this correctly for me! :)

They are more "all inclusive" plans that include dining, tours, games, etc. If you click on the links in the first post you'll be taken to the brochures, which give a good description of what you get for the money.

We booked a split stay package with 1 night "Premium Plan" follows by a 1-night room only then finally 6 nights of "Deluxe Plan" plus another night of room only. It is quite complicated, I know! The Deluxe plan package is something we have done before, so it is relatively easy to use as far as the credits are concerned.
I can't say the same for the "Premium Plan"!!:confused3 I know that we will have show tickets for Cirque du Soleil plus all the tours and water activities include with the plan. With the Premium plan, when do we have to see the show? Can we still use all the recreations inclusion on the day of our "check-out" day" I know that with any other DDPs, any unused food credit will not expired until 11:59PM after you have checked out.
Is is safe to assume that we can still enjoy all the included recreations on the second day???????

Can someone please answer this question for me? I'm trying to plan our budget for our upcoming trip, and we plan to purchase the Deluxe Dining Plan. It's been a few years since we did the dining plan, and I can't remember what's included. I read the first post that the garden salad can be ordered as an appetizer - thanks, Tricia, for that information. What about the brothy soup that has mushrooms and green onions? Would that be a second appetizer, or is that included with the entree? Thanks so much!

Teppan Edo doesn't include any soup or salad with the entree, so either of those would have to be ordered as an appetizer. As far as I've heard you can't order sushi on DDP at all, but everything else should be OK.

We are planning to stay for two weeks and switching resorts after 6 nights. Here's how it breaks down.

December 27-January 2 - 18 credits (6 nights x 3 credits per day)
January 2 - January 9 - 21 credits (7 nights x 3 credits per day)

I assume that, since we'll be changing resorts, our credits for the first 6 nights/7 days will expire at 11:59 PM on January 2. This includes snack credits, right?

Simultaneously, on January 2, we'll be given 21 additional credits to use. Am I right so far?

Lastly, I'm trying to make sure we use our credits correctly, so I have it laid out that we will be using 19 credits through dinner on the 2nd and then 20 credits through our last meal on the 9th. This will work, right, because on the 2nd we have to use the last of the first reservation's credits and can start using the first credits from the second reservation? Even though we only have 18 credits on the first reservation, we technically have access to up to 6 credits on the 2nd since we have two reservations that day, one ending and one beginning.

Can someone confirm this for me? I want to make sure this is correct so we don't end up having to miss a reservation because we miscalculated. Thanks - I know this is convoluted, but I'm sure someone on here is seasoned enough to decipher this correctly for me! :)

I am taking it that you are on the deluxe dining plan for both reservations.

Yes, your credits on the first reservation will expire at midnight on January 3 (not sure about the 11:59 thing, always heard the expiration was at midnight). This includes all credits attached to that reservation including snack credits. When you check in on January 2 you will receive the credits attached to your second stay, they are good until midnight after you check out. If you still have credits left over from the first reservation on January 2, keep the key cards with you and use those until you have finished up the credits. They won't be good on the 3rd though.

Hi, I have used the dinning plan many time over the last few year but have not been keeping an eye on the boards over the last few month.

Has there been any major changes to the DDP or Dlx DP since last year?

Thanks
Melissa

i have a kids meal question. what happens when you go to a cs with no kids menu and your kid is the only one eating. do you have to specify that you only want to use a child cs credit? i also noticed that on the faq golden oak outpost is on the no kids menu list, but it seems to not be on the ddp anymore. and from what i can find, refreshment port and outpost, as well as promenade refreshments all don't have a kids menu but are included on the ddp.pirate:

Hi, I have used the dinning plan many time over the last few year but have not been keeping an eye on the boards over the last few month.

Has there been any major changes to the DDP or Dlx DP since last year?

Thanks
Melissa

No changes other than the price.

i have a kids meal question. what happens when you go to a cs with no kids menu and your kid is the only one eating. do you have to specify that you only want to use a child cs credit? i also noticed that on the faq golden oak outpost is on the no kids menu list, but it seems to not be on the ddp anymore. and from what i can find, refreshment port and outpost, as well as promenade refreshments all don't have a kids menu but are included on the ddp.pirate:

If the CS has no child's menu, they will simply deduct a credit without regard to the price you paid for the credit. At CS with a child's menu, you will be restricted to ordering the same number of meals you have on your key card (2 adults and 2 children on the key card, you may order 2 adult and 2 child meals; anything more than that and you need to pay cash for the extra meals)

We are looking at purchasing the DDP through our DVC this Sept but have a slight dilema. Our kids will be 9 & 10, so is it correct that I will have to get one Adult DP and one childs DP.

They both only eat small amounts so the kids DP would be perfect

Is there a way of getting round this

We are looking at purchasing the DDP through our DVC this Sept but have a slight dilema. Our kids will be 9 & 10, so is it correct that I will have to get one Adult DP and one childs DP.

They both only eat small amounts so the kids DP would be perfect

Is there a way of getting round this

Not unless you go without a dining plan. A ten-year-old child is required to purchase an adult dining plan.

You could pay out of pocket for child's meals for the 10 year old and use the extra adult credits for extra TS meals for the other adults in the party. This won't work at buffets or all you can eat restaurants.

Not unless you go without a dining plan. A ten-year-old child is required to purchase an adult dining plan.

You could pay out of pocket for child's meals for the 10 year old and use the extra adult credits for extra TS meals for the other adults in the party. This won't work at buffets or all you can eat restaurants.

So it will be easyier for me to have 2 adult DP & 1 kids DP then pay in cash for the 10yr old

So it will be easyier for me to have 2 adult DP & 1 kids DP then pay in cash for the 10yr old

Well not sure of the makeup of your party, if you have one parent and the two kids that's correct, if your party is 2 parents and the 2 kids, 10 and 9, you can't do that as you have to buy the dining plan for everyone or no one - you can't leave the 10 year old off the dining plan, so in that case you would have to purchase 3 adult and 1 child dining plans. Buy him an adult plan, purchase his kid's meals at a la carte places with cash, book some extra restaurants or 2 credit restaurants and use his extra credits for meals for the parents (purchasing children's meals with cash for the kids). At any buffet or all you can eat restaurant, you'll need to pay the adult price for the 10 year old anyway so you might as well use his dining credits for those.

Well not sure of the makeup of your party, if you have one parent and the two kids that's correct, if your party is 2 parents and the 2 kids, 10 and 9, you can't do that as you have to buy the dining plan for everyone or no one - you can't leave the 10 year old off the dining plan, so in that case you would have to purchase 3 adult and 1 child dining plans. Buy him an adult plan, purchase his kid's meals at a la carte places with cash, book some extra restaurants or 2 credit restaurants and use his extra credits for meals for the parents (purchasing children's meals with cash for the kids). At any buffet or all you can eat restaurant, you'll need to pay the adult price for the 10 year old anyway so you might as well use his dining credits for those.

Many thanks for your reply

I haven't read this whole thread but am I correct that the DDP has increased almost $10/day (for peak season) from last year?

I haven't read this whole thread but am I correct that the DDP has increased almost $10/day (for peak season) from last year?

The non-peak adult price for the basic plan is $2 more than 2009. The peak price for the basic plan is an extra $6-7 over that. So yes, your statement is correct in regards to the basic dining plan for adults.

The peak season dates are February 12-April 10, June 4-August 14, and December 17-31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter