FAQ - 2010 DDP, DxDP and QSDP Everything you always wanted to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nuts! I would just pay oop, most meals,drink and entree barely top $15 and snacks tend to be around 3. Better off winging it unless you alway eat at the higher priced cs.

This sounds cool:yay:

Now I can have my option where to treat my mother on her birthday this summer. I'm gonna start also my dining plan and choose great restaurants.
Thanks for this thread:)

1) le cellier will be 2 credits by the time we go...we want to choose them for the candlelight processional which is also 2 credits...sp will it be 2 or will it be 4 credits for this dinner?

2) if free dining comes about before our trip can we call disney and update our reservation to get ther free dining?

Thank you :)

With the two credit restraunts out there,are they two credits at lunch to?. So like La cellar,Brown derby.?

With the two credit restraunts out there,are they two credits at lunch to?. So like La cellar,Brown derby.?

Le Cellier will continue to be 1 credit for lunch. Hollywood Brown Derby is 2 credits for lunch or dinner. Cinderella's Royal Table is 2 credits for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Why is this not a sticky anymore? :confused3 The first few pages contain awesome information! It was a sticky...

So - my question is - has anyone done the $40 QSDP this year - and did you feel it was worth it? Part of the reason we were doing QSDP was not to be tied down to ADRs and spend less time in restaurants - but now I feel tied down to trying to eat a Chicken and Rib combo every meal - or WPE just to get $40 in food?
Would appreciate any feedback.
We just returned from Disney last week using the free QSDP. We stayed at ASMo but I didn't particularly care for their food court. Dd and I don't eat fast food as my stomach no longer handles fried foods without many stops at the restrooms. :scared1:So we ended up eating at the Contempo Cafe for several meals, the Polynesian and the AKL food courts as well. The Contempo Cafe had a Mahi sandwich that was very good and a steak salad. Also their flatbreads were tasty. The AKL had yummy flatbreads too. I did like the convenience of the resorts we ate at. We could walk to the CR from MK and it was a relaxing, quiet place to eat compared to the park. The meals were running between $40 and $60 for the two of us and many times we had fruit instead of dessert. Although the cupcakes at the CR that are filled with caramel are amazing - so moist. And we used leftover snack credits for fudge om Main Street at MK the last night. I think we made good use of the plan but I think it was too much food for my daughter. At 11 she just doesn't eat enough to justify adult portions. For my husband and I, we would definitely pay for the DP. We did the DxDP last September (not free) and thought it was too much food for us. We liked having it paid for ahead of time though. So if he and I go we would buy the QSDP for that reason alone. Dh doesn't like to be reminded of how much the Disney vacation is costing him:rolleyes1. Prepaid is much better. ;)
Diane

Why is this not a sticky anymore? :confused3 The first few pages contain awesome information! It was a sticky...
Probably because this thread is for 2010. There are a couple 2011 threads stickied, but I'm not sure any of them have the detail that this one does.

Probably because this thread is for 2010. There are a couple 2011 threads stickied, but I'm not sure any of them have the detail that this one does.

They don't. That's why I'm wondering. Until the new 2011 thread is updated with all this info, this should still be stickied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter