Fantasy February 16, 2013 - 7 Night Western Cruise Meet

We changed our cabin to 7690. So excited to snag one of the infamous "aft" balcony cabins! :banana:

There's alot of action on this thread lately. :) Sounds like FUN times are ahead! :woohoo:
Correction made...
Latest FE list (please let me know if I have any of the information wrong):
JCARWASH / TOTORO - DH/DW/DS6 - 2525
THEHOLMESBUNCH - DH/DW/DD10 - 5020
THEHOLMESBUNCH3 (parents) - DH/DW - 5022
THEHOLMESBUNCH (sister) - DH/DW/DD12/DS10 - 5518
SILMARG - DH/DW/DD13/DD10 - 6566
DISMOM73 - DH/DW/DD8/DD13/DD19 - 6670 and 6672
THE GREAT CORNHOLEO - DH/DW/DS10 - 6688
POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 7690

I'm seriously considering driving from New York (Staten Island) to Florida for the cruise. This would be my first time driving to the cruise :scared1: I always stay at the disney hotels after my flight and use transfers to and from. I hate that i get to port late due to this. I want to be there early, bring my own wine (they dont carry what i like) and maybeeeeee save some $$$. It's so far away and I'm already making myself nuts. Do any of you drive to port and if so how long does it take you? I've been told it would take about 17 hrs for me :headache: Ughhhh decisions, decisions, decisions. BTW, unless I'm looking in the wrong areas, I'm only seeing airline flights ending in mid December, nothing after that :confused3
We have driven to WDW a few times (though never for a cruise) from the Westchester/Bronx border. 17 or 18 hours sounds right if you are going straight thru with minimal stops - which we have done. Coming home is tough to do in one shot as we are usually exhausted doing a week in the parks.

I am a little nervous about what the airfare will be next year for this cruise as for the past several years we have visited a Disney Park for Presidents week since my DDs also have off for that entire week. It seems like NY and New England schools have that week off. The airlines know that the schools are off and fares out of airports in these areas are crazy for that week ~ $600 RT. In order to avoid this issue, we have flown out of Philly and Baltimore (and we live within 30 mins of JFK, LGA and HPN). These other cities dont give kids off the whole week so air can be had for less than half the price vs flying out of NY.

This year (2012) its not quite working as it has in the past, and as such, we may not go to the parks this year - but we are considering driving down to WDW.

Why isn't Brandon doing the rest for you? :confused3 Several years ago, Kyle was doing our shoveling and pretty soon the neighbors started coming out and asking him to do theirs too. He made some good money that day! Of course, we don't get a lot of snow around here. Most people don't even have snow shovels. :rotfl2:

All the snow we had earlier in the week melted under heavy rains. This, of course, caused some bad flooding. The town neighboring ours had their sewers overflowing and backing up into homes. Yuck! Luckily the rain has been light today and the flooding is improving.

Brandon wasn't feeling good this morning. He woke up with a sore throat. :sad1:

We are supposed to get rain tomorrow night I think...that's going to make quite a mess!!! Then when temps fall below zero it's gonna make for very interesting road conditions! :eek:

Did you get the snow blower started? Deb was pretty upset that it didn't!

Oh, yeah. I'm on this cruise too. :thumbsup2 Now to wander off to find my wife. I saw here here somewhere...

He tried and tried to get the snow blower started...no success. I think we might need to take it somewhere to get it fixed. Wonder how much of my Disney Dollars that's gonna steal!!!

I thought I heard someone say strange. Here I am! :wave2:

Hi everybody! DH (W@LL-E) and I are on this cruise too with the balcony party group. Please feel free to drop by, the more the merrier!

Yikes! That doesn't sound like fun. It sounds colder than Castaway Cay last week :laughing:

By the way :rolleyes1 I'm wearing flip flops today :duck: ducking and running ...

No need to :duck: and run....If I didn't have these awful winter storms to weather through, I wouldn't appreciate my trips to Disney as much! :thumbsup2

I keep telling myself I'm gonna do this (the workout part). It just seems that I always wind up in the "flat out on the sofa" part instead :confused3

So what are you doing for a workout? I've got 10 weeks before the maiden voyage on the Fantasy and need some inspiration!

I'm using recent pictures of myself as inspiration!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I downloaded the Couch-to-5K app for my phone and started the program. However, right now I'm just repeating Day One's workout and doing a "brisk walk" when it tells me to jog. The first time I did it, I did the first three jogging bits and then gave up halfway through the workout. I'm not in jogging shape yet. :laughing: I think it's a 9 week program. So, you'd have time to finish it before the MV. :thumbsup2 You could make your 5K the Castaway Cay 5K! :cheer2:

That sounds like an excellent goal!!!!! Go for it Terrie AND Karen!!!!!! I'm gonna try to do the Couch-to-5K....I've NEVER been a runner, so we'll see how it goes. I need to get my body used to walking on the treadmill first. Did two 45 minute walks this week so far....gonna try and do three next week and work myself up. :thumbsup2

We have driven to WDW a few times (though never for a cruise) from the Westchester/Bronx border. 17 or 18 hours sounds right if you are going straight thru with minimal stops - which we have done. Coming home is tough to do in one shot as we are usually exhausted doing a week in the parks.

I am a little nervous about what the airfare will be next year for this cruise as for the past several years we have visited a Disney Park for Presidents week since my DDs also have off for that entire week. It seems like NY and New England schools have that week off. The airlines know that the schools are off and fares out of airports in these areas are crazy for that week ~ $600 RT. In order to avoid this issue, we have flown out of Philly and Baltimore (and we live within 30 mins of JFK, LGA and HPN). These other cities dont give kids off the whole week so air can be had for less than half the price vs flying out of NY.

This year (2012) its not quite working as it has in the past, and as such, we may not go to the parks this year - but we are considering driving down to WDW.

Is Southwest and option for you? Download their "DING" program and as soon as flights open up for February 2013, keep an eye on their airfare. It's usually the cheapest on the first day that they announce those dates, but sometimes they have internet/DING specials that are just as cheap. Good luck!!!

Is Southwest and option for you? Download their "DING" program and as soon as flights open up for February 2013, keep an eye on their airfare. It's usually the cheapest on the first day that they announce those dates, but sometimes they have internet/DING specials that are just as cheap. Good luck!!!

SWA is not big from NYC... but it is one of the airlines i have flown out of Philly on a past Presidents week. Thanks for the tip.

Brandon wasn't feeling good this morning. He woke up with a sore throat. :sad1:

I hope he's feeling better tomorrow!! :flower3:

I'm gonna try to do the Couch-to-5K....I've NEVER been a runner, so we'll see how it goes. I need to get my body used to walking on the treadmill first. Did two 45 minute walks this week so far....gonna try and do three next week and work myself up. :thumbsup2

Go Deb! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

SWA is not big from NYC... but it is one of the airlines i have flown out of Philly on a past Presidents week. Thanks for the tip.
I don't know if it would be convenient, but we have gotten exceptional fares in to and out of Islip on SWA in the past. Also Newark, on occasion.

I don't know if it would be convenient, but we have gotten exceptional fares in to and out of Islip on SWA in the past. Also Newark, on occasion.

Round trip for Presidents week out of ISP is $706 per person on SWA.

I normally book airfare very late... but for this cruise... I have to book the air early.

Well all, I must report I am jumping ship...I just switched from this cruise to the 7 night Med cruise on the Magic. I am very excited for this cruise, we will finally be going somewhere new on DCL! :cool1: I wish you all a happy vacation!

Well all, I must report I am jumping ship...I just switched from this cruise to the 7 night Med cruise on the Magic. I am very excited for this cruise, we will finally be going somewhere new on DCL! I wish you all a happy vacation!

Have fun! You did warn us about potential Magic or Wonder itineraries pulling you away, glad that worked out for you. :goodvibes

Well all, I must report I am jumping ship...I just switched from this cruise to the 7 night Med cruise on the Magic. I am very excited for this cruise, we will finally be going somewhere new on DCL! :cool1: I wish you all a happy vacation!

Congrats! :thumbsup2 Sounds like a lot of fun.

I am hoping there is a Panama Canal Cruise sometime in my future! Though DW wants to do one of the sailings oit of the Port of Miami since they will go to Key West again. :thumbsup2

We're gonna miss y'all...
POETICMOE - DMom/DS12 - 7690

Have fun! You did warn us about potential Magic or Wonder itineraries pulling you away, glad that worked out for you. :goodvibes

Awww, you remembered. ;) Yes, that's why I've been quiet lately...once I heard the rumors about the Mediterranean I didn't want to get too attached to you all. :hug: We are very excited...we being me and the girls, I haven't told my DH yet. :rotfl: Italy has been a life long dream for both of us, so he should be ok with it, right? :laughing:
I know you will all LOVE :lovestruc the Fantasy!

Well unfortunately, we're having to jump ship too. Our 2013 school calendar just came out and we're NOT off this week in February! :confused: So I moved our dates and we're cruising on the Fantasy for Spring Break, 2013 instead.

Have a fun time! :)

Well unfortunately, we're having to jump ship too. Our 2013 school calendar just came out and we're NOT off this week in February! :confused: So I moved our dates and we're cruising on the Fantasy for Spring Break, 2013 instead.

YIKES :scared1: I hope our NY kids are off this week. We haven't recieved our 2013 calendar yet. I only booked because I was going by what our past years mid winter recess has been. :confused3

Wow this FE list is getting flogged!

YIKES :scared1: I hope our NY kids are off this week. We haven't recieved our 2013 calendar yet. I only booked because I was going by what our past years mid winter recess has been. :confused3

I would be stunned if NYC schools were closed for the week. The Teachers union would probably flip out. But u never know if Bloomberg wants to play games w them!

Wow this FE list is getting flogged!

I would be stunned if NYC schools were closed for the week. The Teachers union would probably flip out. But u never know if Bloomberg wants to play games w them!

NYC schools always have off in Feb for mid-winter recess (well in my experience w/ dd's 11-24 yrs) and then again for spring break. My only concern is, WHEN in February will it be? As far I can remember it's alway's been presidents week and I'm HOPING this is still the case. I understand what you said though, it's very rare when they close the schools for anything else. Snow could be up to your knees and NYC doesn't want to close the schools, which is a shame.

NYC schools always have off in Feb for mid-winter recess (well in my experience w/ dd's 11-24 yrs) and then again for spring break. My only concern is, WHEN in February will it be? As far I can remember it's alway's been presidents week and I'm HOPING this is still the case. I understand what you said though, it's very rare when they close the schools for anything else. Snow could be up to your knees and NYC doesn't want to close the schools, which is a shame.

I am a product of NYC schools and now have kids that go to public school in a district that borders NYC in Westchester. And I always remember having Presidents week off. Back in the 1970's it was pitched as some sort energy conservation week.

This has certainly slowed WAY down! Anybody still check in here? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter