Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

I have a new question about the River Belle premium dining. Sorry, so many questions!

Has anyone who has been checking daily on the website for any availability ever actually come across a cancellation and was able to book?

Just wondering if I’m wasting my time….
To further my inquiry, lol,…..

Do any of the alert texting you can sign up for actually include the premium option? And has anyone had success that route?

Hoping someone can help me before I spend $
I really, really want the premium dining (at the tables) at River Belle.

I’ve set alerts on one particular dining alert website but I’m not sure it’s for basic dining or the premium. It’s a free version

So I’m looking into another dining alert website (I don’t think I can share names here…) that will coast a small amount of money. I’m more than happy to pay but I want to make sure it’s for the premium? Is there a way to really know? It doesn’t specify time, which in this case would be 7:15pm, as that’s the only time for the premium dining package.
It DOES however list itself as ‘Fantasmic! Dining Package-River Belle Terrace’ and there is an alternate choice for just ‘River Belle Terrace’.
I’ll include a screen shot.

It’s not much money at all but already having a river Belle reservation for lunch one day and knowing I can upgrade at least for the viewing area, I’d hate to pay for something I already have

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• D426B7C7-CE22-4055-ABFA-63E4E17D4D98.jpeg
    D426B7C7-CE22-4055-ABFA-63E4E17D4D98.jpeg
    37.4 KB · Views: 27

I’ve set alerts on one particular dining alert website but I’m not sure it’s for basic dining or the premium. It’s a free version

So I’m looking into another dining alert website (I don’t think I can share names here…) that will coast a small amount of money. I’m more than happy to pay but I want to make sure it’s for the premium? Is there a way to really know? It doesn’t specify time, which in this case would be 7:15pm, as that’s the only time for the premium dining package.
It DOES however list itself as ‘Fantasmic! Dining Package-River Belle Terrace’ and there is an alternate choice for just ‘River Belle Terrace’.

It’s not much money at all but already having a river Belle reservation for lunch one day and knowing I can upgrade at least for the viewing area, I’d hate to pay for something I already have

Anyone? Bueller?

Has anyone done alerts for the premium?

I'll just say that I have signed up for this one and haven't heard a peep. I am dubious though - if you look at almost all of the other restaurants, it tells you how many reservations have been found, and there are none listed for that package. Doesn't mean much, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'll just say that I have signed up for this one and haven't heard a peep. I am dubious though - if you look at almost all of the other restaurants, it tells you how many reservations have been found, and there are none listed for that package. Doesn't mean much, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
I didn’t realize you could click on the Description of each restaurant. And so I did that for the one that says Fantasmic dining package, and it says three courses “from your table or a reserved viewing location.”. I wasn’t sure how to interpret that so I emailed and they JUST responded!
This is what they said:

Thanks for your email! For the Fantasmic dining package, please make sure to create your alert for Fantasmic! Dining Package - River Belle Terrace: (name of app)

The other "River Belle Terrace" option will not include the Fantasmic package.

The River Belle Premium Package reservations will be for 7:15 PM, so be on the lookout for a (name of app) notification of an opening at this time. If you receive a notification for a 4:00 PM reservation, that will be for the Standard Package. You can review the times for each package type on Disney's website here: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/

So I’m going for it!!!
Hope this helps you too

Wanted to verify that Blue Bayou F! seating is still at request, not a different ADR, correct? Thanks

Last edited:

We did the Fantasmic River Belle Terrace premium dining last week.

One thing that was odd is that we arrived at 7:15 and we were the very last table to be seated. I mentioned to the hostess that I was surprised we were last and she said, "No worries. We wouldn't have given your table away until 7:30."
I had no idea that that was even a possibility. I thought seating started at 7:15 and if anything mentioned to be there by 7:30 or lose your seat, I missed it. We were given wrist bands and a Fantasmic lanyard.

The cornbread / biscuit basket and our drinks came around 7:40. The bread came with delicious spiced honey butter. We were served our main entree around 8:30 and dessert around 8:50.
The food choices were much better than 2019 and they let all of us order off the regular menu if we wanted to, including for the dessert. The main dessert was this chocolate orb filled with fruit and sorbet and sprinkled with what looks like fruity pebbles. They also had chocolate monkey bread. I'm allergic to chocolate so I ordered mango sorbet, which was yummy but not particularly fancy.

Our server was very attentive and friendly. She came around numerous times to check on us and refill drinks.

The view was really great. We were in the second row this time. We were in the 3rd row in 2019, which was still a good view but this was even better. The way River belle Terrace is set up, the view is off to the right. We could still see all of the projections and floats, and the dragon and of course Mickey. Having a designated place to sit was wonderful. We were encouraged to stay in our seats to watch the fireworks. The projections for the fireworks were really nice, but the fireworks themselves were hard to see through the trees. That view probably depends on your particular seat.

Now that I've done this package twice, I don't know if I'd do it again. The food was good, but the whole experience takes SO long. There were a number of parties around us with little kids who were bored/melting down/ wanted to leave. Seated at 7:15 and it doesn't end until after 9:00. That's alot of potential park time if you're there on a 1 or 2 day trip. We were there for 5 days, so it was fine. If we ever did decide to do it again I'd probably check in as early as possible, eat and then come back to watch the show. They allowed us to leave and come back to use the restroom.5EB83C3B-F5D7-4BA0-A5E1-6B5A6AA645EE.jpeg2CB1151F-0078-40D1-88E1-743514C5C6C6.jpeg

Attachments

• 52B792B5-B36B-4533-A43E-304F67035FBE.jpeg
    52B792B5-B36B-4533-A43E-304F67035FBE.jpeg
    51.3 KB · Views: 20
  • A03F1AF3-53C9-41F8-92AA-D3F95D2FCFF2.jpeg
    A03F1AF3-53C9-41F8-92AA-D3F95D2FCFF2.jpeg
    60.4 KB · Views: 19
  • 77AC5971-074A-438B-A72D-A797CA9EF9F6.jpeg
    77AC5971-074A-438B-A72D-A797CA9EF9F6.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 18
  • 36D720C1-239C-4BE8-B641-FE674105E05C.jpeg
    36D720C1-239C-4BE8-B641-FE674105E05C.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 234A55AA-8BD6-4445-AAA9-D23E2E688311.jpeg
    234A55AA-8BD6-4445-AAA9-D23E2E688311.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 69978B66-5AC8-4F2F-AFA6-9491C98A38E6.jpeg
    69978B66-5AC8-4F2F-AFA6-9491C98A38E6.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 8A5C2AD0-7614-48FC-96EA-82C0C7557169.jpeg
    8A5C2AD0-7614-48FC-96EA-82C0C7557169.jpeg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 6D05DC34-F9FA-4DC6-A7E1-924F8BA5CB72.jpeg
    6D05DC34-F9FA-4DC6-A7E1-924F8BA5CB72.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
We did the Fantasmic River Belle Terrace premium dining last week.

One thing that was odd is that we arrived at 7:15 and we were the very last table to be seated. I mentioned to the hostess that I was surprised we were last and she said, "No worries. We wouldn't have given your table away until 7:30."
I had no idea that that was even a possibility. I thought seating started at 7:15 and if anything mentioned to be there by 7:30 or lose your seat, I missed it. We were given wrist bands and a Fantasmic lanyard.

The cornbread / biscuit basket and our drinks came around 7:40. The bread came with delicious spiced honey butter. We were served our main entree around 8:30 and dessert around 8:50.
The food choices were much better than 2019 and they let all of us order off the regular menu if we wanted to, including for the dessert. The main dessert was this chocolate orb filled with fruit and sorbet and sprinkled with what looks like fruity pebbles. They also had chocolate monkey bread. I'm allergic to chocolate so I ordered mango sorbet, which was yummy but not particularly fancy.

Our server was very attentive and friendly. She came around numerous times to check on us and refill drinks.

The view was really great. We were in the second row this time. We were in the 3rd row in 2019, which was still a good view but this was even better. The way River belle Terrace is set up, the view is off to the right. We could still see all of the projections and floats, and the dragon and of course Mickey. Having a designated place to sit was wonderful. We were encouraged to stay in our seats to watch the fireworks. The projections for the fireworks were really nice, but the fireworks themselves were hard to see through the trees. That view probably depends on your particular seat.

Now that I've done this package twice, I don't know if I'd do it again. The food was good, but the whole experience takes SO long. There were a number of parties around us with little kids who were bored/melting down/ wanted to leave. Seated at 7:15 and it doesn't end until after 9:00. That's alot of potential park time if you're there on a 1 or 2 day trip. We were there for 5 days, so it was fine. If we ever did decide to do it again I'd probably check in as early as possible, eat and then come back to watch the show. They allowed us to leave and come back to use the restroom.
Have to agree that is way too long for my taste to sit and eat dinner with little ones. Heck too long for me as an adult. 2 hour dinners are just not very enjoyable to me.

Hello all,

Blue bayou is now on the drop down menu under Fantasmic dinning packages and when you reserve it it looks like this.

The website still says you request from your server.. so I dunno, but just a heads up. We will see if this was an accident. D420FB41-001F-407C-8670-AA7A37C0BD54.jpeg

We did the RBT standard package last night. This was our first time seeing the show and it has been our favorite of the nighttime shows. A few notes from our experience:
  • We could swap entrees and desserts from main menu, but no starters.
  • A plain chicken sandwich with tots worked for a picky chicken finger kinda eater in our group.
  • We used a Disney Visa and received 10% off the $50 price tag (II didn’t even ask the waitress and she just applied it when she saw the card). So it ended up being a better value in my book at $45 vs $35 at Hungry Bear (though you also tip here).
  • We dined at 4:45pm on a Sunday and got the first show without a problem.
  • We arrived a little after 8pm and got a great seat.
  • It was nice that you could easily leave the area for bathroom (or mint julep) breaks.
  • Stayed for Disneyland Forever and easily moved to the rail directly center of the water screen and, dare I say, we enjoyed the show better from there than smooshed in the hub.

We did the RBT standard package last night. This was our first time seeing the show and it has been our favorite of the nighttime shows. A few notes from our experience:
  • We could swap entrees and desserts from main menu, but no starters.
  • A plain chicken sandwich with tots worked for a picky chicken finger kinda eater in our group.
  • We used a Disney Visa and received 10% off the $50 price tag (II didn’t even ask the waitress and she just applied it when she saw the card). So it ended up being a better value in my book at $45 vs $35 at Hungry Bear (though you also tip here).
  • We dined at 4:45pm on a Sunday and got the first show without a problem.
  • We arrived a little after 8pm and got a great seat.
  • It was nice that you could easily leave the area for bathroom (or mint julep) breaks.
  • Stayed for Disneyland Forever and easily moved to the rail directly center of the water screen and, dare I say, we enjoyed the show better from there than smooshed in the hub.

Pardon my ignorance - but how do you book the RBT standard package?

We were leaning towards the Premium Package, but a 7:15 start for a show that starts at 9:00 just seems like way too much sitting around for my kids.

Pardon my ignorance - but how do you book the RBT standard package?

We were leaning towards the Premium Package, but a 7:15 start for a show that starts at 9:00 just seems like way too much sitting around for my kids.
When you are seated for your RBT reservation, ask your server to upgrade to the Fantasmic package. Then as described above, you can order from the special three course menu or substitute items from the regular menu.

Fair warning: I did this for lunch on July 4th and it took forever. It was more than 90 minutes from being seated to walking out, and I was solo. Staffing appeared to be the main issue, so I'm unsure if it was holiday-related or if this is normal (I haven't been doing much table service dining at DLR this spring or summer).

If you are talking about River Belle Terrace, we had the option to order off the regular menu when se did the dining package on 6/11. However, even the regular menu has very limited vegetarian options. It's a meat-heavy restaurant. I have been told you may request an allergy menu when you are seated, so this will be an option. But again, it looks like you might end up with a $50 salad or tofu.

Can I just clarify to be sure- we are going Aug 18, entertainment schedule shows two Fantasmic show times, I couldn’t get premium package, so I booked a reservation for River Bell Terrace 11:20am. When I get to restaurant, I ask host for viewing package and then buy it from them? I’ll likely get the first show (which I want)?

since it’s just two of us, we’ll possibly be able to show up close to show time and get a good spot.

seated or standing?

Can I just clarify to be sure- we are going Aug 18, entertainment schedule shows two Fantasmic show times, I couldn’t get premium package, so I booked a reservation for River Bell Terrace 11:20am. When I get to restaurant, I ask host for viewing package and then buy it from them? I’ll likely get the first show (which I want)?

since it’s just two of us, we’ll possibly be able to show up close to show time and get a good spot.

seated or standing?
An 11:20 recreation should get you the first show. It’s dinner reservations that generally move on to the second show unless someone really wants the first show and it hasn’t sold out.
I think you’ll be good!

Scheduling question: at the moment, as far out as the calendar reveals, there are two Fantasmic shows nightly -- I'm a little ahead of the game, trying to book for the first week of October, but ... is it reasonable to think that will continue? In the Before Times, it was only on certain nights, which is why we always booked on Thursday night, but regardless, this is a must-do for my family and I want to be as sure as it's possible to be for our first show since February 2019.

Scheduling question: at the moment, as far out as the calendar reveals, there are two Fantasmic shows nightly -- I'm a little ahead of the game, trying to book for the first week of October, but ... is it reasonable to think that will continue? In the Before Times, it was only on certain nights, which is why we always booked on Thursday night, but regardless, this is a must-do for my family and I want to be as sure as it's possible to be for our first show since February 2019.
I am following it as well for the same reason, and I don’t see it available on the first Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday of September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!