Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

We won't be able to step into the park until 7:00pm on a Sunday evening in October. I don't think we will be able to get the RBT Fantasmic Premium package (but I'll die trying).
We desperately want to see Fantasmic (I never have).
I'm assuming all the viewing spots will be taken.

Are there any other options for us?

We won't be able to step into the park until 7:00pm on a Sunday evening in October. I don't think we will be able to get the RBT Fantasmic Premium package (but I'll die trying).
We desperately want to see Fantasmic (I never have).
I'm assuming all the viewing spots will be taken.

Are there any other options for us?
You can do the hungry bear on the go package up to 830pm and then do the second Fantasmic showing.

I dropped the ball on getting the Hungry Bear dining package for Fantasmic, and there aren’t any left for our dates. Any tips for the best way to watch Fantasmic without having a reserved spot?

Where are you getting this info? F! typically has 2 shows in October, on Fri-Sat-Sun, and is usually dark during the week.
:worship: OMG really? At least 3 people on these boards have told me that the two shows end before October.

If you are right I'll be doing the happy dance!!

Hello, we are going to DL Thurs Aug 18 and staying overnight. We’d like to see Fantasmic and now that MSEP is leaving, we’d love to see that too, but only if we can get a dining package for it. And if we’re seeing both, then we might as we’ll see the fireworks too.

Today, several Hungry Bear packages popped up and I grabbed two reservations- one at 5:15 pm which would get us into the early show (typically what we’d prefer) and one at 7pm which would get us into the later show (might allow us to see MSEP as well if we can find a Plaza Inn Reservation). We also already had a River Belle Terrace reservation for 11:20am. I am trying to decide which to cancel. (We are staying at the Grand, so I’m not too worried about having extra food- we can run it back to our DVC unit and stick it in the fridge).

Questions:
1. Is it feasible to watch first showing of MSEP from Plaza Inn reserved area, then watch fireworks, then get to Hungry Bear or RBT Fantasmic viewing sites in time to get a good spot for the second Fantasmic show? What times do folks start lining up for the reserved Fanstamic viewing?
2. Is RBT reserved area way better Fantasmic viewing than Hungry Bear?
3. Do you need reserved viewing for the second Fantasmic show? We HATE being in the crush of folks jostling for a good view, so if there’s even a little of that, a dining package is one thousand percent worth it to us.

Thanks

Hi, I was able to get the RBT reservations for lunch and we are going to upgrade for F! Just saw on the Disney site that the standard package is standing only. Can anyone who has gone recently confirm this? From everyones previous reports the area is next to the BB and hungry bear seating areas. Thanks!
River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! Dining Experience – Standard Package Viewing Area
The viewing area is separate from the dining location. Please ask a Cast Member if you need directions. The Standard Package viewing area is standing only, with accommodations for Guests with disabilities.

Hi, I was able to get the RBT reservations for lunch and we are going to upgrade for F! Just saw on the Disney site that the standard package is standing only. Can anyone who has gone recently confirm this? From everyones previous reports the area is next to the BB and hungry bear seating areas. Thanks!
River Belle Terrace Fantasmic! Dining Experience – Standard Package Viewing Area
The viewing area is separate from the dining location. Please ask a Cast Member if you need directions. The Standard Package viewing area is standing only, with accommodations for Guests with disabilities.
They have always stated that the area is standing, but I’ve done it about five times, three before covid and two in the last month or so, and we have always been seated on the ground.

Last edited:
They have always stated that the area is standing, but I’ve done it snoot five times, three before covid and two in the last month or so, and we have always been seated on the ground.
Thank you! I was freaking out a bit since there is no way my kiddos could stand still for that long. After hearing about fights breaking out we wanted to do the reserved area to avoid that and have some room. Plus I bought us little travel pads to sit on. 😀

I did the Hungry Bear Dining Package on Tuesday 28 June. All of the waterside dining packages were seated on the ground.

1 = Blue Bayou Viewing Area
2 = Riverbelle Viewing Area

Everyone is seated on the ground except for the few people just stretching their legsbb and riverbelle.jpg

Can you stand at the rear of the seated section if you want rather than sit? Have you seen anyone do this?
No, everyone has to be seated on the ground when the lights go down. They have an emergency walkway behind the viewing sections and then behind the wall is the VIP Tour viewing area. There are cm's all around and they tell people to sit down.

No, everyone has to be seated on the ground when the lights go down. They have an emergency walkway behind the viewing sections and then behind the wall is the VIP Tour viewing area. There are cm's all around and they tell people to sit down.
Thanks very much. I didn't know that.

Has anyone done the blue bayou package where you ask the server and had a regular reservation for blue bayou?

I am just struggling. We want the blue bayou package. It meets both our wants of a Fantasmic package and dinner at blue bayou. But the whole ask your server and subject to availability freaks me out.

Hungry bear is on the table because it guaranteed the package, but we don't really want to waste a meal on that food..

What would you do?

Has anyone done the blue bayou package where you ask the server and had a regular reservation for blue bayou?

I am just struggling. We want the blue bayou package. It meets both our wants of a Fantasmic package and dinner at blue bayou. But the whole ask your server and subject to availability freaks me out.

Hungry bear is on the table because it guaranteed the package, but we don't really want to waste a meal on that food..

What would you do?
It’s very frustrating that Disney doesn’t just let you book the darn package. It is so stressful feeling like you’re taking a risk.

Reports have been that BB Fantasmic section doesn’t fill up so if you prefer to eat there I would try for Blue Bayou (lunch maybe if you’re worried about selling out).

Backup could be River Belle. We have done this twice and we’re please both times despite River Belle not being my favorite restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter