Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Fantasmic! has returned as of May 28, 2022!

Show times can be found in the app. As of right now there are two shows nightly at 9pm at 10:30.

As of right now there is no virtual que for Fantasmic! You can current watch Fantasmic! one of four ways.
1. Standby
2. A dinning package
3. Premium Viewing at River Bell.
4. As part of an already paid for and booked VIP tour.

Dining Packages
packages are currently available at Blue Bayou, River Bell and Hungry Bear.

Seating for the show with these packages in the front view area of the Fanstamic! area on Rivers of America. Folks sit on the ground for the show. Folks in wheelchairs, etc sit at the back of this viewing area. While Disney's website states standing room, no one has ever reported having to stand.

River Bell
The regular River Bell package (not the premium) is done by making a typical dinning reservation for River Bell and requesting the Fanstamic! package upon check-in. It is possible they will run out for the day.

Menus:
river bell kids.jpegriver bell.jpeg

Hungry Bear on-the go

The hungry bear on the go package needs booked ahead of time as the Fanstamic! on the go package. It included a pre-packaged meal chosen from the menu at Hungry Bear. Its been reported the meals are pre-packaged and there are not substitutions.

Menu:
hungry bear.jpeg

Blue Bayou
After august 27th, 2022
You much book a specific blue bayou Fantasmic package.
300B7898-5E99-49F0-A02A-C6891DDB730D.jpeg889AF19C-0E33-4E49-BFB0-7ADAB0A6450F.png
Premium Viewing at River Bell
River Bell offeres the Fantasmic! premium viewing that allows you to view Fantasmic! from your table at River Bell. The Fanstamic! menu and regular River Bell menu is available.Premium RBT package is booked directly from Fantasmic dining package page on the website: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disneyland/fantasmic-dinner-packages/

Menu:
20A16998-9C2A-4121-AA91-C491D9CCB328.jpeg5E90D9A1-8A07-4054-A0E2-31E8EEA888FD.jpeg

Last edited:
I can't believe they haven't released anything yet (I mean, I can, but I can't!!). Dare to dream that they might just let you sit on the concrete and reserve your own spot like the olden days?

Before Covid you had the pull the paper fastpasses right? Or did it move to maxpass? I can't remember. Either way it's been a Loooooooooooooooong time since
You could just show up to fantasmic and get a decent view..

If they didn't have the dining area, this would sound great. However, with the dining area it sounds nuts. In the 90s and early/mid 00s it was great to not have a fastpass or premium seating system, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster right now. Super curious to see how this plays out.

I wonder if they will allow people to camp out in advance. Back in the day that whole area in front of Rivers of America would be covered with blankets and people waiting for the show for hours. I seem to recall a number of years ago they stopped allowing it, though. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.

They don't know what the finial viewing space is going to look like after they made the changes to the viewing area / paths in New Orleans Square.

Notice how they know where the dining packages are going because that area has not changed.

Should be interesting. Fantasmic isn't even on the the tip board today..

Im bummed it's opening without fanfare. No announced live stream, no merch announcement.. I think this show deserved a lot more. But they are probably saving all the merch for the WDW opening since it's having a whole show overhaul.

I hope someone here at least posts updates this weekend about experiences with the dining packages! The original announcement for Fantasmic made it sound like there would be special menu items, but I haven't seen any menu updates.

Responding to my own post... I didn't realize the web page for the Hungry Bear Fantasmic package does now list the menu options (maybe it has for awhile). Thought I'd share in case anyone else had missed it.

Choose from a down-home menu created just for this event, featuring barbecued pork ribs, grilled salmon salad or a barbecued half-chicken, served with bacon potato salad, seasonal vegetables, a dessert and fountain beverage. Or try a plant-based Impossible sloppy joe sandwich with seasonal vegetables, fresh fruit, dessert and fountain beverage.
Kids meals include barbecued ribs, mac and cheese, and a plant-based Impossible sloppy joe slider.

My guess is honestly that they still have kinks to workout and that they just weren't ready to launch the VQ. However that area can't hold a swarm of people right? Like it's not like fireworks- they have to keep traffic moving. Anyone going this weekend should pack their patience and try and snag a dinning package!

Thanks so much for sharing! Any chance you got a glance at the kid options?

And do you (or anyone) know if you can also order off the regular menu? The website made it seem like, but I hope to confirm.
They only gave us the Fantasmic menu. We didn't have any children with us so I didn't catch that menu. You also get to choose which performance you want to attend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter