Fantasmic! Information and shared experiences!

They didn't really say or I didn't hear through the groans of the people around me.

Yes we did have the package. No I didn't even ask about a refund or anything... disappointed yes but not something I'm going to ruin my trip over. Should have done it earlier in our trip (it was our last night)...lesson learned.

I’m doing this next week! I’m torn on low top vs high top. I’ll have a toddler in my lap and I am worried if we do the low top, that people standing in front of us will block her view.
The high tops are directors chairs with arm rests and foot rests. The low chairs are regular folding chairs, no arm rests. We were there last night and it was pretty easy for me to use the higher chair even with a broken arm in sling.
We had a high top table with low tables in front of us, near center, and the view was great. There were lots of parents in the area in front of us with kids on shoulders. Like dozens, seriously annoying. View was still worth it IMO.
Also, we joined the check in line at 7:25 and there were already 28 people in front of us in line. We still had choice of low vs high table at that point.

We are scheduled for hungry bear this Sunday and what's the overall consensus on when people start lining up for spots? We are seeing the 1st show. I know opening weekend people started lining up close to 6 and we're trying to avoid that.

We are scheduled for hungry bear this Sunday and what's the overall consensus on when people start lining up for spots? We are seeing the 1st show. I know opening weekend people started lining up close to 6 and we're trying to avoid that.
I lined up around 7pm on Memorial Day with hungry bear and was very happy with where I was seated.

Regarding shared experiences….

I’d really love to know if anyone here has had success with eating DINNER at RBT and upgrading to the Fantasmic package but getting the FIRST show?

Which one would run out first? First or second show?

My current ADRs have me holding a lunch and a dinner and I want to let one go asap to help the next…but I’d prefer to eat dinner there but get the first showing

Regarding shared experiences….

I’d really love to know if anyone here has had success with eating DINNER at RBT and upgrading to the Fantasmic package but getting the FIRST show?

Which one would run out first? First or second show?

My current ADRs have me holding a lunch and a dinner and I want to let one go asap to help the next…but I’d prefer to eat dinner there but get the first showing
First show will sell out first. I would bet the second show doesn't even sell out, but I don't know for sure. I am doing lunch to ensure we get the first show as my kids can't make it to the second show.

First show will sell out first. I would bet the second show doesn't even sell out, but I don't know for sure. I am doing lunch to ensure we get the first show as my kids can't make it to the second show.
Thank you, as much as i would like to do dinner, lunch it is

Did the standard RBT dining package today. I asked the server what time they tend to run out of vouchers for the early show and she said between 1:30 and 2pm, which I was surprised! Our lunch was at 2:30 and she said she grabbed some of the last vouchers for the first show when she saw that we had a bunch of kids with us, we felt really lucky! We were seated indoors and the air conditioning felt glorious as it was a pretty hot day.

The food at RBT is really not my style, it’s very heavy food, BBQ style, lots of fried food and some was pretty spicy (I do like spice). The sausage in the red beans and rice was super spicy and the fried chicken sandwich had fried jalapeños (or maybe serranos) that I took off and it was not really spicy after that (it has BBQ sauce and a slaw). Even though this isn’t my first choice of cuisine, everything we ordered was tasty and well made, and it was a HUGE amount of food. We were all stuffed! If you like this style to food I think you will be pleased. We had fried chicken sandwich, catfish sandwich, kids Mac n cheese and kids chicken. The tots are so good, they taste like BBQ potato chips.

Everyone agreed that the Fantasmic dessert was pretty but in the end kind of weird. It’s a lot going on. No one really liked it. I had the pudding from the regular menu and it was delicious! My SIL had the monkey bread and she really liked that too.

People loosely lined up between 6:30 and 7pm, but they did not open the viewing area until 7:30. We had a great spot. At 8pm there was still plenty of space and you could have squeezed in shortly before the show if you had a smaller group.

View was great, we were happy with it. We remained seated for the duration of the show. Lots of people left after so fireworks was uncrowded with some standing and some sitting.

Happy to answers any questions and here are some photos of the food (sorry some are sideways!).

CF692FB0-B1D6-4A34-873A-C35FEA462D2B.jpeg
3F202450-7906-4FBE-80DF-ECA744D48849.jpeg
C0B002A3-A8A3-402B-95ED-1A27DDBF79D6.jpeg
76949454-4481-46B5-86E9-2516408459FC.jpeg
C1480CC4-9B71-4D28-A7B7-F3F5DA64B940.jpeg
E7374670-4F2E-4802-BC6A-69640E5F8080.jpeg
85BE94D8-E8D1-42B4-B6B1-6AA7B70D7BF7.jpeg2912EC96-F38E-4719-8C22-B7DB87168913.jpeg
2E40677E-A390-4B26-BB6B-ED10F724AECD.jpeg

Last edited:
How has the show been lately?. I had seen reports as it first started back up of a few restarting hiccups, with dragon issues or some effects not working
The dragon will vary from show to show. It’s just very technical and may not deploy as planned. When we saw it 6/11 all elements were working including the dragon (I was holding my breath and saying “Please come out, please come out” in my head 😆).

The dragon will vary from show to show. It’s just very technical and may not deploy as planned. When we saw it 6/11 all elements were working including the dragon (I was holding my breath and saying “Please come out, please come out” in my head 😆).
We were at that show too, and I was doing the same thing! Was so excited when it happened.

RE: the ordering off regular menu vs package for HB - this still seems to be dependent on the CM you are talking to. The cashier CMs seem to go with a 'no' answer, but the CM behind the counter does seem to have more flexibility. During the same time frame (June 8-14) I witnessed a CM very pointedly saying absolutely NO to regular menu items like fries, but another guest witnessed the opposite. I wouldn't really count on being able to make substitutions and have a plan B for food if you get this package while hoping for some pixie dust that a substitution will be honored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter