Fall is in the Air - October 2021 W.I.S.H. Challenge

Today I am thankful that I like the new doctor. He is modernizing the practice, which is nice as old doctor was very old school about things, and has more modern/up-to-date ideas. He had gone thru my chart and already thought of a different thyroid med even before I mentioned that the headaches were back. And he agrees with the cardiologist on the two things she wanted me to start taking, at least short term. I still have to pay out-of-pocket for appointments, but for the time being I am OK with that, just relieved to have someone to go to.

I'm thankful that I've starting to rebound from being so tired post-trip, and looking forward to doing stuff around the house this weekend, including re-painting the office.

I'm thankful that I've been getting "good" sleep reports, mostly from going to bed earlier which is much easier now that sunset is earlier.
It’s so important to have a good relationship with your doctor. I still write things down because I tend to forget them once we get talking!

That was a lovely prompt, PollyannaMom-my “cup” has been feeling pretty full lately. So thankful for my family (my son in law is just the dearest person) and friends. Enjoying every beautiful fall day. So thankful I can be here at the beach-watched a blue heron from the deck this morning (while drinking my Diet Coke, so need to work on that!).
Beautiful evening-

3DE9E5EA-F689-4376-A87B-7A9D09C4904C.jpeg

Last edited:
For Thankful Thursday today, I have this story I ran across on Pinterest:

View attachment 610877

I love the idea of holding gratitude in our "cups" - so that that's what spills out!
I love this idea…but I feel so overwhelmed lately that I’m really not sure what’s left in my cup. I try to hold peace & love in my heart. I try to stay grateful. I like to solve problems and jump in to help others. I have my mirning routine with my workout, prayer time & devotional. But sometimes that bitterness still comes out. Like today I had a meeting planned before school to meet with our team that does small reading groups. We do this every other week. But surprise, our principal decided to have a mandatory school wide meeting. And I’m struggling because I worked hard all week to get progress monitoring done so we could go over the data for our groups. My reaction is definitely bitter. I am, however, grateful for that team and their flexibility to meet next Thursday. Until then we just continue to do what we are doing with these groups. And all is fine. But I get very bitter with changing my plans! I’m not sure what to do about that.

I am also thankful that I was strong enough to step down from being the president of the field hockey booster club. I just feel too overwhelmed with everything. So I’m hopeful that we will some some of the eager freshman parents to step up and take over.

iam also grateful for my small group of neighbor mom friends. We are getting together tonight for my late bday celebration. Take out Chinese food and drinks on the neighbors deck. Something to look forward to after a very long week!

...And all is fine. But I get very bitter with changing my plans! I’m not sure what to do about that.

I don't blame you one bit! Changes without good reason irritate me too - a lot.

I am also grateful for my small group of neighbor mom friends. We are getting together tonight for my late bday celebration. Take out Chinese food and drinks on the neighbors deck. Something to look forward to after a very long week!

Excellent!

My DH is off today, so we are going to do something together. I'm not sure what exactly, because it's been a busy week and we haven't really had a free moment to plan. - I've just been writing possibilities down on a list for us to pick from this morning. :rotfl:

Yesterday was my first "senior college" class. The nearby university is doing some non-credit seminars for people 50 and up. I found out about it through the library newsletter. Yesterday was part one of four on the psychology of resilience. The instructor had a few technical problems with Zoom at first, so we didn't get through all the planned slides, but it was interesting, and I have optional "homework" to go to another university's website and take a quiz on my strengths.

Yay, I am off today and on Monday. So far I have been dosing on an off on the couch. DH is still working today but will be off on Monday with me. It will be nice to spend the day together for our anniversary on Monday, though the actual day is Saturday. DS's soccer game got moved from 10 am to 5 pm so we won't be able to go out on Saturday. Sunday morning i will doing a 5k at our zoo with a fiend of mine.

Right now I am on hold with the dermatologist. She put me on Dupixent back in July for my eczema and insurance has yet to approve it. The keep rejecting it. They have been giving me samples to use. They told me to call when I used the last one to see about getting more if it is not approved yet. I have left 2 voicemails in the last 2 weeks and they are not returning it and I am getting aggravated. I was supposed to take it yesterday. I am also aggravated that insurance keeps rejecting it. My itching has gotten so much better. My ears used to itch so bad all the time. I always had my finger in my ear trying to itch it. They haven't itched in weeks. I can't remember the last time they itched. DH keeps asking what I will do if it doesn't get approved. He brings up the price (over $3,000 without insurance per shot that is twice a month) and asks if I am willing to pay that. Then gets mad when I get upset with him. I know it is a lot and we cannot afford it so the answer is I won't be able to take it and I go back to being miserable. I am just in a crappy spot with this and he doesn't understand. Hopefully insurance with decided to approve it. The dermatologist has been doing appeals. So now I just sit and wait. I did just get to talk to someone about getting the sample and I they have one for me to pick up today. So I am good for at least 2 more weeks.

I have friends taking these kinds of classes pre pandemic. I haven’t found any that aren’t in the evening and I’m not comfortable driving the highways at night anymore (alone). I would love to take a class. Our book club just started up again so looking forward to that.

MickeyMom76, take care of yourself! A dinner with friends sounds exactly like what you need right now.

Our kids get here tonight-will be crazy but fun.

Ugh... I decided to do the beach drive this morning, for the first time in along time. The sun was just barely coming up, now that the days are shortening. It was a nice peaceful drive except I spent the entire time in negative talk mode. I've come to the realization that I'm not making it all up, I'm reacting to the energy around me, but like @MickeyMom76 I want to figure out how to process it better so I'm not stuck there.

I've been off my healthy eating plan this week. I haven't been logging my food but have continued to eat the same way: the biggest deviation is not being able to get out for walks to burn calories. But this morning the scale showed me the number I was before I did my business trip, so I'm happy about that. I hope to get out for a good long walk tomorrow morning to start the weekend off right.

And I am going to start painting the office this weekend. And getting it totally cleaned up. And hopefully will be able to do some clean up outside as well.

I have friends taking these kinds of classes pre pandemic. I haven’t found any that aren’t in the evening and I’m not comfortable driving the highways at night anymore (alone). I would love to take a class. Our book club just started up again so looking forward to that.

I'm with you on the night driving! I can go familiar places around town if it's important, but anything beyond that bothers me too.

Are you interested in on-line classes?

...the biggest deviation is not being able to get out for walks to burn calories.

Walking definitely makes a difference! Even if I just take the cats out (which is far less a "walk" and far more a "stand around in the yard and read my book, moving a little ways every few minutes" :rotfl: ) just getting outside for that fresh air tends to increase my energy. Then I think I naturally move more as I go about normal tasks around the house.

Yay, I am off today and on Monday. So far I have been dosing on an off on the couch. DH is still working today but will be off on Monday with me. It will be nice to spend the day together for our anniversary on Monday, though the actual day is Saturday. DS's soccer game got moved from 10 am to 5 pm so we won't be able to go out on Saturday. Sunday morning i will doing a 5k at our zoo with a fiend of mine.

Right now I am on hold with the dermatologist. She put me on Dupixent back in July for my eczema and insurance has yet to approve it. The keep rejecting it... The dermatologist has been doing appeals. So now I just sit and wait. I did just get to talk to someone about getting the sample and I they have one for me to pick up today. So I am good for at least 2 more weeks.

It sucks that the insurance is putting up such a fuss.

Happy anniversary, though, and good luck on the 5K!! :cheer2:

I love this idea…but I feel so overwhelmed lately that I’m really not sure what’s left in my cup. I try to hold peace & love in my heart. I try to stay grateful. I like to solve problems and jump in to help others. I have my mirning routine with my workout, prayer time & devotional. But sometimes that bitterness still comes out. Like today I had a meeting planned before school to meet with our team that does small reading groups. We do this every other week. But surprise, our principal decided to have a mandatory school wide meeting. And I’m struggling because I worked hard all week to get progress monitoring done so we could go over the data for our groups. My reaction is definitely bitter. I am, however, grateful for that team and their flexibility to meet next Thursday. Until then we just continue to do what we are doing with these groups. And all is fine. But I get very bitter with changing my plans! I’m not sure what to do about that.

I am also thankful that I was strong enough to step down from being the president of the field hockey booster club. I just feel too overwhelmed with everything. So I’m hopeful that we will some some of the eager freshman parents to step up and take over.

iam also grateful for my small group of neighbor mom friends. We are getting together tonight for my late bday celebration. Take out Chinese food and drinks on the neighbors deck. Something to look forward to after a very long week!
Your feelings are totally valid and understandable. You are allowed to feel any type of way. You are a good person. Cut yourself a break.

Right now I am on hold with the dermatologist. She put me on Dupixent back in July for my eczema and insurance has yet to approve it. The keep rejecting it. They have been giving me samples to use. They told me to call when I used the last one to see about getting more if it is not approved yet. I have left 2 voicemails in the last 2 weeks and they are not returning it and I am getting aggravated. I was supposed to take it yesterday. I am also aggravated that insurance keeps rejecting it. My itching has gotten so much better. My ears used to itch so bad all the time. I always had my finger in my ear trying to itch it. They haven't itched in weeks. I can't remember the last time they itched. DH keeps asking what I will do if it doesn't get approved. He brings up the price (over $3,000 without insurance per shot that is twice a month) and asks if I am willing to pay that. Then gets mad when I get upset with him. I know it is a lot and we cannot afford it so the answer is I won't be able to take it and I go back to being miserable. I am just in a crappy spot with this and he doesn't understand. Hopefully insurance with decided to approve it. The dermatologist has been doing appeals. So now I just sit and wait. I did just get to talk to someone about getting the sample and I they have one for me to pick up today. So I am good for at least 2 more weeks.
I'm sorry you have so many issues with insurance. I hope you get this worked out so that you can get relief indefinitely.

Happy Anniversary!

Last edited:
View attachment 611255
I think we all need to hear this from time to time!
For sure!

One of my student's parents who is constantly complaining and causing trouble forgot to give her son his ice cream money again. So rather than deal with her having another fit and wasting my Friday morning dealing with her nonsense, I paid for his ice cream. I texted her that I did it hoping to receive some good will in return. So, at dismissal, when he wasn't picked up on time, I texted that I was bringing him to the office. As I was leaving, she called me 6 times and wouldn't stop texting complaining that I didn't wait long enough for her to come. I am not standing outside in that neighborhood by myself. Period. She saw one of my colleagues when she picked him up and went off on her. Fortunately, my colleague handled her like a champ. Guaranteed, there will be pushback next week. I refuse to dwell on it any longer. She has already taken up too much time of my weekend.

TGIF!!!!!

043846B2-7FBC-4D3D-9D5C-6F2002B0A91F.jpeg

Last edited:
My favorite costume memory from my own childhood was dressing as a crayon (spring green). My dad made it - mostly from rolled up poster board. It had a pointy hat and all...and while I could walk...if I took small steps, I could not bend. Being picked up and gently stuffed across the back seat of the car was hilarious to my six-year-old self. :rotfl2:

I loved all of DS's when he was little, but my story is the one we still own and soooooomebody (hint::cat: ) still uses to this day. - One year DS wanted to be a turtle "that could really go in it's shell", so I made this puffy thing with fleece and pillow stuffing:
611496 611497

It worked well for Halloween, but eventually, one of our cats found it, and it has been her favorite bed ever since! She crawls right in, and sometimes we see one little paw or the top of a tail peeking out:

Last edited:
My favorite for me was a few years ago we went to a costume fundraiser with neighbors as the gang from Big Bang Theory. I was Amy Farrah Fowler 🤣

I loved all of my kids costumes, but the one that comes to mind is my son as a UPS delivery driver and my daughter as a UPS package.By the end of the night, she was miserable because she couldn’t put her arms down. Flaw in the design. Oops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter