Fall is in the Air - October 2021 W.I.S.H. Challenge

I am a snacker throughout the day because I have very little time to eat at school. I eat a good breakfast and dinner. The hours in between consist of fruit, a protein bar, a protein shake, and a fruit/vegetable smoothie.

I have gotten so used to eating lightly during the day that when I have a normal lunch on the weekend, I am not as hungry for dinner.

I snack on Beachbars, carrots, apples w/pb, almonds during the school day. But at night and on weekends, I’ve been doing more stress snacking lately (cookies & other baked goods from the Italian bakery my daughter works at). I don’t know if it has so much to do with the change of season as much as the start of the school year ;)

Wicked snacker here! The days I go into the office aren't bad as I pack my lunch the night before and small pack containers of snacks. I found caramel apple yogurt covered pretzels at aldis..amazing...but after one bag I have yet to find them again. When I am home though oooffff. I am working on more "mindful" eating where I really think about what I am eating and savor it as opposed to grabbing whatever is handy. I also try to use sweeter drinks in place of snacking when I can...la croix or coconut bai...the occasion diet soda...if its early enough in the day a flavored coffee fills the void without a lot of extra calories, highly recommend caramel apple pie k-cups, definitely dont need any sugar with those!
But by in large I am a snacker, stress eater, bad combo.
And now that it's getting chilly the kids want to bake...guess it's time to revisit chickpea and black bean yummies

I have a few woohoo's today. I forgot to weigh myself of Oct 1 and just assumed I maintained again. On Monday I decided to weigh myself and to my surprise I was down 2.2 pounds since September 1. I was so shocked. I am getting back on track a little more and as the month goes on I will get more time. Soccer for both kids end at the end of next week and then there will only be marching band. That is only 2 night a weeks (Tuesday and Friday). I am sure we will make playoff so I can see band lasting into November. Please be a warm November!

DD played in another soccer game on Monday and YAY!!!! she didn't get hurt. She is starting to feel more a part of the team now. She needs to work more on her stamina after 2 months for nothing. But she will get there.

Also, she had her appointment with the orthopedic on Monday as a follow up to her scoliosis. Good news is that she does not have scoliosis. Her spine was straighter this visit. Scoliosis does not go away so he thinks that she was just standing funny during the x-ray last year. I can see this as it was shortly after her foot surgery last October so I am sure she was not putting her full weight on that foot. She still has a bit of a curve but it is under 10 degrees which anything under 10 is not considered scoliosis.

Woohoo-I am getting my Pfizer booster shot tomorrow. Lots of appointments available at our local CVS Minute Clinic.

Woohoo-our kids are coming to the beach this weekend. I’m off to the grocery store after planning out some meals. Making MickeyMom76’s chicken chili! 0 points on WW and my family loves it.

WOO HOO!!! My two worst naughty boys were both absent today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was a much calmer and productive day. The class actually cheered when I was taking attendance. It clearly wasn’t just me getting a break from the nonsense.

Not feeling very woohoo-y today, about the only thing I can come up with is that there's some sunshine going on out side.

I haven't been feeling great since getting back from my business trip, I'm still tired and sore. Yesterday I somehow ate something that triggered the bad cough so I had to take some Benadryl, then I was up most of the night with a cough and sore throat. Ugh.

I do have an appointment this afternoon with the doctor who bought my doctor's practice... want to go over the stuff from the Cardiologist and also the things that have been happening lately. Hopefully I'll like him, he is modernizing the practice and it looks like he does do some insurance, so that would be nice.

Geeezzz... I wrote this this morning and never posted it. But in the meantime I came up with another woohoo. Was talking with my boss and evidently others have been picking up on the 'vibe' of someone who recently joined the company. I thought it was something I was making when falling in to in my victim/martyr thought patterns, but evidently not since others are picking up the same things.

Oooh, what are those?
Black bean brownies are a big hit with my kids.
Skinny Buckeyes made with chickpeas--i typically add some crushed up rice krispies to get a bit firmer consistency, sometimes a little vanilla protein powder to firm them up too
https://happyhealthymama.com/skinny-buckeyes.html#tasty-recipes-15692-jump-targetThese too, they have the consistency of cookies with nuts without actually having any
https://www.thesugarpixie.net/2010/03/02/deceptively-delicious-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Woohoo-I am getting my Pfizer booster shot tomorrow. Lots of appointments available at our local CVS Minute Clinic.

Woohoo-our kids are coming to the beach this weekend. I’m off to the grocery store after planning out some meals. Making MickeyMom76’s chicken chili! 0 points on WW and my family loves it.
We had the chicken chili for dinner last night! 😋

Today I am thankful that I like the new doctor. He is modernizing the practice, which is nice as old doctor was very old school about things, and has more modern/up-to-date ideas. He had gone thru my chart and already thought of a different thyroid med even before I mentioned that the headaches were back. And he agrees with the cardiologist on the two things she wanted me to start taking, at least short term. I still have to pay out-of-pocket for appointments, but for the time being I am OK with that, just relieved to have someone to go to.

I'm thankful that I've starting to rebound from being so tired post-trip, and looking forward to doing stuff around the house this weekend, including re-painting the office.

I'm thankful that I've been getting "good" sleep reports, mostly from going to bed earlier which is much easier now that sunset is earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter