Fall is in the Air - October 2021 W.I.S.H. Challenge

If I could mix and match the bottom 4 that would be perfect but really depends on the season and what stressing me! Right now a book and blanket, some chocolate and nail polish would win out! It was in the 40s around here this morning so not feeling the outdoors right now! As I age my reaction to cold gets worse.

We’ve been under a wind advisory all weekend and this morning it has finally started, so it is going to be a blanket, book and knitting kind of day. Except that I’m down at the beach right now getting breakfast and have a pedi appointment midday.

The workshop was wonderful and really filled me up. I think there were 8 participants, so plenty of time for everyone to share.

Last week was better mentally and emotionally but I still wasn’t back on track with food and exercise. This morning I decided to bite the preverbal bullet and get on the scale and was only up one pound. Hallelujah.

I had a bit of reaction to the booster shot, to the point of not feeling well but not actually sick. I think it has run its course as I’m better this morning.

Ideal would probably be orange. But I’m taking it easy today. Got a last minute appointment yesterday for my booster. Arm is sore. I didn’t sleep well because I woke up every time I rolled onto my arm. But otherwise I feel ok. Just groggy. Could also be the weather. Or the long week ahead. But I’m taking it easy today making some sensory bags for my kindred to play with this week. So I guess today I’m being more artsy for my rest day ;)

Motivation today is patience. The kids have a distance learning day so I took the day off. MIL and I will be taking turns helping DD with her work and keeping the DSs on track. The older ones also have distance learning CCD which neither of them is in to.
I intend on wearing pants but likely the sweat variety :)

I'll be completely faking the motivation today. It's rainy and dreary, and nothing has to be done this minute. My goal is to use my best energy window this morning to get one important thing done on the computer, and then get some "lower bandwidth" stuff done in the afternoon.

I am motivated this week by the fact that I have a good shot at hitting my workout minutes this month. I only need to get like 23 minutes a day. Should be pretty doable.

My dad came in town this weekend. I hate that he waits until last minute to tell me but it worked out this week. I was able to hang out with him, my grandma and grandpa and my youngest brother (I haven't seen him in almost 2 years). My dad is coming over tonight for dinner. he wants to see the kids. DS was at Cedar Point and DD was just being lazy on Saturday. Then he wants to go the the football game on Friday to see the kids march. This is new for me as he never went to anything of mine growing up but at least he is trying with my kids. I thought the game was going to be an hour away but to my surprise it is at the school I went to and in the town that my dad is staying at. Only 20ish from me. So we will go to that as well. It will be nice to spend time with my dad this week before he heads back to Kentucky.

Am I motivated this morning/week... I'm not really sure. This weekend was such a do-nothing time, I'm pretty sure I was actually sick just not sure if it was a response to the booster or something else. I feel OK this morning, so I'm keeping my two appointments today - one for massage and one for acupuncture. Both should help with feeling even better.

I'm taking Friday off, because I'm at my cap for earning PTO and I'll lose hours if I don't. Been trying to think of what to do, where to go. Sunday I'm still planning on going over to my Niece's to do some natural dyeing, so I need to get some things ready today, because the way I'm going to mordant my fabric has to cure for a week.

I'm going to focus on getting more walking in this week, even if is means bundling up and braving the wind and the rain. If I can get out at least three times, that would be a very good week.

TUESDAY TOPIC

One of the exercises we did in the workshop Saturday was to pack away things from Autumn and bring out things for Winter. With this being the last week of October, I thought we could do the same for the transition in to November.

What are you going to pack away?
What are you going to unpack and bring out?

What are you going to carry forward?

Packing away... October was such an off month for me, but I'm going to let it go and not worry or chastise myself for it. Everything that went sideways is easily righted and put back on track. I think I'll have an actual ceremony where I write the wonky things down and set them on fire.

Bringing out... I haven't done any serious crafting for quite a while, so after the weekend of natural dyeing with my Niece, I am going to use the bits of fabric to sew mushrooms. In addition to the dyeing I'm going to embellish the fabric with block printing and embroidery. Then the assembly of the mushrooms will be kind of fiddly hand work, but I'm just gong to play around with it and have fun.

Carrying forward... I will continue to work on my office, making it a sanctuary where I want to be, not a jumbled storeroom of odds and ends. I still have curtains to put on one of the windows and still have the bookcase to build. I'll work on both Friday, when I am off from work.

What are you going to pack away? - Boredom eating! I've been trying to chew gum instead, but I still slip sometimes.

What are you going to unpack and bring out? - I want to bring some structure to my Mondays and Tuesdays, but I'm not sure exactly how yet.

What are you going to carry forward? - My decluttering project. It's in a "slow and steady" phase right now, and I just need to keep plugging along.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter