Fall is in the Air - October 2021 W.I.S.H. Challenge

My plan for the remainder of the month is to get back on track with walking/outdoors time, eating well/logging food, reading, and losing two pounds by the end of the month. Mercury goes direct today and I'm all on board for that action. What a relief.

Tomorrow the guys will be here to replace the big window in the living room (seal is broken), so I was stressing out last night about "all the chores" I would have to do before having anyone in the house. I had planned an evening of sitting and watching football, but decided to apply the 5-minute rule and get a few things done. Now all that is left for today is to wash up the dishes in the sink, vacuum and move stuff around so that they have easy access to the window. So bonus points for me for successfully applying one of my ADHD management tactics... and for recognizing overwhelm, because "all" those chores were really just a couple things.

Here's a picture of the beach we went to Saturday. It was clay with a thin layer of sand on top, you can see clumps of clay laying around. It was at the southern tip of the peninsula and faced SE into the bay, and was so different than the beaches on the ocean side, and I really enjoyed it.

...but decided to apply the 5-minute rule and get a few things done... So bonus points for me for successfully applying one of my ADHD management tactics... and for recognizing overwhelm, because "all" those chores were really just a couple things.

Good for you!!

I tend to get easily overwhelmed by housework as well. It's not that any particular task is so hard, but more that I can't decide where to start. Your 5 min rule sounds like something I should try!

I had been doing WW for about 3 months and had lost about 30lbs when a friend at work kind of whispered in my ear “you’re looking maaaaarvelous, darling!” At that point it was just the encouragement I needed (weight loss slowing down, holidays coming, stressing about gaining) to stay with the program. I remember smiling the rest of the morning. I know it’s very tricky commenting on someone’s weight, but do you remember a time when someone gave you that little boost and motivation you needed? Have you been the one that brightens someone’s day?

One year we had to set a personal goal at school. We didn’t have to tell anyone what it was except for our accountability partner (who we got to choose). My personal goal was focused on healthy living (I forget the exact wording). But I throughout the year I lost about 15 pounds and really felt good! One day someone at school who I don’t usually get compliments from asked me if my personal goal was a fitness goal because it showed. I was focusing on that goal for me, not others. But it still felt amazing that someone noticed!

I don't typically get a lot of comments. DH lately has been telling me every once in a while that he can tell I lost more weight because my waist has gotten smaller. He told me this last week. It is very nice to hear and does keep me going.

My friend that is having twins sent me a shirt in the mail yesterday to say thank you for being one of the twins godmothers. It is the best shirt ever. It says "This Aunt Runs on Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust" and had Tinker Bell on it. I can't wait to wear it. It was such a surprise too.

This is actually something I've been working on lately... starting with intentionally telling someone something positive about themselves a couple times a week, even if it is as simple as adding a positive comment into a conversation. Like someone tells me something they've just done and I tell them how good they are at that, or good choice, just something more than just acknowledging what they've shared.

This is actually something I've been working on lately... starting with intentionally telling someone something positive about themselves a couple times a week, even if it is as simple as adding a positive comment into a conversation. Like someone tells me something they've just done and I tell them how good they are at that, or good choice, just something more than just acknowledging what they've the
That’s one of the things I miss about working with kids-a sincere compliment that would light up their faces just made my day. Need to incorporate this more in my life now.

I get compliments on my weight loss occasionally, but the funny thing is it's not usually when I am actually losing weight lol. When I am at my lowest, it's basically crickets :laughing:.

Recently, a former colleague came to visit the school, and I got to catch up with her. She struggled with her weight for as long as I knew her, to the point where her knees and hips were seriously affected and she could no longer walk. She finally retired. A couple years later, she is now down 75 pounds, had her surgeries, and looks like a million bucks! When I saw her, I called her "skinny." Her reaction showed her pride and gratitude that somebody noticed.

WOO HOO! Today is Unity Day!
F6DFA123-7586-41D7-90F7-EC0DAE27AB19.jpeg
My students along with students all over the United States will be signing a No Bullying Pledge. We will all wear orange as a sign of unity.

Woo Hoo! Today is our first in-person Read Aloud Day since 2019! My Volunteer of many years is coming to read to my class today, and she will begin tutoring 3 of my most struggling students as well as volunteering once a week with the entire class during Center Time.

I have a feeling that I will be getting emotional throughout today.

I am woohooing that after today it starts my weekend. Kids are off of school Thursday and Friday and I had PTO that I needed to use so I took the days off too. Nothing much going on though. I will take DD to see her boyfriend play in his last football game of the season on Thursday and on Friday I will get my oil changed and go to the last regular season varsity football game to watch the kids in Band. Plenty of time to get my work outs in this weekend.

Now that things are dying down I am feeling more at easy and so much less stress. We are no longer rushing around and not able to eat dinner. Fridays were the worst. We were eating McDonald's at about 11 at night because we were only home for about 15ish minutes between soccer and band. I feel like I can get my workouts in too. Monday I walked on the treadmill for 40ish minutes (It was a work from home day so I also took a walk at lunch). Yesterday I didn't get on the treadmill but kids had band. I could have gotten on but didn't because I knew I was staying at band practice and wanted time to just sit and rest. I will get on today and the rest of the week.

WOO HOO! Today is Unity Day!
View attachment 614788
My students along with students all over the United States will be signing a No Bullying Pledge. We will all wear orange as a sign of unity.

Woo Hoo! Today is our first in-person Read Aloud Day since 2019! My Volunteer of many years is coming to read to my class today, and she will begin tutoring 3 of my most struggling students as well as volunteering once a week with the entire class during Center Time.

I have a feeling that I will be getting emotional throughout today.
These are all wonderful woohoos!

Woohoo... this morning I had my consult to get the filler in the corner of my mouth put back in. He thinks he can do it with 1/2 vial which would keep the cost down, but I'm thinking it would have to be the super-dooper max heaviest strength for just half a vial to work, so I am still prepared to pay for a complete vial.

Woohoo... my job responsibilities are probably going to change again at the beginning of the year, in a way I am quite excited about. Initially the discussions about changing the purpose of the building I just visited were centered around using different functionality in the legacy system I support, but now the conversation is around making that building the first building to be retrofit into the new system we are moving to, in tandem with that system rolling out in the brand new buildings we are opening. Yesterday my Boss asked me if I wanted to drive the retrofit work, and well yes, I absolutely would. Now it is just a waiting game, until the declare on which way we are going to go comes out.

Woohoo... session before last my Counselor had me take a quiz on my 24 personal strengths from a website called Authentic Happiness. The results didn't surprise me, other than to think of them as strengths not characteristics. When I pondered what my life would be/what I would be doing if I really leaned in to them and came back to one of my original childhood ideas of what I would do when I grew up, which was to be a writer. Ideas are already percolating and I've started taking the classes on writing out on Master Class, starting with a class by Judy Blume, which is really hitting the right notes for me.

Woohoo... my Zoom class with Katherine May is this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter