F&W: How Much Do You Spend?

LillsnJills

Mouseketeer
DW and I are planning our next trip, and it will be during F & W, which neither of us have attended before. We're planning to do two "eat around the world" meals - one lunch, one dinner. My question is, what's a reasonable amount to budget for these "meals"? Are portions big enough to share? Or are they a bite or two and done? We're both foodies and will probably try at least one thing each per booth, and neither of us are big drinkers, so we won't be "drinking around the world". I'd guess we'd at most do two drinks each, and probably only one, tbh. I had guesstimated $50 at lunch and $70 at dinner. Does that sound on target, or am I way off?

I would say more. My husband and I did this (in 2 days) in November. We loaded a card with &300 and used it all! This did include quite a few drinks and a couple souvenirs for our kids though. I would say &100 for each time you plan to "eat around the world". I guess it depends on how much you want to taste and how much you drink (the alcohol adds up fast)

My husband and I look forward to F&W and have been every year since 2007. It usually takes us three times to hit all the booths and we usually spend about $100 each time. Sometimes we share a dish other times we each order something and share other times he orders and I decline and visa versa. On the days we do F&W we don't make dinner or lunch ADRs. We start at 11 when they open and usually are to full for dinner.

We usually go over 3 nights and do $50 per night. That covers myself, my DH and son (9). That said, my hubby and son are not adventurous eaters, and will usually end up with Fish and Chips from Yorkshire or Nachos from Mexico to supplement their dinner.

Also, my husband will buy a few beers on his own if we are separated, so $75 seems reasonable to me if you are dividing it up, but I can easily see $100 each if you are trying to do it all in one day!

If you figure one snack at each booth at about $5 each. That adds up. This is the only time of the year we use the DDP. We pay OOP for some cheaper selections. Some are too good to share! :goodvibes But we usually do share and go back for another if needed. Italy had ravioli that we couldn't finish last year! It was big and filling. Canadas filet, we just automatically ordered 2! Have a great time!!

I will usually spend about $250. But I tend to go five or six times during the six week period. And I will very rarely buy any beverages.

Another vote to check out the past menu and make your plan based on that. That should give you a working idea of cost.

We put all of our dining receipts from our 10-day visit in November into a spreadsheet. I'd say that, Festival Marketplace booths alone, we averaged about $100 a day for the two of us. And we don't stay for dinner. We start when the World Showcase opens at 11:00 AM and wander and snack throughout the early afternoon, then stop when we're satisfied. We don't shy away from those pricey mixed drinks, though.

I looked at these menus and there are a lot! Do the menus change each year or do they normally offer the same things?

My wife and I typically share dishes and beverages at the kiosks during our usual week long F&W visit. In the first couple of days its not unusual for us to spend $100 (total) each day as we hit each of the kiosks and try various new/favorite things. Later in the stay this tapers off to something more like $50-$75 as we go back for things we missed or to get more of the really good stuff. Total in a F&W visit? I hate to think but possibly $500 or more over a week.

DH and I did this for a late lunch/early dinner. We shared things at several locations and found portion size to vary a bit - but usually a few bites for each of us on each item. There were also drinks involved - not a ton, but enough to enjoy/compliment some of the food. I think we spent around $100 and still weren't overly full (wound up going to Tangerine Cafe to split a CS meal in the evening).

If you are contemplating DDP, it looks like you can do well with snack credits! We had DDP the two trips prior to our F&W trip and were totally wishing we had it during F&W - lots of the items were snack credits:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter