Explain it to me like I'm 5 please :)

Madame

DIS Veteran
Recently decided to add the rest of the family to a DD & me trip (so went from 2 to 6 ppl).

Neither DH nor mil have an acct. I control everything through a single MDE. I feel the need for a 2nd MDE acct just for ADRs (trying to get a couple difficult ones to secure). I suppose I'll have to set one up for DH.

He already has a DVC login. Do I have to link him to me since his tix, FP, hotel etc are in my MDE? Ugh can someone walk me through this please?

TIA!

Why would you need a second MDE for ADR's? It won't make them any easier to get. I would think it would complicate matters rather than making it simpler. I would worry about stuff not linking correctly.

Why would you need a second MDE for ADR's? It won't make them any easier to get. I would think it would complicate matters rather than making it simpler. I would worry about stuff not linking correctly.
So that I can have a reservation for 4 & a resevation for 2 10-15 mins apart if I can't get a reservation for 6. The system won't let you hold 2 reservations within an hr of each other without cancelling one...

So that I can have a reservation for 4 & a resevation for 2 10-15 mins apart if I can't get a reservation for 6. The system won't let you hold 2 reservations within an hr of each other without cancelling one...
Just set up a dummy account. leave everything the way you have it on your MDE, and set up an account for DH but DON'T link it to yours. WE have ours set up that way for the purposes of SDFP. DH is a family member on my account and has a separate account of his own. When I set him up in my account I told it he didn't have an MDE account. All of his tickets, his room key ect are on my account.

Just set up a dummy account. leave everything the way you have it on your MDE, and set up an account for DH but DON'T link it to yours. WE have ours set up that way for the purposes of SDFP. DH is a family member on my account and has a separate account of his own. When I set him up in my account I told it he didn't have an MDE account. All of his tickets, his room key ect are on my account.
I'm wondering how that'll work when I have to pay with dining credits? & when I input his name cc #, adress etc.

I'm wondering how that'll work when I have to pay with dining credits? & when I input his name cc #, adress etc.
The name doesn't matter. DH has the same name and birth date listed for both. I don't think it the dining credits thing will matter unless it is a prepaid ADR. We have used our dining credits to pay for a meal booked by friends before and had no problems. Lots of people have payed others dining bills with their leftover credits over the years.

The name doesn't matter. DH has the same name and birth date listed for both. I don't think it the dining credits thing will matter unless it is a prepaid ADR. We have used our dining credits to pay for a meal booked by friends before and had no problems. Lots of people have payed others dining bills with their leftover credits over the years.
Excellent! Thanks so much!

It won't matter how you pay. That is handled at the time you eat. They won't care who reserved the table.

So is it the case where you have tables for 2 booked now, and you need to either change them to 6, or add a table for 4? And you're now inside your 180 day window (late additions)? You might not find things this late in the game.

If you're still outside your 180, and you want to do 2 accounts, you'd have to link them to get the +10 since the reservation would have to show on his account.

If you book this on two accounts, you'll be utilizing 2 MDE accounts to make changes or cancellations.

I think this is unnecessarily complicated. I would just use your account, and if you run into the case where you can't find a 6 but you can find a 4 and want to add that to your 2, just call in and a CM will do things like this for you.

It won't matter how you pay. That is handled at the time you eat. They won't care who reserved the table.

So is it the case where you have tables for 2 booked now, and you need to either change them to 6, or add a table for 4? And you're now inside your 180 day window (late additions)? You might not find things this late in the game.

If you're still outside your 180, and you want to do 2 accounts, you'd have to link them to get the +10 since the reservation would have to show on his account.

If you book this on two accounts, you'll be utilizing 2 MDE accounts to make changes or cancellations.

I think this is unnecessarily complicated. I would just use your account, and if you run into the case where you can't find a 6 but you can find a 4 and want to add that to your 2, just call in and a CM will do things like this for you.
We are well inside the 180. I had everything squared away for 2, but last wk added 4 more. Our trip is Jan 1-6.

I've got everything for six - even a BoG diner - but only 4 at B&C and 3 at BoG bkfst. I've been spending hours on MDE though and am using TP reservation finder. I'm just trying to give myself an edge so I can stop stalking MDE.

We are well inside the 180. I had everything squared away for 2, but last wk added 4 more. Our trip is Jan 1-6.

I've got everything for six - even a BoG diner - but only 4 at B&C and 3 at BoG bkfst. I've been spending hours on MDE though and am using TP reservation finder. I'm just trying to give myself an edge so I can stop stalking MDE.

Oh ok, so you're trying to stalk for things and grab quick if you see them... Yeah then a 2nd acct will let you book online and snap them up. No need to link it to yours -- since you're inside 180 days I would keep it separate.

If you're using the reservation finder and clicking the links it gives you it won't make you cancel anything you already have at the same time. So you could have two reservations for the same place at the same time which would enable you to get reservations for 4 to add on to your two that you already have.

If you're using the reservation finder and clicking the links it gives you it won't make you cancel anything you already have at the same time. So you could have two reservations for the same place at the same time which would enable you to get reservations for 4 to add on to your two that you already have.
Really? Every time I have a conflict it makes me choose. Is this only through the TP link? And is it only when the extra ressie is at the exact same time as the current one?

Last edited:
Really? Every time I have a conflict it makes me choose. Is this only through the TP link? And is it only when the extra ressie is at the exact same time as the current one?
Just the TP link. It doesn't matter what time the other one is. It's almost like it doesn't check if you have other reservations if you do it this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter