EXPIRED - Direct Sales Incentives - Summer 2020 - Expanded list!

Interesting. So if I can find a small resale contract I can leverage it for it’s add on benefit and then dump it immediately and likely save far more than the broker fee. 🤔

Honestly I would just call and push them on getting the discount. You have to think they have the power to waive the requirement.

I saw you put BLT on your chart? Is there any information on that incentive?
The reason it’s there is because it’s been mentioned that on the new online add on tool for existing members, there’s a reference to a BLT offer if you call. So far no one who is a member has asked for the offer.

The reason it’s there is because it’s been mentioned that on the new online add on tool for existing members, there’s a reference to a BLT offer if you call. So far no one who is a member has asked for the offer.

I will ask tomorrow then if I get a chance. I was looking at possibly BLT for our add-on so might be interesting as to what they have.

Looks like I am out. I can’t get the math to work for me. I had planned on possibly adding 100 points direct at AKV but there isn’t enough to pay some much more direct. We don’t use annual passes and who knows if any other perks will remain.
The biggest hurdle of resale for me was not staying at new resorts but now that Reflections is off the table I don’t care as much.
I am thinking of now looking for a small resale contract at BLT or GF.

Another thing that changed sometime is the minimum purchase. DRR was increased for an Add-On purchase to 50 points (from 25). Aulani is still at 25. I may call a guide to see if that is accurate. You used to be able to buy 25 if you paid cash and 50 was the minimum for financing.

Looks like I am out. I can’t get the math to work for me. I had planned on possibly adding 100 points direct at AKV but there isn’t enough to pay some much more direct. We don’t use annual passes and who knows if any other perks will remain.
The biggest hurdle of resale for me was not staying at new resorts but now that Reflections is off the table I don’t care as much.

Agree. Since I own at DRR, the direct purchase is really nice because it would let me use those points at DRR. The resale restriction hurts me in the opposite direction because I am not looking to sell. But a resale contract has less value to me because I can never use it at my main resort.

curious......if you were to get transferred points from someone whose points do work at Riviera/Reflections, could you then use those points to book at those resorts?

How many points do you have to add on direct to get a blue card if you’re already a DVC member?
In recent years, you had to have 25 direct points to qualify you then 75pts and now it is 100pts.
If your already a DVC member with qualified points (ie. grandfathered points) you don't need to have purchased direct points, which changed in April of 2016. In April of 2016 all resale points lost there "blue card" perks, I know this because we bought our first contracts resale in May 2016. After April 2016, you needed to buy at least 25 direct points to get "blue card" perks, then it went up a year later to 75 points, and then up to 100 points last spring when RIV went on sale.

So pretty much the "Levels" of membership are a mess, and you need to know when you purchased them.

I'm wondering. If we bought 300 points on the add on membership incentives. Could we get 150 points at Copper Creek and 150 points at Riviera and get the $12,000 off? The discount is the same for both resorts and we are still buying 300 points at the same time.

I'm wondering. If we bought 300 points on the add on membership incentives. Could we get 150 points at Copper Creek and 150 points at Riviera and get the $12,000 off? The discount is the same for both resorts and we are still buying 300 points at the same time.
I was told no, when I asked about doing two resorts. You can split your contract at one resort into multiple contracts and get the incentives, but not across more than one resort. (For example, we are considering 200 CCV points in two 100-point contract to make it easy to leave one each to our two children -- or worse case, make it easier to sell at better price point).

curious......if you were to get transferred points from someone whose points do work at Riviera/Reflections, could you then use those points to book at those resorts?
Yes, I believe so. I bought BWV transferred points, and it gives me BWV home priority as well as its UY and Month, as well as its banking deadlines. I presume then transferring Riviera/Reflections points would allow you to book there at the 11-month priority.

I was told no, when I asked about doing two resorts. You can split your contract at one resort into multiple contracts and get the incentives, but not across more than one resort. (For example, we are considering 200 CCV points in two 100-point contract to make it easy to leave one each to our two children -- or worse case, make it easier to sell at better price point).
What was the other resort you were considering buying that they said no too? Was this yesterday?

What was the other resort you were considering buying that they said no too? Was this yesterday?
It was yesterday. And admittedly I was asking about CCV and AKL, not about two "current" resorts like CCV and RIV. So it might be worth asking if they'd allow it for current resorts.

It was yesterday. And admittedly I was asking about CCV and AKL, not about two "current" resorts like CCV and RIV. So it might be worth asking if they'd allow it for current resorts.
That's probably why though. CCV and AKL have very different discounts. CCV and RIV have the same discounts for 300 points.

Just got the Info for SSR, OKW and AKL via Mail.

discounts per point for Add-Ons:

100-124 Points: 2$
125-149 Points: 4$
150-199 Points: 8$
200-299 Points: 11$
300-499 Points: 13$
500-999 Points: 18$
1000+ Points: 20$

I don’t know if these are also valid until 16th of September

Just got the Info for SSR, OKW and AKL via Mail.

discounts per point for Add-Ons:

100-124 Points: 2$
125-149 Points: 4$
150-199 Points: 8$
200-299 Points: 11$
300-499 Points: 13$
500-999 Points: 18$
1000+ Points: 20$

I don’t know if these are also valid until 16th of September

This is such a bizarre discount and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around it. There was just a price increase in, what, January of this year? That means you could have gotten SSR, OKW, and AKV for cheaper just 6 months ago at any number of points under 150 and the economy was in a far better state, to boot. I mean I guess it's nice they're incentivizing these sold-out resorts at all for people who either can't or won't buy resale (and it shows they're trying to jump start their cash flow), but is anyone buying 150 AKV points for $178/pp ($186 - $8) when you could so easily beat that price on the resale market? Same for OKW and SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter