Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

Just today, dates from August 12 to September 12 opened up. So you may need to monitor these boards and/or the DVC Member website month to month.
Thanks, Carolyn. - WHERE did you see this information??
Please let me know where to keep track of this, and I will keep stalking!! :)

Just want to add an update to what I posted earlier about the 8:00 PM check in time. The MS services rep was very clear that we could not check in prior to 8:00 PM for the Wicked Wind Down event. She said we could come earlier, but it would be first come first serve. Then several hours later I received my confirmation email that reverted back to what folks have reported for the last few weeks. It said to check in any time after 6:00 but no later than 30 minutes before the fireworks.

I'm a bit confused, but I can share this. The MS rep I talked to on the phone went out of her way to make it clear that we could not check in until 8:00 PM for the WWD. I'm guessing that the tables are setting empty for the first couple of hours and this a change to correct that. But I'm not sure how it's going to all play out. We have a reserved table beginning at 8:00 PM. Somehow they are going to have to make that happen. Ejecter seats :goodvibes ?
I like the Ejecter seat idea!

Thanks, Carolyn. - WHERE did you see this information??
Please let me know where to keep track of this, and I will keep stalking!! :)
Actually, I saw it first on DVCnews.com and then here on DISboards. I just tried to find it on the DVC member website - and failed!! So stalk here and on DVCnews.com, because they'll have it quickly!

Just want to add an update to what I posted earlier about the 8:00 PM check in time. The MS services rep was very clear that we could not check in prior to 8:00 PM for the Wicked Wind Down event. She said we could come earlier, but it would be first come first serve. Then several hours later I received my confirmation email that reverted back to what folks have reported for the last few weeks. It said to check in any time after 6:00 but no later than 30 minutes before the fireworks.

I'm a bit confused, but I can share this. The MS rep I talked to on the phone went out of her way to make it clear that we could not check in until 8:00 PM for the WWD. I'm guessing that the tables are setting empty for the first couple of hours and this a change to correct that. But I'm not sure how it's going to all play out. We have a reserved table beginning at 8:00 PM. Somehow they are going to have to make that happen. Ejecter seats :goodvibes ?

I can understand why they may want to allow folks up earlier because some are not getting there at 6 pm...we got there around 7:15 pm the night we did it...but, as you mention, they will have to have a process.

Maybe what they are planning to do is tell those who come under the FCFS that the lounge will close by 7:30 pm for the event? And, if someone who has WWD and gets in under the FCFS gets to stay?

It will be interesting and hopefully, we get some reports from people there in the next week or so with the new rules!

Maybe what they are planning to do is tell those who come under the FCFS that the lounge will close by 7:30 pm for the event?
Or only take walk-ins until 7:00, but telling them they can't have the table for more than an hour. Such time limits are not uncommon with restaurants generally. Oga's has a limit like this (45 minutes if memory serves).

Or only take walk-ins until 7:00, but telling them they can't have the table for more than an hour. Such time limits are not uncommon with restaurants generally. Oga's has a limit like this (45 minutes if memory serves).

That would work too! I And if they have it set up elsewhere then they at least should know how to make it work!

I suspect they make it work by saying "You only get to stay for 45 minutes," and most people just listen.

I am happy to hear about the 8pm check in. I was at WDW last week and I thought about going over at 6pm- but the whole put our name in and maybe get a call back at any point made no sense to me. We weren't staying at BLT so it seemed like it could be a waste of time.

I am going back next month and staying at BLT. I wanted to take my BFF up to have a drink before our dinner reservation at 7:30 at Steakhouse 71. No need for an ejector seat, we will leave before 8pm:).

Just made my reservation for the 31st today - same deal - MS spent longer going over the rules than it took to buy my contract. She said must be at 8 PM - but must be 30 min prior to the fireworks so that is a small window. The email makes more sense:

• Check-in Time is any time after 6pm until 30 minutes before fireworks start. Members who DO NOT arrive at least 30 minutes prior to fireworks will forfeit their reserved seating

I admit I just browsed through this thread, sorry if asking for repeat of info. From what I'm seeing we can still use the lounge like we used to, without paying for the special event, but do we now need a reservation just to go up there for a drink? TIA, Dee

I admit I just browsed through this thread, sorry if asking for repeat of info. From what I'm seeing we can still use the lounge like we used to, without paying for the special event, but do we now need a reservation just to go up there for a drink? TIA, Dee

You don’t need a reservation but because of the event, many peop,e had to go on a waitlist to be let up, depending if event was sold out.

Some nights it wasn’t until 9 pm they got the text, hours later. They seem to have adjusted things a bit to let people in earlier and move the event check in to 8 pm.

It might help those wanting to visit but not stay long or for fireworks.

Today I received another email regarding our 9/03 Wicked Wind Down reservation. Just to recap what occurred before - I was told on the phone we couldn't check in prior to 8 PM, but then received an email confirmation stating check in began at 6 PM. The MS rep on the phone was so adamant that 8 PM was the correct time that I pretty much just assumed the email hadn't been updated to state the new rules. Well here is the first paragraph of the email I received today:

"Thank you for reserving Wicked Wind Down at Top of the World Lounge- A Villains Lair. There was an error in your last confirmation email for the arrival time for this event. Please take note that check in time is 8pm at the ground floor Top of the World arrival desk at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort."

So there it is in writing. WWD begins at 8 PM. Therefore it seems as if anyone wanting to come up for a drink and snack prior to that should be able to subject to availability.

Today I received another email regarding our 9/03 Wicked Wind Down reservation. Just to recap what occurred before - I was told on the phone we couldn't check in prior to 8 PM, but then received an email confirmation stating check in began at 6 PM. The MS rep on the phone was so adamant that 8 PM was the correct time that I pretty much just assumed the email hadn't been updated to state the new rules. Well here is the first paragraph of the email I received today:

"Thank you for reserving Wicked Wind Down at Top of the World Lounge- A Villains Lair. There was an error in your last confirmation email for the arrival time for this event. Please take note that check in time is 8pm at the ground floor Top of the World arrival desk at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort."

So there it is in writing. WWD begins at 8 PM. Therefore it seems as if anyone wanting to come up for a drink and snack prior to that should be able to subject to availability.
Thank you for the update. This seems like a good compromise. It seemed silly to leave tables empty for an hour and a half+ waiting for people. From a Disney point of view, it maximizes their profits- guaranteed revenue through reservations and keeping tables open for turn over before the event. If you have a reservation you can still go up early if there is space, but you pay extra for drinks etc...

Thank you for the update. This seems like a good compromise. It seemed silly to leave tables empty for an hour and a half+ waiting for people. From a Disney point of view, it maximizes their profits- guaranteed revenue through reservations and keeping tables open for turn over before the event. If you have a reservation you can still go up early if there is space, but you pay extra for drinks etc...

I agree. It makes sense.

I got the very same email today,

Staying at VGF mid-October with a girlfriend, and want to bring her to TOTWL, possibly for fireworks of maybe just for a cocktail. In either case, 2 questions:

- Will likely be going one of the nights that MK is running MNSSHP (we’re not attending MNSSHP). Do fireworks run at the same time on those evenings and if not how do we think the TOTWL procedure will change? Meaning if they are offering the $55 reservation on those nights, I assume they would alter the time of the reservation?

- If we choose to go without a reservation, what is the 6pm waitlist procedure? You have to go to the podium in person, put your name on a waitlist, and then what? Do you get a call back, how long do they give you to return to the premises etc?

Many thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter