Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

We're hopeful to take our friends up just to see the view next week. They don't drink and we won't be staying for fireworks. I really hope they will let us up. We plan on being there between 5:30-5:45 to check in. We do not have a reservation for the lounge. We're staying at BCV on points with our friends.
Please let us know how out works out.

We will be there next week, and would just like to go up for fireworks. What is the policy now for guests? My cousin and his kids will be staying at the Contemporary. If that's allowed, how many guests can accompany a blue-card member? (My husband and I will be staying at BLT on points.)

We will be there next week, and would just like to go up for fireworks. What is the policy now for guests? My cousin and his kids will be staying at the Contemporary. If that's allowed, how many guests can accompany a blue-card member? (My husband and I will be staying at BLT on points.)

Only those on your reservation are allowed up with you.

So, according to the rules, your family from the CR will not be eligible to join you.

We are thinking of trying this in September. We probably wouldn't want to do the reserved table. If we go up at 9:00 (or whatever time fireworks are in September) can we stay after and order food at the bar but sit and eat it at the outdoor tables? That pretzel looks big enough to fill up my family. If we get two of those and cake, that would take the place of dinner.

We are thinking of trying this in September. We probably wouldn't want to do the reserved table. If we go up at 9:00 (or whatever time fireworks are in September) can we stay after and order food at the bar but sit and eat it at the outdoor tables? That pretzel looks big enough to fill up my family. If we get two of those and cake, that would take the place of dinner.

Yes, ordering food and drinks is possible without the reservation. We haven’t yet heard whether WWD event is being continued beyond the 11th of August.

Fwiw, we canceled our WWD reservation. It was VERY difficult to do, and end the end.. it wasn’t even canceled apparently since they called today to confirm. Which they then canceled. We canceled bc our vegetarian was not happy with the options for her.

I completely misunderstood how this whole thing works now and we were disappointed not to be able to go up tonight. I thought that we could go at 9 and they would rustle up everyone waiting in the elevator lobby to see the fireworks and take them up, but this is not the case. I think I just misread or misunderstood or something.

So, if you JUST want to see fireworks and you don't have a reservation for that wicked wind down thing, you're going to have to put your name on the walk up list for a table in the lounge. You MUST do this at 6 PM because it does get full. It's a bummer because I literally waked past the kiosk at 6 PM and thought that I shouldn't put my name on because I didn't want to buy anything because we just wanted fireworks. My bad for not clarifying with the host stand.

At 9 PM anyone who didn't get a call back on the wait list will be taken up. If you aren't on the walk up wait list though, you cannot go up to watch fireworks. Let me repeat that once more for everyone so nobody else makes the mistake we did.

YOU CANNOT GO UP TO JUST WATCH FIREWORKS WITHOUT A PRIOR RESERVATION/WICKED WIND DOWN PACKAGE OR WITHOUT YOUR NAME ON THE WALK UP WAIT LIST FOR THE LOUNGE.

I find this pretty disappointing because there's so much space up there. She flat out said that they want to keep it with fewer people to make it a special VIP package for those that "paid for an exclusive experience." *insert eye roll* But I guess as long as people are willing to pay, they will continue with this. She said they are limiting it to under 100 people.

I completely misunderstood how this whole thing works now and we were disappointed not to be able to go up tonight. I thought that we could go at 9 and they would rustle up everyone waiting in the elevator lobby to see the fireworks and take them up, but this is not the case. I think I just misread or misunderstood or something.

So, if you JUST want to see fireworks and you don't have a reservation for that wicked wind down thing, you're going to have to put your name on the walk up list for a table in the lounge. You MUST do this at 6 PM because it does get full. It's a bummer because I literally waked past the kiosk at 6 PM and thought that I shouldn't put my name on because I didn't want to buy anything because we just wanted fireworks. My bad for not clarifying with the host stand.

At 9 PM anyone who didn't get a call back on the wait list will be taken up. If you aren't on the walk up wait list though, you cannot go up to watch fireworks. Let me repeat that once more for everyone so nobody else makes the mistake we did.

YOU CANNOT GO UP TO JUST WATCH FIREWORKS WITHOUT A PRIOR RESERVATION/WICKED WIND DOWN PACKAGE OR WITHOUT YOUR NAME ON THE WALK UP WAIT LIST FOR THE LOUNGE.

I find this pretty disappointing because there's so much space up there. She flat out said that they want to keep it with fewer people to make it a special VIP package for those that "paid for an exclusive experience." *insert eye roll* But I guess as long as people are willing to pay, they will continue with this. She said they are limiting it to under 100 people.

Thanks for sharing, I didn’t realize the people who had been let up at 9 pm had been on a waitlist.

But, it was posted that they were told the party would not be continued? I guess we will know soon as it ends on Aug 11th.

Ended up going up on July 11th while staying at BRV and after dinner at Chef Mickey's I think it was a little after 9pm and we went straight up to the viewing deck. We didn't have any reservations and the hostess just asked to see my Digital DVC card. It was a cool space and would definitely go back for a drink, but we didn't have the time that night.

Only complaint was they left all the deck lights on during the fireworks. Would've preferred them to be at least dimmed.

Ended up going up on July 11th while staying at BRV and after dinner at Chef Mickey's I think it was a little after 9pm and we went straight up to the viewing deck. We didn't have any reservations and the hostess just asked to see my Digital DVC card. It was a cool space and would definitely go back for a drink, but we didn't have the time that night.

Only complaint was they left all the deck lights on during the fireworks. Would've preferred them to be at least dimmed.

Thanks for the update. I will be staying at VGF next week and would love to go up. I haven’t been there since 2013 and I own at BLT.😎👍🏻

I don't see them ending WWD as long as it is selling well most nights. That's guarantee cash, versus hoping that whoever comes up gets cake and cocktail.

While I was reading the DPB announcement this morning on the Halloween snacks, it struck me that Disney Halloween starts 8/12. As the Wicked Wind Down is only scheduled up to 8/11 (so far), I wonder if they are going to try to tie it into a Halloween theme beginning 8/12. It's not a big leap to go from Villains to Halloween, or maybe the Villains' Halloween Celebration?

Just a thought. We really want to check it out during our Labor Day Weekend trip, so hopefully they will add some more dates soon.

While I was reading the DPB announcement this morning on the Halloween snacks, it struck me that Disney Halloween starts 8/12. As the Wicked Wind Down is only scheduled up to 8/11 (so far), I wonder if they are going to try to tie it into a Halloween theme beginning 8/12. It's not a big leap to go from Villains to Halloween, or maybe the Villains' Halloween Celebration?

Just a thought. We really want to check it out during our Labor Day Weekend trip, so hopefully they will add some more dates soon.
That sounds fun! Hope it happens! Holiday theme could follow! Lots of possibilities not too hard for them to make happen.

Last edited:

So either July 11 was one of the dates that they had a "miscommunication" about or something has changed since then. But this appears not to fly any more.

Thanks for the update. I will be staying at VGF next week and would love to go up. I haven’t been there since 2013 and I own at BLT.😎👍🏻
Make sure you get on the wait list at 6 PM or they will not let you up.

So either July 11 was one of the dates that they had a "miscommunication" about or something has changed since then. But this appears not to fly any more.

Wouldn't surprise me as that was the very first day it reopened (notwithstanding the Cosplay party they had the weekend before).

I’m sorry
How much does this cost?
And what is it m confused lol

I see 6pm free waitlist to go up at 9?
Thanks

I’m sorry
How much does this cost?
And what is it m confused lol

I see 6pm free waitlist to go up at 9?
Thanks

The current special event, Wicket Wind Down, is $55/person. You call MS to reserve, but it ends Aug 11th…no word if it is being extended yet…

If it is not, then there is nothing to reserve any more and you simply show up…if it’s full, you go on a waitlist and they text you when there is room.

If it is continued, then you can pay for the event which guarantees your table until 30 minutes before fireworks.

In that case, any night it is sold out, chances are when you go on the waitlist, you won’t get called back until closer to 9:00 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter