• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Experiencing the Reimagined Top of the World Lounge - A Villains Lair!

This is super, super helpful, thanks! I'm on the fence about whether to cancel or not - we are booked for Friday which is a NSSHP night, which means the fireworks are > 1 hour later than usual. We have a 9yo, and a 6yo with a tree nut allergy, and I'm worried they won't be able to hang long enough to enjoy the fireworks. I would guess I'm probably leaning towards cancelling.
It's totally up to you but I would not have done it for us if I had known better. For us it cost about as much as dinner at Topolino's which is a much better dining experience! However, you do get to see the MNSSHP fireworks which is neat if you're not attending the party.

It's totally up to you but I would not have done it for us if I had known better. For us it cost about as much as dinner at Topolino's which is a much better dining experience! However, you do get to see the MNSSHP fireworks which is neat if you're not attending the party.
Coincidentally, we had a great dinner at Topolino's last night, which was very welcome because we had less than great experiences at Space 220 and Steakhouse 71 on prior evenings.

This is making me lean even more toward canceling.

Does anyone recall if they pipe in the Halloween fireworks music at Top of the World since it's become The Villains Lair? I didn't want to assume some logistics were the same since the reopening. :) Thanx!

Does anyone recall if they pipe in the Halloween fireworks music at Top of the World since it's become The Villains Lair? I didn't want to assume some logistics were the same since the reopening. :) Thanx!

I know they pipe in the music for the regular ones so I assume that they do?

My wife and I have been BLT owners since shortly after it opened. I remember when it was just BLT guests staying on points that could go up. We don't really care about watching the fireworks. We would usually go up for a drink or two right after they opened before going out to dinner. Will we still be able to do that with the new system?

My wife and I have been BLT owners since shortly after it opened. I remember when it was just BLT guests staying on points that could go up. We don't really care about watching the fireworks. We would usually go up for a drink or two right after they opened before going out to dinner. Will we still be able to do that with the new system?

If you are eligible for membership extras..DVC Y…ie blue card.. then yes, as long as it’s not full.

If it is, then it’s waitlist only and they will text when you can get in.

Sounds like you still own the BLT contracts from 2009 so you would be eligible!

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, I think it was in 2009 when we bought our BLT points. Our first stay was in Sept of 2010. We were glad when they opened up the lounge to all DVC members staying on points so they would be busier. Before then the lounge was very slow except for the 30 mins before fireworks. I knew that if Disney wasn't making enough money on the location they would take it away. We took it as our "duty" to go early and have a few drinks. :)

The really crazy thing was the first few years when we used our Tables in Wonderland card the manager of the Wave had to come up to the lounge to approve the discount.

I am wondering the same. We have reservations this coming Monday which is a party night.

We're coming in October and I'd like to visit the lounge on our first night, 10/16 - which is a party night, and I believe they've now announced that the party fireworks will be earlier so now I wonder how it will change the check in time for the lounge..

and I'd even do the Villain experience but right now it's only going through Sept 12th.....and if they extend it until Oct. 12th and I come on Oct 16th, then I have to wait again..

:headache:

We're coming in October and I'd like to visit the lounge on our first night, 10/16 - which is a party night, and I believe they've now announced that the party fireworks will be earlier so now I wonder how it will change the check in time for the lounge..

and I'd even do the Villain experience but right now it's only going through Sept 12th.....and if they extend it until Oct. 12th and I come on Oct 16th, then I have to wait again..

:headache:
Same issues here. We'd like to go on 9/18 and were anxiously awaiting the new dates, and then they only went through 9/12 :rolleyes1 The 18th is also a party night, and now I can't decide if I want to try and get there early just to get a feel for the lounge, or book the Wind Down. Assuming we're allowed to park in BLT's lot even if we don't have a reservation?

Assuming we're allowed to park in BLT's lot even if we don't have a reservation?
That would be a no.

Too many people would try use the lot to park for the party so that they have an easy exit at the end of the night. They're pretty strict at CR and BLT. Parking is restricted to guests staying at CR and BLT, and those with reservations.

Same issues here. We'd like to go on 9/18 and were anxiously awaiting the new dates, and then they only went through 9/12 :rolleyes1 The 18th is also a party night, and now I can't decide if I want to try and get there early just to get a feel for the lounge, or book the Wind Down. Assuming we're allowed to park in BLT's lot even if we don't have a reservation?

They have updated the rules that people visiting TOTWL are allowed to park there. I assume you have to arrive after it’s open.

That would be a no.

Too many people would try use the lot to park for the party so that they have an easy exit at the end of the night. They're pretty strict at CR and BLT. Parking is restricted to guests staying at CR and BLT, and those with reservations.
Rules have changed. Parking is allowed for TOTWL.

ETA: Here is what it says:

Hours of Operation and Parking

Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair is open from 6:00 PM to midnight daily, subject to capacity restrictions and operating hours.

Check-in time starts at 5:45 PM.

Complimentary parking for eligible Members begins at 5:00 PM, pending availability. Eligible Members must present a digital Member Card and photo ID at security to confirm accessibility.

Please be aware that the lounge may include blockout dates, such as holidays (July 4th, New Year’s Eve, etc.) and special event nights.

Last edited:
I tried to get up there after fireworks on a recent visit to WDW early this month, I was staying at VGF. But when I got to the podium around 10:00pm, there was no room. I was told by a BLT CM earlier in my stay that if I came after there usually is room. The CM said, definitely come at 5:45pm to register any night. You need your DVC a digital ID. I have mine my Apple Wallet, and that work so well at all the restaurants and shops.

I will be back at the end of September and planning on being at the podium early one night. I am more interested in seeing the lounge then the fireworks.👍🏻😎✨💫

Went tonight - got there at 7 and was let up right away ( had WWD reservation) - The food was good, and the staff is attentive, however, it is a bad place to view the fireworks show due to the angle - the people viewing from the bridge get a better angle. The WDW show requires head-on viewing since so much is projection. Especially in the downpour, you can't see the castle.

I would not do it again.

Top of the World Lounge – A Villains Lair is open from 6:00 PM to midnight daily, subject to capacity restrictions and operating hours.

Complimentary parking for eligible Members begins at 5:00 PM, pending availability. Eligible Members must present a digital Member Card and photo ID at security to confirm accessibility.

Please be aware that the lounge may include blockout dates, such as holidays (July 4th, New Year’s Eve, etc.) and special event nights.
Thank you! Great information. If we decide to go, I'll report back on our experience.

Honestly, you can't see the projections unless you are in the park. I think GF has a much better view in the marina area or the boat dock.

I really don't get WWD. You would not watch the fireworks from inside at your table. I hope we just go back to the old way. I was always told there might not be a table, but I was allowed up. No reservation or running over to sign up required.

Honestly, you can't see the projections unless you are in the park. I think GF has a much better view in the marina area or the boat dock.

I really don't get WWD. You would not watch the fireworks from inside at your table. I hope we just go back to the old way. I was always told there might not be a table, but I was allowed up. No reservation or running over to sign up required.

They seem to be limiting people us based on tables before and after fireworks, especially since those who paid for WWD are allowed to hang out at the tables from 8 pm until close..earlier if the show up and still open tables.

This is awesome that this changed! So many DVC owners drive to Disney, so I really appreciate that we can now drive to use one of our DVC perks! I will be trying this out in a few weeks, parking at BLT without a reservation to just use TOTWL, I will let people know how it goes at the end of Sept!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter