Experiences with ROFR at OKW Resort

Jason_79

Mouseketeer
Good Morning everyone,

I am hoping for some feedback regarding anyone's experiences with ROFR at OKW.

I looked thought the existing thread and it shows contracts that passed ROFR. However, I am hoping for some feedback/experiences that anyone has with their offers being taken back on ROFR and the offer per point that it was taken.

We recently had an offer accepted at OKW on a 135 Point Add-On, offer accepted at $90 per point.

2019 - 0 Points / 2020 - 0 Points / 2021 - 117 Points

It was a contract that had been reduced twice (because of stripped down points I assume), and since I wasn't necessarily expecting the offer to be accepted right away, I am wondering if the seller just really needed to sell regardless.

In addition to any experiences anyone has with similar OKW contract offers, what are your thoughts on our chances of this passing ROFR. I personally think it is a low point amount that will most certainly be taken back by Disney.

Thanks in advance everyone,

@Jason_79 if you look at the current (and past) ROFR threads, and scroll down beyond the list of contracts that passed ROFR, you'll see additional sections for "Waiting" and "Taken". That'll be your best source of data for your question on historical ROFR take backs.

My thought on this passing ROFR? Well, it looks like Disney tends to take a lot of contracts below around $96 per point, so I'd say your chances are pretty high of not passing ROFR. I'd keep searching for the next best contract for you, just in case.

@Jason_79 if you look at the current (and past) ROFR threads, and scroll down beyond the list of contracts that passed ROFR, you'll see additional sections for "Waiting" and "Taken". That'll be your best source of data for your question on historical ROFR take backs.

My thought on this passing ROFR? Well, it looks like Disney tends to take a lot of contracts below around $96 per point, so I'd say your chances are pretty high of not passing ROFR. I'd keep searching for the next best contract for you, just in case.
Oh wow, I feel like an idiot, as I only looked at the first section of each, instead of scrolling all the way down! haha

That being said, I fully expect this contract at OKW to be taken back by Disney.

Ah well, there's lots out there, another one will pop up one day!

Thanks again!

I can’t see the thread for waiting or taken. How do I find this? I did a search and nothing popped up.

I have not filled out the form on this site. But in the last three months had two properties taken October use year. At $93 and $91. I have one out for ROFR. At $90 that I should hear back early this week. I expect it to be taken but the price was worth the effort. Good luck!

Some tactics that buyers do is to pay the higher asking price, but ask the seller to cover the closing cost or MF. Your out of pocket might be the same (depending on contract) and you get a contract submitted at a higher price point.

Some tactics that buyers do is to pay the higher asking price, but ask the seller to cover the closing cost or MF. Your out of pocket might be the same (depending on contract) and you get a contract submitted at a higher price point.
I heard, through these boards, that ROFR scrutinizes that approach ??

I heard, through these boards, that ROFR scrutinizes that approach ??

If they are looking at total, then you are right, that tactic won't work out for ROFR process. Maybe it's a tactic for the buyer to get that indirect lower price per point that the seller might not understand.

#3 taken today. Will keep trying and maybe try a different strategy. $93, $91, $90
Wow! That's crazy and kinda sucks.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the details of the contracts you put offers on that were taken by Disney?

Ours went to ROFR today, and we have no doubt that it will be bought back from Disney. I've read on the Disboards FB group that alot of OKW contracts are being bought back. Basically anything 2042 expiry.

Wow! That's crazy and kinda sucks.

If you don't mind me asking, what are the details of the contracts you put offers on that were taken by Disney?

Ours went to ROFR today, and we have no doubt that it will be bought back from Disney. I've read on the Disboards FB group that alot of OKW contracts are being bought back. Basically anything 2042 expiry.
I was also wondering when you sent it, etc.

Just wanted to update this small thread with confirmation that Disney exercised their ROFR and took this OKW contract.

I didn't think we would get it. $90/per point is really low. Ah well.

I am still waiting- over 2 week. Looks like ROFR is taking a little over 3 weeks these days . Paid $104 October use year still. For a loaded contract. If that gets taken. Likely ..out for while

I am still waiting- over 2 week. Looks like ROFR is taking a little over 3 weeks these days . Paid $104 October use year still. For a loaded contract. If that gets taken. Likely ..out for while
Price per point? if you want to tell me.

Good news bad news. Stock market is way down. But ROFR passed. $104. 210 points Oct use year. With 2018 and 2019 points. I know, I know first world problem!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!