Experiences with going End of Sept-early Oct?

We went Oct 7-14 last year, and the weather was awesome. We found the crowds to be great as well, with the exception of Epcot's World Showcase due to the Food and Wine Festival. The buildings were empty, but getting to them was a pain.

We also went Sept 17 in 2004 (between two hurricanes!), and it was empty (probably due to the hurricanes!). There was only one day where it was miserable - Epcot (of course!). It was 104' according to the car temp guage. We had to keep stopping to wipe ourselves down with napkins! haha

We're planning for the last week of Sept this year as well. We love Epcot, so we're hoping to spend time there before the F&W starts.

Hearing that it is not as hot as the summer is reassuring...I was down in The Orlando area one year in June and found it pretty hot. Would you say it's a little cooler than June weather? How about the humidity comparison?

I have not been to Orlando in the summer. We tend to go during the cooler months. We did go the end of Sept a couple of years ago and it was HOT and HUMID!! A couple of days the actual temp was in the mid 90's and the humidity was high! We are from the south so we are used to it but we were miserable.

The prices are lower in September because that is still peak hurricane season, along with late August. Our wedding anniversary is the final week in September, and until the kids started school that used to be our usual time to visit.

You will almost certainly get rain, but rain is good because it shortens the lines and cuts the humidity. Bring sports sandals and thin ponchos and just keep going. The humidity will generally stay high during rainy season and peak shortly before a squall; if it seems unbearable just before you head into a ride, expect to come out and find that it rained while you were inside.

There may still be some Love Bugs around; you can usually gauge by when the spring flight is; if the spring flight is early the fall one will be early as well, but if the spring flight is later, then they will usually linger longer into September.

We went the last week of Sept. 2011 and had great weather- high 80's and some humidity, but nothing compared to summer months. We had one late afternoon/evening of non-stop rain, but otherwise it was dry. I was worried about the love bugs, but they were not a nuisance at all. We'd see them flying around, the kids would get a good laugh, and they'd move on. They would not prevent me from going that time of year.

We went again mid-October 2012 and had the most beautiful weather- very low humidity. I couldn't believe it was Florida. But the day we left, the humidity returned and stuck around (we had friends who went that week). So you just never know.

So we're scrapping the June trip for better weather and less crowds :-) I've been getting quotes and researching the heck out of when to go! It looks like the best deals are during the value season which ends the first week of Oct. So we're looking at Sept 29-Oct 7. Anyone been during this time frame?

We went in late September a few years ago, and it was one of my favorite trips to date. The crowds were low, the weather was pleasant (at least to a Floridian) and the Food & Wine festival was having a soft opening. We loved it!

We went late Sept 2009. The crowds weren't that bad but it was CRAZY hot. DS1 was only 5 months at the time and it was so uncomfortable.

So we're scrapping the June trip for better weather and less crowds :-) I've been getting quotes and researching the heck out of when to go! It looks like the best deals are during the value season which ends the first week of Oct. So we're looking at Sept 29-Oct 7. Anyone been during this time frame?

Haven't been on those dates yet, but we are booked for those dates this year for F&W :thumbsup2

We went for those approximate dates several times, until the year a hurricane joined us. Once it left, everything was fine on property and probably the crowds were less because other people cancelled. We won't go in the fall again.

Last trip we went at the end of July, early August. The weather wasn't all the much different than it is here. We are going back again this summer. We have a convention.

We went for our very first time last year, last week of September to first week of October. It was HOT and HUMID! As soon as we would step out of an air conditioned building, the heat would smack us in the face! I'm from Canada, so take my words with a grain of salt as I'm used to much cooler and drier weather! ;) But it was like being in a sauna. All of our pics show a very flushed, sweaty crowd. The day we went to Epcot was brutal, almost unbearable. We even sat in on a concert of an artist we didn't care for just to be able to sit down! ;) Now don't think of this as a negative review! It's all in the attitude! I made up a cheesy mantra that I would repeat to myself when I stepped out of a building: "Embrace the heat!" I kept in mind that in less than a month I'd be shivering in the snow at home and this helped me to keep perspective! ;) A few things to keep in mind and you'll be fine! When you can't take the heat, go on a long indoor ride, even if it's just for the air conditioning. And drink LOTS of water! I didn't force my 8-year-old to drink enough and we had a huge scare and almost ended up in Emergency our last night because of it. :(

The crowds were fine, we rarely waited for rides (between low crowds and fast passes).. for example, we walked right onto Pirates of the Caribbean both times we went on, etc. This was a really nice surprise as I was expecting lots of line waiting!!

It rained about once per day, but it was not terribly bothersome, we bought a rain jacket to put over our stroller and waited out the rain either under a patio, in the Tiki Room, etc... plenty of places to find cover before the rain stopped.

I never noticed these love bugs you speak of, and I am terrified of bugs and definitely would have noticed! ;) In fact, the first comment about them: "the love bugs are out and are annoying" I mistakenly assumed was a comment about a higher volume of newlyweds etc being there around that time of year, until a later poster mentioned googling them, lol!

Something to keep in mind which I'm assuming is because of the slow season, is there were not a lot of Photopass people at the parks. More in the Magic Kingdom, but you had to look to find them. I hear you pay a flat rate for all photos and to take as many as possible because of it, but here just weren't many around so you couldn't count on them being around. Also, Hollywood Studios was dead the evening we went, most of the shows had their last showing mid afternoon, so if there are certain things you want to take in, make sure to get to the parks early. Even though one entire side of Hollywood Studios was so empty that it felt like a ghost town, we walked around the corner and the Toy Story ride had several hours long of a wait, and no fast passes left. That's where most of the people in the park seemed to be!

Would I go back again during that time? YES! We had a fabulous time and if you can get past the humidity and just plan to deal with it, there should be very few issues! The thrill of being in Disney World more than makes up for any "drawbacks"! :)

We went the week of Oct 5 in 11'. Perfect weather!!! Shorts / tanks or tshirts. Cooled down at night. We had one day of rain. Didn't really need sunblock. We applied a little in am & were good all day. The lines weren't bad. Longer the rides you'd expect, like soarin. Space mtn. but not bad on most! We would definitely go back in October!

I've gone twice in September, and would do it again in a heartbeat! :lovestruc

Heat was no worse than a hot summer day here in Ohio. I can handle that. Plus Disney usually releases Free Dining for September. Awesome deal, no crowds, walk right onto the rides w/no wait. What's not to like?

Did not see Love Bugs 1st trip. 2nd trip we saw them at the speedway car ride in MK, no where else.

We went 2 years ago at that time. It was hot and humid and we sweated the whole time and the love bugs were everywhere. No rain at all. There were no lines for anything and we were able to do MNSSHP without crowds. Despite the heat I would still go at that time.

We have gone this time 7 of the last 9 years or so! We have not had issues dealing with the humidity and there are plenty of places to escape for some cool air...we have participated in the race weekend activities twice and will do it again! We hit the parks at rope drop usually and then take an afternoon break before heading back to the parks for the evening....we have had very few incidents of real rain - only once can I remember actually needing a poncho....my favorite trick is to bring some washcloths. - wet them and freeze them...we put them in a small cooler bag we take with us and the are the perfect way to freshen up before lunch!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter