Experiences with going End of Sept-early Oct?

Momma2PrinceNPrinces

DIS Veteran
So we're scrapping the June trip for better weather and less crowds :-) I've been getting quotes and researching the heck out of when to go! It looks like the best deals are during the value season which ends the first week of Oct. So we're looking at Sept 29-Oct 7. Anyone been during this time frame?

So we're scrapping the June trip for better weather and less crowds :-) I've been getting quotes and researching the heck out of when to go! It looks like the best deals are during the value season which ends the first week of Oct. So we're looking at Sept 29-Oct 7. Anyone been during this time frame?

We went the middle of October. It was nice! We had beautiful warm weather. The crowds were good -- compared to what they can be.

I'm interested in hearing these answers as well...we will be there for the last half of September. I keep hearing stories of the heat/humidity/rain and I'm ready to hear that it's going to be fine!

We went the last week in September about 3 years ago. The weather was good - still hot and you get a daily rain shower, however the crowd levels were down. The love bugs are out and are annoying, but other than that we had a great time.

The last time we went was the first week in September - still hot and crowd levels were even less. And no love bugs....:cool1:

We've gone in Oct many times.

This past Oct is was super hot and humid. Then years ago it was record breaking lows. It was so cold we had to go shopping for clothes.

For the most part we love to go that time of year.

The love bugs are usually gone by then. If you go end of Sept, they may still be around.

ElenaRN said:
We've gone in Oct many times.

This past Oct is was super hot and humid. Then years ago it was record breaking lows. It was so cold we had to go shopping for clothes.

For the most part we love to go that time of year.

The love bugs are usually gone by then. If you go end of Sept, they may still be around.

Omg I've never heard of love bugs and just googled. Ick!

We went last year during the second week of September and this year we are going during the third week.

Yes it is hot. It is not as hot as June/July/August bit still mid 80's to 90. And its humid but reasonable. It rained almost every afternoon but 10 minutes after everything was dry and fine. We didn't have umbrellas or ponchos as it took less than 10 mins to dry. That's a good gauge of humidity is how long it takes you to dry.

Stacy

We went during that time frame a couple of years ago. The crowds were great! We loved that part but it SO hot and humid!! It was miserable a couple of days.

kalc12345 said:
We went during that time frame a couple of years ago. The crowds were great! We loved that part but it SO hot and humid!! It was miserable a couple of days.

Same here. We won't do it again.

We went the last week of september and will be going again next september. We had a great time. We spent the mornings in the park with our 2.5 year old, then when it started to get really hot we just went back to the pool and then napped. The hottest part of the day my guy spent napping, so the heat wasn't a factor for us. We loved the lower crowds and never waited more than five minutes for anything. The crowds are so low that almost every time we would get a fast pass in the magic kingdom, a surprise fast pass for dumbo was spit out too. My little guy was in heaven.

The weather can still be hot and humid, but most likely not as hot as June. Crowds are definitely lower and should make it easier to get what you want to do completed. We love that time of year. Some mention the love bugs, but honestly they are not as bad as some post. We have been in the fall 6 times and see a few here and there, but never what we have seen posted. Is it possible to see a swarm of them, yes, but we have never seen them in large numbers.

Low crowds and nice weather sounds good anytime you are in Disney. If you get a few REALLY hot days, hit the water parks. Adding the option to your tickets is pretty inexpensive. Have a good trip!

We went at the end of Sept. in 2011. As for the weather, it was very HOT and very HUMID. I cannot imagine what July and August feel like. It only rained on us one day, so that was a plus.

As far as crowds go, it was busy. We were able to accomplish what we wanted to, but it took some planning.

We were there a couple years of go at the end of September and we loved it. It is hot but nothing like the summer. We are from Georgia so I know "hot." The summer is the most miserable experience ever! However, we did not mind it. We had a great time and the crowds are very low at that time.

We are going to go again this September at the same time!

It can be still hot and humid during that time. We usually go sometime between the week after Labor Day and mid October. As you get closer to Halloween, the crowds get a little heavier due to the Halloween party at MK. Tour groups from Brazil can be in full force in late Sept. Our last trip (9/12) there were four different tour groups at our resort.

I'm in St. Louis so we definitely have our fair share of humidity. I know it's not the same though! I'm just torn on what to do now. If we go later in Oct, rates are higher :( Even the week after goes up like $250 for the week (this is per quotes at WBC). Ugh!!

We just went the last week of September 2012. It was our first trip so I have nothing to compare it to..... We live in Southern Alabama along the Gulf Coast so the weather was pretty similar to what we have at home. I believe it was mid 90's.... It was hot :) Epcot was almost miserable but we were sitting in the sun waiting in lines for princess after princess. There was rain I think only 2 of the 6 days we were there. Crowds didn't seem to be bad. We are planning another trip so obviously we had fun and liked it :) One recommendation... Don't go to MNSSHP on a Friday. Ours was a sold out party and we didn't get to do any trick or treating because the lines were so long and only met a few of the special characters. We got good seats for the parade but only because my mom and friend went and sat while I took my daughter to meet the 7 dwarves (Snow White is her favorite so this was a must for the evening).

Would we go again this time of the year? yes.

I'm in St. Louis so we definitely have our fair share of humidity. I know it's not the same though! I'm just torn on what to do now. If we go later in Oct, rates are higher :( Even the week after goes up like $250 for the week (this is per quotes at WBC). Ugh!!

You also usually get free Dining through September.

We went this past September from 21st-25th... Free dining, it was cheaper, low crowds.. We enjoyed it so much that we are looking at going again this Sept or October... :)

It still can be humid but not near as bad as the summer IMO.

Hearing that it is not as hot as the summer is reassuring...I was down in The Orlando area one year in June and found it pretty hot. Would you say it's a little cooler than June weather? How about the humidity comparison?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter