Exchanged DVC AP for DVC PAP

By all means, if you can get it in writing, all the better. It will help your case if there's an issue or change of thoughts once you arrive. Very difficult to dispute something if you have tangible evidence to present them that orginated from WDW.

But you aren't going to get Disney to put in writing that an active $425 DVC AP can be exchanged for a $399 PAP.

I wouldn't expect them to do this either. I'm just talking about our prior ticket purchase which for the four of us is LESS than the price for four DVC PAP at $299 per.

You will not get anything in writing saying this is allowed, policy will be stated in emails and it will be exactly what Cheshire Figment shared.

As to them knowing that it is happening, they already know that.

As with all things Disney, there is written policy and there is what happens when you are dealing with a Cast member and it is never consistent.

Having your conversation and confirmations documented and sent/emailed to you is different from getting any stated policy exception to the rule in writing.

We went to upgrade our DVC renewal AP vouchers a couple days ago at Guest Relations at the Downtown Disney Marketplace. At first, she mentioned I was going to get a refund for some of the original purchase price (which I thought was a bit odd - I should have owed about $40). She then realized they were renewal AP (thus, less than $399 each) so I did owe a little. She was obviously going to upgrade me from the "over $399 AP" so there is hope for those of you out there with these passes that this is possibly becoming a more consistent policy.

I think this stinks for current AP holders. I just bought my AP in August.. and I tried this past weekend to switch to the PAP. I am not asking for an extension, and I will surely never visit a water park.. I just want the 20% discount that comes along with the PAP.
I think it's wrong.
If I got to Best Buy and buy a TV, and then they lower the price, they give it back to me... thats the way it works. Why should DVC be any different. Again.. not looking for more than 1 year.. just for the perks that go along with it.

That is Best Buy's policy not Disney (specifically says "Non-refundable" when you purchase). So it may work there but not at Disney and I am sure other places as well. Try buying a car and then come back several months later when a new model is released and the old model has a lower price. Do you think the dealer will gladly hand you money back?

Don't forget to ask for your 20% discount on purchases! I cheated myself out of about 100 bucks last week. Kept forgetting to mention I had a PAP.

That is Best Buy's policy not Disney (specifically says "Non-refundable" when you purchase). So it may work there but not at Disney and I am sure other places as well. Try buying a car and then come several months later when a new model comes out and the old model has a lower price. Do you think the dealer will gladlt hand you money back?

But I can still upgrade my current AP to a premium AP for $160 more. The exact same product.

oh wow, I am very excited to read this! I bought our AP's a couple of months ago but we will not be there until November to activate them. I also called to see if we could upgrade and was told I could not. Hope this works for us too!

DisneyMomJen said:
But I can still upgrade my current AP to a premium AP for $160 more. The exact same product.

Yes, because you are paying more. No refund.

We had vouchers bought in June but not activated. We tried to do over phone but was told it could only be done in person. I filed a complaint. Dvc called me Monday, connected me with ticket services. Not only did they do the upgrade, I got money back! So it can be done...

emmababy said:
We had vouchers bought in June but not activated. We tried to do over phone but was told it could only be done in person. I filed a complaint. Dvc called me Monday, connected me with ticket services. Not only did they do the upgrade, I got money back! So it can be done...

Great information. I want to get this resolved before my November trip. Thanks.

Great information. I want to get this resolved before my November trip. Thanks.

Call WDW Ticketing at 407-566-4985. I'm sure they can help you clear up this matter. They did for me for our December trip.

rapunzel21 said:
Call WDW Ticketing at 407-566-4985. I'm sure they can help you clear up this matter. They did for me for our December trip.

Thank you I definitely will and let you all know how it goes.

WDW ticketing did not help me but they were aware of the new practice of granting the upgrade/refund to non unused AP's for PAP's. I then called DVC Member Services and they told me the same but after questioning further they attached a record to my account and stated that I have been upgraded and will get the refund when I exchange my passes.

Got my upgrade and $110 gift card today at Downtown Disney Guest Relations. Because I was "in the know" from Dis I was hoping for the refund but I even told the CM how much I appreciated the credit. He said "even though its not the policy we have done it for others so its only right to do it for you"

So I agree that being a pixie and not a villian will probably serve you well when hadnling the exchanges.

So happy to have this PAP my kids are begging for the water parks! Now which one is better for a 5 and 8 year old???

THANKS!
Stacey

so glad to read that many others are getting the "upgrade and refund" on their AP vouchers - I hope we have the same luck in December when we go!

can anyone tell me where guest relations in downtown disney is located? we are checkin in to ssr on dec 1 and we were planning on walking over to get our APs and TIW card..

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

so glad to read that many others are getting the "upgrade and refund" on their AP vouchers - I hope we have the same luck in December when we go!

can anyone tell me where guest relations in downtown disney is located? we are checkin in to ssr on dec 1 and we were planning on walking over to get our APs and TIW card..

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

It is just to the right of the Team Mickey store.

Got my upgrade and $110 gift card today at Downtown Disney Guest Relations. Because I was "in the know" from Dis I was hoping for the refund but I even told the CM how much I appreciated the credit. He said "even though its not the policy we have done it for others so its only right to do it for you"

So I agree that being a pixie and not a villian will probably serve you well when hadnling the exchanges.

So happy to have this PAP my kids are begging for the water parks! Now which one is better for a 5 and 8 year old???

THANKS!
Stacey

We went to Typhoon Lagood in August for the 1st time and Blizzard Beach in Sept also for the 1st time and my kids (6 and 8) unaminously voted BB as their fave. And they never agree on anything!! Lol. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter