Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are going to Disney this August for our honeymoon and we want to customize our magic bands to say bride and groom rather than our names. In my disney experience it lets us but does anyone know of any issues if we do this?

We are going to Disney this August for our honeymoon and we want to customize our magic bands to say bride and groom rather than our names. In my disney experience it lets us but does anyone know of any issues if we do this?
You can write anything you want in there. Nobody ever sees it.

You can write anything you want in there. Nobody ever sees it.

I know no one sees it but I was not sure if it would mess up the reservation or anything. Also, when the "magic happens" on rides that display your name on a screen does it pull from your magic band name or the reservation attached to the magic band. Small world, rockin roller coaster, etc.

I know no one sees it but I was not sure if it would mess up the reservation or anything. Also, when the "magic happens" on rides that display your name on a screen does it pull from your magic band name or the reservation attached to the magic band. Small world, rockin roller coaster, etc.
It uses your real name.

It uses your real name.

you can make it anything you want, some character restrictions though but letters and numbers are fine. some mention adding the year to the band so they know when they got it and when the trip was however I suspect bridge and groom will help identify that already :)

It does default to first name on the reservation but it will not mess up anything to change it.

hmm no questions in the last day so I guess it had a good impact.. I've started to sort out some grammar and typos in it but overall I'm happy. didn't really succeed with making it smaller but I think it's better arranged now to help everyone find their answer.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I just want to say thanks for this thread and keeping updated. You did a great job of organizing the first page so it is easy to find the specific information you want about the MagicBands!

I got my first MagicBand in Feb 2014 when they were fairly new. I have not been back to WDW until now. So, I really appreciate the info on the difference between the two versions. It is amazing to see all the new stuff that works with the new 2.0 bands.

I plan on getting a MagicKeeper. Those look like they will be handy to use.

How can I decline the second set of magic bands for a split stay? I don't see the option in MDE. Thanks.

We have 2 separate families (4 in each family) staying in a suite. The suite can only be reserved in one person's name and address but everyone else is listed on the reservation.

How do we insure that each family gets their own box of magic bands? It's fine if they all come to one address but we'd like them in 2 boxes of 4 each and one box can be mailed on to the other family. Don't want a box of all 8 in one. Do I need to call to make this request?

We have 2 separate families (4 in each family) staying in a suite. The suite can only be reserved in one person's name and address but everyone else is listed on the reservation.

How do we insure that each family gets their own box of magic bands? It's fine if they all come to one address but we'd like them in 2 boxes of 4 each and one box can be mailed on to the other family. Don't want a box of all 8 in one. Do I need to call to make this request?

I've never heard of anyone making this request so calling, if possible, is your only choice...

I've never heard of anyone making this request so calling, if possible, is your only choice...

Ok thanks for the information. I'm trying to avoid a box of 8 so that each family can be sent their own box, which I will do as long as Disney can get two separate boxes of 4 sent to the person on the suite reservation. I guess I can call the number for CL services when it gets closer.

Are Magic Bands shipped UPS or USPS? We are going on a trip before going to Disney and will only be home for 5 days before leaving for Disney. I am contemplating having them sent to my daughter instead of me. If it is shipped via post office they will be holding our mail so no problem there.

Are Magic Bands shipped UPS or USPS? We are going on a trip before going to Disney and will only be home for 5 days before leaving for Disney. I am contemplating having them sent to my daughter instead of me. If it is shipped via post office they will be holding our mail so no problem there.

They ship USPS.

Thank you for the quick response. I thought our last shipment was USPS but was not sure. Great job keeping this thread current!!!

These are my old bands, which I customized myself. The pink one is my favorite.

Attachments

• 01a49851a26fe5c86341e3d01032f11204552d4e10.jpg
    01a49851a26fe5c86341e3d01032f11204552d4e10.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 28

When we did this last February (2016), I was told that wasn't possible, that all the bands had to be shipped to 1 address. So I had them sent to me and then I sent them off to my sister and my parents (2 different addresses). I sent them insured and via a trackable method since park tickets were on there already.

When we did this last February (2016), I was told that wasn't possible, that all the bands had to be shipped to 1 address. So I had them sent to me and then I sent them off to my sister and my parents (2 different addresses). I sent them insured and via a trackable method since park tickets were on there already.

to clarify, nothing is stored on a magicband, it's just an id bracelet to the person it's linked to.

Thanks Kboo. I'm fine with all to one address, just want two boxes of 4 bands each, not one giant box of 8 bands since they are for two families.

I've heard stories of MagicBands falling off and was considering bitbelts, or something similar. However, with the new bands that are now coming out, I'm wondering if there's still an issue with this, or if the bitbelts on the market would even still fit the new bands. Just got our MagicBands in the mail this week, and haven't tried them on yet to see if they're secure. Anybody have any insight into these new MBs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter