Everything you need to know about MagicBands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick reply. I understand now deactivating and why you may want to do that. What I don't understand still is that quote

Opting out of your new MagicBand may allow you to go directly to your room upon arrival. Just remember to bring an active MagicBand with you.

It sounds like they are saying IF you opt out of your new magic band that may allow you to go directly to your room. Which doesn't make sense to me at all. Sorry if I'm slow here, the wording is confusing. I don't know why you would opt out of your new bands.

I want to buy 4 plain bands and get them shipped to the UK so that I can get everything set up before our trip. I managed to get the Shop Disney Parks App installed on my iPAD - not easy as it is not officially available outside the states - but found that some of the colours are only available 'in store'. Is this likely to be a short term stock issue? Is it worth waiting another couple of weeks to see if purple and blue become available?

I don't think you'll be able to buy a magic band and have it sent to the UK. I know that guests from outside the US who are staying on property have to pick up their bands when they check in, and I'm pretty sure they can't be purchased and sent outside the US either.

Thanks for the quick reply. I understand now deactivating and why you may want to do that. What I don't understand still is that quote

Opting out of your new MagicBand may allow you to go directly to your room upon arrival. Just remember to bring an active MagicBand with you.

It sounds like they are saying IF you opt out of your new magic band that may allow you to go directly to your room. Which doesn't make sense to me at all. Sorry if I'm slow here, the wording is confusing. I don't know why you would opt out of your new bands.

Some people choose to opt out of getting a band because they already have one (or more) and don't want any more. As long as you already have a band, you should be able to go right to your room, assuming you got a text telling you your room number.

Some people choose to opt out of getting a band because they already have one (or more) and don't want any more. As long as you already have a band, you should be able to go right to your room, assuming you got a text telling you your room number.

Thanks for clarifying! Sometimes it takes me a while - lol

Welcome to disney :) they make everything confusing. If you get a band, then they know you have one that works and you can skip the front desk because you have a room key already. If you opt out and you don't have any bands or forgot where you put them when you opted out, then you would have to go to the front desk to get a room key so you can't skip it.

I agree they really should have better wording to say "these are your room keys, you need to have a magic band in order to skip the front desk when you arrive".

I don't think you'll be able to buy a magic band and have it sent to the UK. I know that guests from outside the US who are staying on property have to pick up their bands when they check in, and I'm pretty sure they can't be purchased and sent outside the US either.

It's true, Disney won't ship to the UK, but there lots of parcel forwarding services which will forwarded on to the UK from a US drop-off address. This is much cheaper (and less risky) than buying them from ebay or Amazon. It's just the lack of colour choice that is holding me back.

I think it's time to rewrite the first couple posts to be easier to find info.. just too many questions that are answered and have been. I think what I'm gonig to do is move post 1 to post 2 and start a new format post 1 that might be easier to get the info you are looking for quicker. I admit, it's a long read and I don't bother reading posts that long myself.

,............. and done....

Post 1 was completely rewritten in what is hopefully an easier way to learn and find answers.. post 2 is now reserved for future changed..

I have not proof read it for grammar, spelling or just being accurate. Please comment!

hmm no questions in the last day so I guess it had a good impact.. I've started to sort out some grammar and typos in it but overall I'm happy. didn't really succeed with making it smaller but I think it's better arranged now to help everyone find their answer.

Thanks for updating this Brian. Much appreciated.

I noticed that you state the MB's can be used at Aulani, which I wasn't aware of. Wondering how this works. If I were to bring a MB (or perhaps my AP card) with me on my next trip, how would it get associated with the room?

Thanks for updating this Brian. Much appreciated.

I noticed that you state the MB's can be used at Aulani, which I wasn't aware of. Wondering how this works. If I were to bring a MB (or perhaps my AP card) with me on my next trip, how would it get associated with the room?

Actually I'm going to update it as I just found a recent article googling (last month) that they did start to use bands for the kids when you drop them off like they do on the cruises but they never equipped the doors or photopass opportunities to use them. it's going to be 2 cards you need for room and photopass.

Now I'm 100% sure that the other 2 beach club resorts on the east coast can use them for room keys.

So I can bring magic bands from passed trips and use them on the current trip without linking them to the new trip in any way as long as they are all listed as active on my mydisneyexperience account?

So I can bring magic bands from passed trips and use them on the current trip without linking them to the new trip in any way as long as they are all listed as active on my mydisneyexperience account?

Magic Bands are linked to your MDE account, not to a specific reservation. Any and all Magic Bands will work for your current trip.

Yeah, that sounds confusing to me as well. It sounds like you can't get into your room with the new MB's? That can't be right?

Thanks a lot for sharing that information about the magic band. I am thinking of visiting this summer again with my family. :)

We are taking our kids and grandkids to DW in June. My son and his family are flying there and getting there in the evening after we are already there. Right now I have all the magic bands shipping to my house (OCD don't want anyone to forget to pack them). Is there anything they would need bands for or would it be okay for me to keep them all and bring them all with me? We will already be at resort when they arrive but did not know if they need them for Disney express at the airport.

Magic bands aren't needed for DME, although they would need to contact you when they get to the resort so that they can get into their room.

We have a suite with 6 guests for our April trip (about 20 days away!) and our bands haven't shipped yet. I was wondering if they had boxes that held 6 bands or if that might be why they haven't shipped yet. The trip was booked 4+ months ago and bands customized long before the 30 day mark. We have another DVC 2-bedroom trip in August and we have 8 guests, so wondering if anyone has experience with band shipments for larger groups.

Thanks! Amy

We have a suite with 6 guests for our April trip (about 20 days away!) and our bands haven't shipped yet. I was wondering if they had boxes that held 6 bands or if that might be why they haven't shipped yet. The trip was booked 4+ months ago and bands customized long before the 30 day mark. We have another DVC 2-bedroom trip in August and we have 8 guests, so wondering if anyone has experience with band shipments for larger groups.

they've shipped to groups with many more than 6 people in the past. it should have shipped, you still have time so I would get on the phone and inquire if your not showing it shipped with a tracking number in MDE.

edit: just in case, if you are having them shipped to the resort or used a non-US address this is normal in about 14 days they ship to the resort. If you ahve a US address they should be on their way already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter