Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

We were there that week and we were able to park hop and didn’t hear any reports that people couldn’t

I would assume that MK will have some freeze on the 25th and NYE. However, it may be short or may not happen. Epcot is so large that I doubt it will happen for NYE.

I made all of my ADR's last week and got the last couple today (split stay). I just now made all of my park reservations - I waited until I had the ADR's settled because I had no idea when I'd get the restaurants we want but that's all settled. We have park hoppers and I know you can't park hop until after 2:00pm - a lot of our dinners are at the park we plan to hop to, but i'm wondering if I should be concerned about this at all - meaning, is it possible that if there's some type of capacity limit that we wouldn't be able to hop and we'd miss our dinner reservation? Normally I'd never worry about this but nothing is normal anymore either. We'll be there the 1st week of February so no holiday's involved but i'd hate to miss a dinner reservation at Space 220 because it's in Epcot and we for some reason can't hop. That reservation in particular is at 2:45pm so we should have plenty of time to get in and get to the restaurant. I just don't want to run into any trouble. Would we be ok for all of this? Also very much looking forward to the extra hours at night, but again, those parks aren't our first stop.

Official recommendation is to make ADR’s at the park you have reservations at. That being said, there are only 1 or 2 instances I’ve read about where park hopping was actually limited. Since you won’t be there at a peak time, you should be ok.

I made all of my ADR's last week and got the last couple today (split stay). I just now made all of my park reservations - I waited until I had the ADR's settled because I had no idea when I'd get the restaurants we want but that's all settled. We have park hoppers and I know you can't park hop until after 2:00pm - a lot of our dinners are at the park we plan to hop to, but i'm wondering if I should be concerned about this at all - meaning, is it possible that if there's some type of capacity limit that we wouldn't be able to hop and we'd miss our dinner reservation? Normally I'd never worry about this but nothing is normal anymore either. We'll be there the 1st week of February so no holiday's involved but i'd hate to miss a dinner reservation at Space 220 because it's in Epcot and we for some reason can't hop. That reservation in particular is at 2:45pm so we should have plenty of time to get in and get to the restaurant. I just don't want to run into any trouble. Would we be ok for all of this? Also very much looking forward to the extra hours at night, but again, those parks aren't our first stop.
Based on experiences so far, and the time of year you'll be there, I would say your chances of having any issues with hopping will be very close to zero.

Your post has been merged with the 'Everything Park Hopping' thread. Please read post 1.

To date there was only one day when park hopping was limited and that was hopping to the MK on Oct 1st but that was only for a few hours. Based on history to date, you should not have any trouble hopping to the park where you have an ADR but as with everything else, this call all change so I'd recommend keeping an eye on this thread.

Your post has been merged with the 'Everything Park Hopping' thread. Please read post 1.

To date there was only one day when park hopping was limited and that was hopping to the MK on Oct 1st but that was only for a few hours. Based on history to date, you should not have any trouble hopping to the park where you have an ADR but as with everything else, this call all change so I'd recommend keeping an eye on this thread.
You keep saying that here was only one date when this happened but pre-Covid hopping was occasionally suspended.

You keep saying that here was only one date when this happened but pre-Covid hopping was occasionally suspended.
But there were no park reservations preCovid, either. I think that's a significant difference since Disney can control the number of reservations and actually "save room" for guests who hop. PreCovid all they could do was make an educated guess as to how many people would show up at a given park on a given day.

You are confusing pre-park shutdown in March 2020 with how park hopping changed when it was reintroduced Jan 1, 2021. They are 2 very different things.

This thread discusses park hopping from Jan 1, 2021 forward as that’s when the new system was introduced.

Before that time park admittance to all guests (hopping or not) would stop when a park reached capacity.

Pre-Covid, was there a number to call to see if hopping was allowed? No. Guests would travel to a park only to find it was full to all guests. Guests who had visited in the morning and left, would not be allowed re-entry in spite of being there earlier in the day. That no longer happens. A reservation guarantees you entry into that park from park open to park close

You are trying to compare apples to oranges and that is not the purpose of this thread and they cannot be compared.

So, to clarify, this thread is ONLY discussing park hopping since it was reintroduced Jan 1, 2021 (with new park reservations system and park hopping rules) and since that date, park hopping was only stopped once, for a couple of hours, and only to the MK, on Oct 1, 2021. After a couple of hours park hopping was once again permitted.

I hope this clarifies things for you.

Hi. I just scored a lunch reservation (1230pm) for Space 220! WOO! The issue is we have park reservations for HS that day. I would prefer to go to HS in that morning and park hop to Epcot for lunch. But- will they let me in Epcot (my 2nd park) since my reservation is before 2pm?
As an alternative, I guess I could switch my park reservations around.. but it looks like things are starting to fill up.

Thinking ahead to our trip in just over a month… currently our days are structured where we’ll hit one park in the morning, have an afternoon rest, then hit a different park in the evening. I foresee days where dh will tell me and ds to go ahead (dh isn’t a rides guy) and he’ll meet up with us later, then things changing and dh never ends up joining us at the morning park for whatever reason. When ds & I leave the morning park can I tap dh into the park using the MDE app on my phone? Hopefully we can just modify his park reservation to our evening park but if that park isn’t available, I don’t want to trek all the way back to, say AK, just to tap him in and leave.

Thinking ahead to our trip in just over a month… currently our days are structured where we’ll hit one park in the morning, have an afternoon rest, then hit a different park in the evening. I foresee days where dh will tell me and ds to go ahead (dh isn’t a rides guy) and he’ll meet up with us later, then things changing and dh never ends up joining us at the morning park for whatever reason. When ds & I leave the morning park can I tap dh into the park using the MDE app on my phone? Hopefully we can just modify his park reservation to our evening park but if that park isn’t available, I don’t want to trek all the way back to, say AK, just to tap him in and leave.
No, this is not allowed. Disney tickets are non-transferrable so you cannot tap in on behalf of your husband. He will either need to go to the park where you have a morning reservation or, make his reservation for the park that you are hopping to.

We have park hopper tickets for March. I made park reservations for Magic Kingdom for arrival day. We won't get to the resort till around noon that day and have to get settled before going to a park. If it's after 2 pm before we go to the parks can we go anywhere or do we still have to go to Magic Kingdom first before going to a different park?

We have park hopper tickets for March. I made park reservations for Magic Kingdom for arrival day. We won't get to the resort till around noon that day and have to get settled before going to a park. If it's after 2 pm before we go to the parks can we go anywhere or do we still have to go to Magic Kingdom first before going to a different park?
You have to go to MK first.

Your question has been merged with 'Everything Park Hopping' thread. Post 1 has a lot of information about hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter