Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

I called the Park Hopper phone number. 407-560-5000. It says park hopping is suspended for Magic Kingdom.
It might be a glitch in the system itself (not just the app). If you read Jackie's note in the article, it says that same message appears at the bottom of each day in April, May, and June (where park hours are listed)-seems more likely to be a glitch if it's showing up that way . . .

Just called the park hopper line too and it appears it's a message added for today for sure as it's not a canned response but rather appears to have been recorded today. Will update post 1.

Also, today appears to be a very busy day at WDW in that we saw Genie+ sell out the earliest we've ever noticed as Multi-parks and MK both sold out prior to 8AM.

Last edited:
It might be a glitch in the system itself (not just the app). If you read Jackie's note in the article, it says that same message appears at the bottom of each day in April, May, and June (where park hours are listed)-seems more likely to be a glitch if it's showing up that way . . .
There seems to be a glitch somewhere. But whether it means park hopping is suspended to MK today or not isn't clear. The glitch may simply be that the notice shows up on the other dates.

So my question is this...what happens when this happens and someone paid for the park hopper version of genie+, made multiple lightning lane reservations for later in the day at Magic Kingdom, and has dining reservations for dinner at a Magic Kingdom restaurant?
Unless Magic Kingdom was the park you had a park pass reservation for, you would not be allowed in.

ETA: you could probably make a case to get a partial refund on Genie+ and have the dining cancelation fee waived if you couldn't get into MK.

Last edited:

Unless Magic Kingdom was the park you had a park pass reservation for, you would not be allowed in.
Yes I understand on its face, that’s what the message states. However, that doesn’t necessarily seem be the correct answer or at least not the entire answer that is needed here.

Some people have been posting on both boards that they have been allowed in for dining and lightning lane reservations in similar situations in the past as well as today but others are posting similar comments to what you just said.

I’m surprised that Disney doesn’t have a publicly stated policy on what happens in this situation.

I’m pretty sure it was No PH into MK …
Can’t believe it is so crowded on a mid week non holiday Day .
I did notice everybody has a British accent including at Publix this week !
Also I wonder if the Covid extension and auto renewal guests are finally reaching the end of the road …
. I know my family has reached that date on April 27 … And We are choosing not auto - renew until Halloween or later Depending on another price increase….
In the meantime I need to go everyday !

Yes I understand on its face, that’s what the message states. However, that doesn’t necessarily seem be the correct answer or at least not the entire answer that is needed here.

Some people have been posting on both boards that they have been allowed in for dining and lightning lane reservations in similar situations in the past as well as today but others are posting similar comments to what you just said.

I’m surprised that Disney doesn’t have a publicly stated policy on what happens in this situation.
The only other time a park has been closed to hopping in recent years was the day of the 50th anniversary at Magic Kingdom, and that was only closed to hopping for a couple of hours in the afternoon. So there haven't been a ton of similar situations to compare this to.

The message from WDW says "The Park Hopper option is currently unavailable for this park. Guests with park reservations for this park may still enter." To me, that means if you don't have a park reservation for MK, you won't be allowed in. Now, you might get a CM who interprets this a little bit differently or makes some magic happen for someone. Disney also states when you make a dining reservation that you must have valid theme park admission and park reservation.

The only other time a park has been closed to hopping in recent years was the day of the 50th anniversary at Magic Kingdom, and that was only closed to hopping for a couple of hours in the afternoon. So there haven't been a ton of similar situations to compare this to.

The message from WDW says "The Park Hopper option is currently unavailable for this park. Guests with park reservations for this park may still enter." To me, that means if you don't have a park reservation for MK, you won't be allowed in. Now, you might get a CM who interprets this a little bit differently or makes some magic happen for someone. Disney also states when you make a dining reservation that you must have valid theme park admission and park reservation.
But I believe park reservations are no longer required for anyone with a date-based ticket, right? So this part of the info is outdated.

So my question is this...what happens when this happens and someone paid for the park hopper version of genie+, made multiple lightning lane reservations for later in the day at Magic Kingdom, and has dining reservations for dinner at a Magic Kingdom restaurant?
I would recommend they go to the park and try to enter.

ETA: you could probably make a case to get a partial refund on Genie+ and have the dining cancelation fee waived if you couldn't get into MK.

Until we hear that a guest with a dining reservation in the MK is definitely not permitted to enter the park, I would not be comfortable making that statement. Since many people no longer need (or are able) to make a 'park reservation' we have no way of knowing that a 'dining reservation' does not qualify as a valid reservation. If I had an ADR in the MK today I'd be trying to enter for sure and if initial CM denied entry I'd ask for supervisor or head to GS. ADR's are a challenge to get so it would be very disappointing to be turned away with a valid ADR.

Let's see what actually happens before saying who would/would not be turned away at the gate.

I would recommend they go to the park and try to enter.

Until we hear that a guest with a dining reservation in the MK is definitely not permitted to enter the park, I would not be comfortable making that statement. Since many people no longer need (or are able) to make a 'park reservation' we have no way of knowing that a 'dining reservation' does not qualify as a valid reservation. If I had an ADR in the MK today I'd be trying to enter for sure and if initial CM denied entry I'd ask for supervisor or head to GS. ADR's are a challenge to get so it would be very disappointing to be turned away with a valid ADR.

Let's see what actually happens before saying who would/would not be turned away at the gate.
I don't disagree, and if I were there I'd be doing the same thing. I guess it's just confusing how WDW has it set up. When you make an ADR, it states you have to have valid park admission and a park reservation (which yes, I know is outdated language now). But if they're warning you that you need to have admission and a reservation, I don't see how an ADR can qualify as a valid reservation. I know it's not up to me and maybe I'm overthinking it; that just doesn't make sense to me.

Please note I'm not rooting for that, as I'd love to have everyone with ADRs still be able to make them. I'm also wondering if different CMs will apply the policy differently (as we've heard happens with other things).

Question for guests at WDW today - Thurs, Apr 4, 2024.

I'm looking to find actual experiences, not 'I believe' or 'I think' but looking for guests who meet the following criteria so that we can provide accurate information when this happens again in the future.

If this scenario fits you, please share your actual experience:

1. Started day in a park other than MK, or, had not entered any park when park hopping to MK was stopped.
2. You either had an ADR in MK for a time after park hopping was stopped or,
You had purchased Multi-parks G+ and had booked at least 1 LL for a time in the MK after park hopping was stopped.

If this scenario is you,
a) Did you attempt to enter the MK after park hopping was stopped?
b) Were you allowed to access the park due to your ADR or LL reservation?

Again, please only respond to this if this scenario fits your experience as we are trying to find actual true, informative information to provide to guests in the future.

Thank you.

Question for guests at WDW today - Thurs, Apr 4, 2024.

I'm looking to find actual experiences, not 'I believe' or 'I think' but looking for guests who meet the following criteria so that we can provide accurate information when this happens again in the future.

If this scenario fits you, please share your actual experience:

1. Started day in a park other than MK, or, had not entered any park when park hopping to MK was stopped.
2. You either had an ADR in MK for a time after park hopping was stopped or,
You had purchased Multi-parks G+ and had booked at least 1 LL for a time in the MK after park hopping was stopped.

If this scenario is you,
a) Did you attempt to enter the MK after park hopping was stopped?
b) Were you allowed to access the park due to your ADR or LL reservation?

Again, please only respond to this if this scenario fits your experience as we are trying to find actual true, informative information to provide to guests in the future.

Thank you.
I would like to also hear the experiences of those who had entered MK before park hopping was restricted and tried to re-enter the park later after having left it, either to visit another park or just to take a break. Also, those who had not entered any park as of 1:00 and had dated tickets and no park reservations. If fact, I think anyone who was there today and tried to enter MK after 1:00 or so may have a story to tell. Please let us know how it went. Please explain what type of ticket you had, whether and where you had a park reservation, and what happened to you when you tried to enter MK.

Hmmm. Wonder if a refund is issued.

How could you expect a refund , if WDW is allowing guests with LL and Dining Reservations entry?

I won’t reveal my source but EPCOT had after hours late night Event and rumors from cast suggest 52,000 and 36,000 guest numbers Pre Covid was always larger capacity but staffing issue has created this result with such a drastic last minute announcement .

I really wonder if we are all hitting the “ Gotta use up my AP because we are all hitting the late April renewal AP renewal window ( created by that Covid extension and a few years worth of auto renewals And Sisney forgot to factor that in to Park Capacity for all types of APs.
Because the same crowded capacity is occurring at Universal …can’t think of any other explanation . My AP just auto renewed at Universal March 8th and WDW will be April 27…
With a Yes toUniversal renewal 15 month offer ( gotta build up huge loyal guests numbers for EPIC
And a No to renewing WDW Which will be the first time since always having a Disney Pass since I was 20 years of age and I am 73 now ! WDW AP is too expensive even for my love and loyalty.

Got a better explanation ?

How could you expect a refund , if WDW is allowing guests with LL and Dining Reservations entry?
This is one of the many questions we have. Were guests with ADRs and LL reservations being permitted to enter the MK?

We are requesting people who personally fit this scenario to tell us their experience so that we can provide accurate information in the future.

This is one of the many questions we have. Were guests with ADRs and LL reservations being permitted to enter the MK?

We are requesting people who personally fit this scenario to tell us their experience so that we can provide accurate information in the future.
Has anyone reported being denied admission for any reason? Read a lot of the thread but admittedly haven’t every post so apologize if it’s already been mentioned

Has anyone reported being denied admission for any reason? Read a lot of the thread but admittedly haven’t every post so apologize if it’s already been mentioned
The only true report we've had so far from a guest in the parks was one who has an AP and had a park reservation for MK and they were permitted to enter the park after the hopping was stopped. They had been in the MK earlier, gone back to the resort for a rest and then went back to MK after 1PM and were able to re-enter without any problems at all.

That is the only actual report we have had so far. We're hoping others who were at WDW yesterday will share their experiences.

I'm guessing many did not try once the blast was put out on MDE. It's a long way to go only to be turned away.

If I’m wanting to hop from magic kingdom to Hollywood studios, it looks like I can use the bus. Is this a fairly easy/quick ride? How much time should it normally take. Summertime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter