Everything Park Hopping - Please Read Post 1

Christmas week didn't fill as quickly and fully as Spring Break. The week or two before there were still openings for park reservations, and even day of some openings left at certain parks.
Interesting. So I wonder how the increased crowds will effect park hopping?

I will be at Disney this coming week, 18-19, was nervous no hopping due to capacity. But this thread was super helpful to find out it’s separate from park reservations and to learn about the number. Fingers crossed it works out. Since we only have two days, couldn’t reserve all of our favorites and have to rely on hopping.

Get hoppers on initial ticket purchase while parks at higher capacity!!
I purchased my tickets for 3/20 and 3/21 without park hoppers. Every park was at capacity except for Epcot so I purchased and chose that park quickly before there was no availability at all. I knew park hopping was an option again and I also knew that it could be added later-I just wanted to confirm that my cousin also was going to put park hoppers on her FL resident ticket. Well, my cousin of course said yes as we always hop so I went to add and I couldn’t do this online. I then called WDW for assistance.
Well, to my surprise, I was told numerous times by different CMs that this option isn’t available as parks are at capacity on my days. Cannot add. I was upset as I just saw nothing that said that you can never add after initial purchase. I wouldn’t have purchased without and lost my option to hop. I have added them before at the park! Yes-fine print states if parks at capacity, may not be able to hop but It didn’t state that I couldn’t choose to add this option later after initial purchase. Finally, I was able to get someone to add park hopper after almost 3 hours on the phone. I guess the system won’t allow for it-they had to find a way. I was also able to have my cousins FL res tickets upgraded.
So-it was possible-just not easy! I don’t think they really wanted to do it, citing covid safety concerns due to overcrowding. I got that over and over. And I get it.
The moral of my post-get your hoppers when tickets being purchased. Things are different at this point in time. Realize the rules we’ve always known don’t all apply right now!!
Lastly, the CMs are were and always great when calling. Every one of them sympathized and felt terrible about their inability to help until it was escalated. They want you to have a magical trip but so many things are modified right now due to pandemic.

Last edited:

Today is the first day of this week of full parks. I just called the Park Hopper hotline (1-407-560-5000) and at 4:15 park hopping is available for all parks. A good first day!
So the hotline said park hopping was delayed until 4:15 due to crowds? That stinks if you had an ADR after 2:00

My wife called after 2:00 several times last week. The recording said that all theme parks were available for park hopping access. So that's good news. We are going the week of Easter and are crossing our fingers that we will be able to park hop.

Question: what if the parks do indeed have no availability for park hopping, but we purchased the park hopper ticket? Will they refund the difference between the park hopper and regular ticket??

My wife called after 2:00 several times last week. The recording said that all theme parks were available for park hopping access. So that's good news. We are going the week of Easter and are crossing our fingers that we will be able to park hop.

Question: what if the parks do indeed have no availability for park hopping, but we purchased the park hopper ticket? Will they refund the difference between the park hopper and regular ticket??
I was told no when I called to add park hoppers. But did anyways!

I was told no. No refund.
I don’t think it’s happened yet-where we can’t hop-so it’s all unprecedented and unknown at this point. My take anyways!

sorry double post. Kind of

If hopping isn’t available any day/any time you are there, they should refund. However, it seems that may be unlikely. If unavailable just one day or just a certain park(s), you still have other options to hop even if not your preference day/park so they may not refund in that case. The fact hopping was available Sat. afternoon as @scrappinginontario reported, bodes well that it may not be a problem this coming week.

Thank you for asking this question!

Yes, a guest may always return to the original park they have a reservation for, even if it's at capacity for hopping.

I have updated the original post based on your question. Thanks for asking it! :)

Why is that not made clearer??? That is a game changer. This is the single most important thing I have learned. And my travel agent did not know this. She just arrived herself at WDW today though.

Last edited:
Today is the first day of this week of full parks. I just called the Park Hopper hotline (1-407-560-5000) and at 4:15 park hopping is available for all parks. A good first day!
So the hotline said park hopping was delayed until 4:15 due to crowds? That stinks if you had an ADR after 2:00
Sorry, what I said was misinterpreted.

Park hopping always starts at 2:00. I called the park hopper hotline at 4:15 to see what the message was at that time.

I purchased my tickets for 3/20 and 3/21 without park hoppers. Every park was at capacity except for Epcot so I purchased and chose that park quickly before there was no availability at all. I knew park hopping was an option again and I also knew that it could be added later-I just wanted to confirm that my cousin also was going to put park hoppers on her FL resident ticket. Well, my cousin of course said yes as we always hop so I went to add and I couldn’t do this online. I then called WDW for assistance.
Well, to my surprise, I was told numerous times by different CMs that this option isn’t available as parks are at capacity on my days. Cannot add. I was upset as I just saw nothing that said that you can never add after initial purchase. I wouldn’t have purchased without and lost my option to hop. I have added them before at the park! Yes-fine print states if parks at capacity, may not be able to hop but It didn’t state that I couldn’t choose to add this option later after initial purchase. Finally, I was able to get someone to add park hopper after almost 3 hours on the phone. I guess the system won’t allow for it-they had to find a way. I was also able to have my cousins FL res tickets upgraded.
So-it was possible-just not easy! I don’t think they really wanted to do it, citing covid safety concerns due to overcrowding. I got that over and over. And I get it.
The moral of my post-get your hoppers when tickets being purchased. Things are different at this point in time. Realize the rules we’ve always known don’t all apply right now!!
Lastly, the CMs are were and always great when calling. Every one of them sympathized and felt terrible about their inability to help until it was escalated. They want you to have a magical trip but so many things are modified right now due to pandemic.

Was that just because the parks were at capacity? If they weren't, would you have been able to purchase?

I just tried to add park hoppers and was unable. Said my dates are unavailable.

I have a package for September, you'd think being able to change your reservation details, I'd be able to add PH? Just tried, it seems like MDE is acting up 😒
If your tickets are part of a package I believe you need to go back through reservations to change the tickets because it will impact the total package cost.

Can I go to a park after 2:00 pm for an ADR if I did not have any park reservation for that day?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!