Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

We arrive the day you leave and our plan is much the same. The beginning of our trip we will be with extended family and touring without G+. The second half of our trip my plan is to purchase PH G+ each day of our trip to take advantage of things we may wish to do again or missed earlier in our trip.

I will say that since we have PH tickets I choose to purchase G+ with the multi-parks option each day we purchase it as the few extra dollars allows for more park changes and moving about should our initial park prove to be busier than we originally thought it might be. Sometimes we like to visit a park where G+ may not be needed and stack for later in the day at a second park.
WE tried park hopper tickets last year and it did not work for us. My 4-year-old granddaughter was exhausted the first time we hopped to a second park, so we just went back to the resort. We ended up never going back at night to any park we just relaxed at the resort.

I am hoping that we try to go back around 6 or 7 from BLT to MK the 2 times we are there during the day and do the same at HS and Epcot since we will be at BWV.

It's been a couple years since we used Genie+ at WDW and I know things are constantly changing, so right now, I'm trying to figure out the new Disney Morning Ritual. It looks like we have 4 major tasks: buy Genie Plus, Virtual Queue, get first Genie + ride, and buy Individual Lightning Lane.

What's the best order? Here's my guess:
1. 6:45am-sh, buy Genie Plus for the day. No, I'm not staying up past midnight to buy it then. 🛌💤
2. Right at 7am: mash the Virtual Queue button (for Tron or Guardians)
3. Get first Genie Plus ride
4. Get ILL, if wanted (because Virtual Queue was a bust, or want to ride 2 times)

Assuming only one person is doing these tasks, is that the right order?

It's been a couple years since we used Genie+ at WDW and I know things are constantly changing, so right now, I'm trying to figure out the new Disney Morning Ritual. It looks like we have 4 major tasks: buy Genie Plus, Virtual Queue, get first Genie + ride, and buy Individual Lightning Lane.

What's the best order? Here's my guess:
1. 6:45am-sh, buy Genie Plus for the day. No, I'm not staying up past midnight to buy it then. 🛌💤
2. Right at 7am: mash the Virtual Queue button (for Tron or Guardians)
3. Get first Genie Plus ride
4. Get ILL, if wanted (because Virtual Queue was a bust, or want to ride 2 times)

Assuming only one person is doing these tasks, is that the right order?

Yes, that is the correct order.

So something weird happened… I was able to buy 3 ILLs for MK today. One for Tron. Two for seven dwarfs. I have the receipt for all. Obviously, the tip board only shows in for dwarfs. Anyone ever have something like this happen?

So something weird happened… I was able to buy 3 ILLs for MK today. One for Tron. Two for seven dwarfs. I have the receipt for all. Obviously, the tip board only shows in for dwarfs. Anyone ever have something like this happen?
This is the first time this has ever been reported. Since there is supposed to be a limit of 2/day, I hope it works out. Do you have 3 confirmations? You'll want to keep a copy of those if you are denied a second ride on SDMT which could happen as technically 3 in a day is not permitted. Surprised you were even allowed to purchase 3. All for the same people, correct?

Please keep us posted as this is a new scenario. Thanks!

This is the first time this has ever been reported. Since there is supposed to be a limit of 2/day, I hope it works out. Do you have 3 confirmations? You'll want to keep a copy of those if you are denied a second ride on SDMT which could happen as technically 3 in a day is not permitted. Surprised you were even allowed to purchase 3. All for the same people, correct?

Please keep us posted as this is a new scenario. Thanks!

in line for second ILL. No idea how I lucked out!

Wondering if someone could help me out. The last time I purchased genie+ was my trip in May 2022. I can’t find any confirmation, but I swear it was an add on to my vacation package at like $12 a day? Now I can’t see the option to add it on my package and when I look up prices it seems like it varies but starts at $25 a day? Is that correct, or did I get something else?

G+ only shows the next available return time. You can select an attraction then try to modify the time later to a later return time.
I suggest getting the return time and modifying to a later time as this will start the clock on the 120 minute window between making selections.

Wondering if someone could help me out. The last time I purchased genie+ was my trip in May 2022. I can’t find any confirmation, but I swear it was an add on to my vacation package at like $12 a day? Now I can’t see the option to add it on my package and when I look up prices it seems like it varies but starts at $25 a day? Is that correct, or did I get something else?
Genie+ can no longer be added for length of stay and must now be added each day, anytime after midnight. The price varies from day to day and, park to park.

If you want to purchase it to use at more than one park in a day, you will need to purchase the multi-parks option.

There really is no way to tell what the price of Genie+ will be until the actual day but it’s safe to say the busier/more popular time of year that you visit, the more expensive G+ will be. Today’s price ranges between $18-$29/person. Last month, Easter weekend it topped out at $39.

Also, it is worth noting that during busier times of year, G+ will sell out some/all options some days.

Hello!

I am new to Genie+ and have done my research however I still have two questions that need clarity

1. I plan to start my day at AK and then park hop to HS. Can I book a ILL at Ak and my first LL at HS at 7 am or is that not possible ? Currently my Genie+ app will only show me rides from the one park I have assigned for that day so I am wondering how I'll see the ILL options for the other park.

2. The genie plus app/tip board will not allow me to assign one park to more than one day or even switch dates even though I have a 4 day park ticket with park hopper with no restrictions otherwise. How to fix that ?

Thanks!

Im sure someone else will chime in, but i believe you have to just change your day under the “my day” tab which is in the top right on the tip board.

Our big family trip is next month - six of us most days, one or two days likely 7. One in the party is a toddler under 3, so no ticket...and I have read no need to worry about any rides for her - I assume that whatever LL we book for rides she is eligible to go on, she'll get to come with us regardless, correct?

My other question is about 'separating' the group. There are a number of rides that I know the adult kids will want to ride that me, my husband, and my granddaughter will skip...or there will be rides that just one of us with our granddaughter would skip. Is it easy enough to re-group your party for LL reservations as things change? For example, I know that only some will want to do Guardians while we'll all want to do Frozen. Is it easy enough to re-group our party to ensure that each gets the what they want?

Our big family trip is next month - six of us most days, one or two days likely 7. One in the party is a toddler under 3, so no ticket...and I have read no need to worry about any rides for her - I assume that whatever LL we book for rides she is eligible to go on, she'll get to come with us regardless, correct?

My other question is about 'separating' the group. There are a number of rides that I know the adult kids will want to ride that me, my husband, and my granddaughter will skip...or there will be rides that just one of us with our granddaughter would skip. Is it easy enough to re-group your party for LL reservations as things change? For example, I know that only some will want to do Guardians while we'll all want to do Frozen. Is it easy enough to re-group our party to ensure that each gets the what they want?
You are right about the toddler - we had our almost-three-year-old last month and he did not need Genie+, but could ride anything the rest of the party had a lightning lane for.

As to separating - what we often did was just book for the other three in our party (my daughter, my hubby and I) and then cancel for my husband, so he could stay with our little one, while our daughter and I rode. It also let him book a different LL during the same time she and I were riding something else. I found it easier to do the "book for everyone and then cancel just for those not using this" than to try and regroup our party over and over again. Maybe just me. Anyway, that's all to say it was very easy to cancel for just one person and we were all able to ride what we wanted to.

Did your first time turn into a redemption pass from the ride being down during your window?
this did happen to me last September. I had purchased Tron and Guardians. Tron was down, turned into anytime. It then let me by SDMT. I think it was letting me buy Tron again too, but we chose SDMT because it was the only time we would have gotten to ride it on that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter