Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

"The best option to fix is to call 1-407-939-4357 before 7:00 am and purchase Genie+ for AP(s). This number seems to be dedicated to Genie+ challenges and does not normally have a long wait time. Purchasing before 7:00 am will allow all guests to book Genie+ at 7:00 am." (Quoted from the first page of the thread)

Does anyone know what time this phone number opens in the morning when I can reach a live operator? :thanks:

When trying to purchase RotR tickets, what are the drop times. If I do not get a time at the 7am drop, do times drop again at 7:08? Is there still no way of knowing what time you will actually get?

When trying to purchase RotR tickets, what are the drop times. If I do not get a time at the 7am drop, do times drop again at 7:08? Is there still no way of knowing what time you will actually get?

It's very unlikely to sell out completely right at 7am. The average sell out time for the day over the past 2 weeks was ~9:20am, with sporadic additional times added throughout the day (I wouldn't count on getting one of those).

Yes, it's possible you'll get bounced from the time you choose to a later time. They may or may not add some slightly earlier times back in as refills, but I wouldn't wait for that either. Buying right at 7am and taking the time you get is the best plan. Depending on how busy it is, you may get a time before noon, or before mid afternoon.

Last edited:
Has anyone else read anything about them stopping the ability to book a park your hopping to at 2? Last trip we could go to AK in the morning and book Genie+ for HS with the after 2pm times popping up immediately. That allowed us to stack a few attractions for the afternoon park. I've read a couple of places now that they've removed that ability and while you can book for your afternoon park, you will get first available time and it will pop up with an error screen when you attempt to book. Is this new or am I just behind the curve? https://www.piratesandprincesses.ne...A6JLlFBXPvdS2_47U9FuC1PgcZI-ayQH-DnA7QhnwMbZw

Has anyone else read anything about them stopping the ability to book a park your hopping to at 2? Last trip we could go to AK in the morning and book Genie+ for HS with the after 2pm times popping up immediately. That allowed us to stack a few attractions for the afternoon park. I've read a couple of places now that they've removed that ability and while you can book for your afternoon park, you will get first available time and it will pop up with an error screen when you attempt to book. Is this new or am I just behind the curve? https://www.piratesandprincesses.ne...A6JLlFBXPvdS2_47U9FuC1PgcZI-ayQH-DnA7QhnwMbZw
It is a new facet if G+ which was changed this past week.

You will not be stacking from your first park to your hopped to park after 2:00 p.m. Previously, the times to the hopped park defaulted to 2:00 p.m. or later. That has been changed and you will now need to keep your eye on the hopped to park times until they extend from 2:00 p.m. and beyond. You will receive an error message if you try to schedule a G+ time prior to park hopping time of 2:00 p.m.

It is a new facet if G+ which was changed this past week.

You will not be stacking from your first park to your hopped to park after 2:00 p.m. Previously, the times to the hopped park defaulted to 2:00 p.m. or later. That has been changed and you will now need to keep your eye on the hopped to park times until they extend from 2:00 p.m. and beyond. You will receive an error message if you try to schedule a G+ time prior to park hopping time of 2:00 p.m.

I can see why they did it, but it sure was nice being able to easily stack them. Thanks!

I can see why they did it, but it sure was nice being able to easily stack them. Thanks!
Honestly, it only seems fair to those who don't hop--they are in the park and competing with those who are not.

We have not felt the need to purchase G+ despite several trips since its inception. Partly because I resent paying for what was previously free, but primarily because we rope drop and manage to do all we want without it. :thumbsup2

Honestly, it only seems fair to those who don't hop--they are in the park and competing with those who are not.

We have not felt the need to purchase G+ despite several trips since its inception. Partly because I resent paying for what was previously free, but primarily because we rope drop and manage to do all we want without it. :thumbsup2

I agree, but it still was nice. :) We've only been once since Genie+ started. I was convinced I'd hate it, I do not. It's not what I would've chosen, but it works very well for us. We rope drop too, close another park in the evening, but still find Genie + to be helpful, especially in the evening park. Guess we'll just have to watch the clock a little closer now.

I don't know if it will really be helpful for anyone in the end not to allow park hoppers to book afternoon attractions earlier on. People will just book morning rides at their first park until they can start the afternoon rides in park #2. It freed up the morning LLs in the first park before.

I don't know if it will really be helpful for anyone in the end not to allow park hoppers to book afternoon attractions earlier on. People will just book morning rides at their first park until they can start the afternoon rides in park #2. It freed up the morning LLs in the first park before.

We take a break from our morning park around lunch time then head back to the resort until 5 or so. For us, it will just be a matter of likely booking 1 of the more popular rides once it hits 2pm, then stacking while we're at the resort. It's not a huge deal for us, but I doubt the way we tour is all that typical. I'm sure it will deter some who don't want to spend time watching the app so closely.

We will be checking in to a Disney resort late afternoon on our arrival day (coming from Universal). Will I be able to purchase G+ at 7am that morning even though we have not checked in yet? Will I be able to purchase $LL as a Disney resort guest that morning also? Thanks.

We will be checking in to a Disney resort late afternoon on our arrival day (coming from Universal). Will I be able to purchase G+ at 7am that morning even though we have not checked in yet? Will I be able to purchase $LL as a Disney resort guest that morning also? Thanks.
You can purchase Genie+ as early as midnight of the day that you plan to use it. This applies to both on-site and offsite guests. Both on-site and offsite guests can make their first G+ selection at 7 AM.

You can purchase your ILL$ at 7 AM on your first day as a resort guest even though you have not physically checked into the resort.

Trying to figure out G+ strategy with the new 2:00 PM park hopper rules and how to maximize for AM EP/PM HS day. Does this plan make sense? (Keeping in mind that we plan to hop to HS on a Saturday over Labor Day weekend...which I'm hoping is possible)

7:00 AM - book first LL for Slinky Dog (I could be wrong - but I think SDD still books up into the afternoon pretty immediately so I don't think the park hopper rule should affect us for that)
8:30 AM - Parks open (both EP/HS)
10:30 AM - able to book second LL - either for HS or EP - if EP, then we'd be able to book another LL as soon as we tap into this one, because it's the most recent G+ selection. IF HS, could still potentially stack for the afternoon if we can find another post 2 PM ride.
12:30 PM - can book third LL assuming all selections have been post 2 PM HS LL

Does that all sound right?

Trying to figure out G+ strategy with the new 2:00 PM park hopper rules and how to maximize for AM EP/PM HS day. Does this plan make sense? (Keeping in mind that we plan to hop to HS on a Saturday over Labor Day weekend...which I'm hoping is possible)

7:00 AM - book first LL for Slinky Dog (I could be wrong - but I think SDD still books up into the afternoon pretty immediately so I don't think the park hopper rule should affect us for that)
8:30 AM - Parks open (both EP/HS)
10:30 AM - able to book second LL - either for HS or EP - if EP, then we'd be able to book another LL as soon as we tap into this one, because it's the most recent G+ selection. IF HS, could still potentially stack for the afternoon if we can find another post 2 PM ride.
12:30 PM - can book third LL assuming all selections have been post 2 PM HS LL

Does that all sound right?

Yep, makes perfect sense.

Any recent insight on how refreshing has been working lately for rides where the return time is 3-4+ hours away? Are people finding that earlier times pop up fairly frequently if you spend a couple minutes refreshing? And do people find it is generally working with some of the more popular ride (mountains, test track, frozen, remy, etc.)

I remember with FP refreshing ranged from Small World where I could usually get a return time in the next 10 minutes within a minute of refreshing, to things like Space Mountain - where it showed up but took a lot more time and a little luck (I even got a FoP FP while sitting at Flight of Wonder once but I think in all the years of going there that popped up in the afternoon only twice).

Curious as to if people are seeing some general availability trends.

Any recent insight on how refreshing has been working lately for rides where the return time is 3-4+ hours away? Are people finding that earlier times pop up fairly frequently if you spend a couple minutes refreshing? And do people find it is generally working with some of the more popular ride (mountains, test track, frozen, remy, etc.)

I remember with FP refreshing ranged from Small World where I could usually get a return time in the next 10 minutes within a minute of refreshing, to things like Space Mountain - where it showed up but took a lot more time and a little luck (I even got a FoP FP while sitting at Flight of Wonder once but I think in all the years of going there that popped up in the afternoon only twice).

Curious as to if people are seeing some general availability trends.
Yes it works amazingly well. We are here now and did this both times we bought it. 10 genies at MK Sunday and today at HS we got a genie for every ride and left after dinner at 7.

Edit to add...no trends that I could see. It was so random. I wanna say an hour out was the latest we had to wait.

Yes it works amazingly well. We are here now and did this both times we bought it. 10 genies at MK Sunday and today at HS we got a genie for every ride and left after dinner at 7.

Edit to add...no trends that I could see. It was so random. I wanna say an hour out was the latest we had to wait.
Thanks - that's good to know that it seems to be useful for many rides to get a little closer in.

Wondering other's strategies for Magic Kingdom? Do you try and book rides with a shorter return time so you can book the next one ASAP? Or do you go for the ones that seem to sell out sooner such as Jungle Cruise or Peter Pan but then you have to wait for 2hrs after park open (or 2hrs going forward) to book the next one.

Epcot and HS seemed easier to come up with a plan of attack for first Genie+.

Would love to hear suggestions as I am a bit stuck on MK planning.
I am coming with 2 teens and priorities will be Splash, Big Thunder, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion but also want to ride JC, Peter Pan.

Does anyone have any insight as to what the times are doing between 7 and 7:15 for the headliners? I have been practicing my genie+ strategy for our upcoming September trip. I can see the times starting at 7:15 and refreshing between 7:15 and 8 am I'm no longer seeing the early time "drops" like I did for our trip in May. If I don't see an early morning time right at 7 am will sometime come up at say 7:10?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter