• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Everything Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane - Please Read Posts 1-7

Todays MDE update had a few changes to Genie. The one below looks annoying for people park hopping.

Also reading you no longer can see or get the time for your next LL you'll need to manual track it. Ex. You used to be able to try to book a new one and it was say you need to wait till x:xx...now just say not yet available.

I don't like these changes.

EDIT* posted on WDWMAGIC Update: The no next available time is a bug (which is why it is intermittent). Should probably be fixed soonish. And the "fix" may not be what you expect...stay tuned.

I hope this is a glitch. Otherwise, RIP PH stacking :(

Todays MDE update had a few changes to Genie. The one below looks annoying for people park hopping.

Also reading you no longer can see or get the time for your next LL you'll need to manual track it. Ex. You used to be able to try to book a new one and it was say you need to wait till x:xx...now just say not yet available.

EDIT* posted on WDWMAGIC Update: The no next available time is a bug (which is why it is intermittent). Should probably be fixed soonish. And the "fix" may not be what you expect...stay tuned.
I really loved being able to stack for our evening park when we were there in March. I guess if you’re going to HS or ep you can probably still take advantage of stacking relatively early if you like the bigger rides as they get to 2 quickly.

Curious to see how this plays out. It may not impact us much. Maybe a little at MK but probably not at HS/EP.

Any reports this morning on if the no booking after 2 pm is still happening or if it was a glitch?

As “non park hoppers” I am glad for the change. I wasn’t a fan of the old way.

Now if they instead wanted to allow everyone (not just park hoppers) to select an after-2pm time from the beginning of the day, then I think it would have been fine.

As “non park hoppers” I am glad for the change. I wasn’t a fan of the old way.

Now if they instead wanted to allow everyone (not just park hoppers) to select an after-2pm time from the beginning of the day, then I think it would have been fine.
I must not be following how genie works- I thought everyone COULD reserve afternoon times- even if you weren’t park hopping- simply by using the same system of refreshing until the times moved into the afternoon for that particular ride. Why would just park hoppers have that ability?

I must not be following how genie works- I thought everyone COULD reserve afternoon times- even if you weren’t park hopping- simply by using the same system of refreshing until the times moved into the afternoon for that particular ride. Why would just park hoppers have that ability?
With park hoppers it it defaulted to a time 2pm or later even if the return time was currently 11am for your 2nd park . So people with hoppers were stacking afternoon rides before other people saw late times.

Yes, this is true to an extent. Prior to this recent change to G+, Guest #1 who is visiting a park -and only that park - could see first available times beginning with park opening. Guest#2 who was starting their day at another park and hopping to the same park as Guest#1 would only see G+ time slots that begin 2:00 PM or later. The hopping guest could begin stacking later time slots starting at 7 AM and then every 2 hours following park opening.

With this change, Guest#2 will not see an available time slot for after 2PM unless all G+ times prior to 2 PM have been filled.

I tolerated Genie+ on our last trip. For our trip next month I specifically purchased PH so we could stack evening LL at MK while we spent a slow morning at AK. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother getting G+ that day. We won't need it at AK and constantly checking my phone to see if return times have gone past 2p in MK is adding another level of annoyance with this system. (Although I admit, it does help the non park hopping guests. Which I will appreciate if I'm ever not hopping.)

Yes, this is true to an extent. Prior to this recent change to G+, Guest #1 who is visiting a park -and only that park - could see first available times beginning with park opening. Guest#2 who was starting their day at another park and hopping to the same park as Guest#1 would only see G+ time slots that begin 2:00 PM or later. The hopping guest could begin stacking later time slots starting at 7 AM and then every 2 hours following park opening.

With this change, Guest#2 will not see an available time slot for after 2PM unless all G+ times prior to 2 PM have been filled.
I understand! I can definitely see why it’s more fair this way then!

I tolerated Genie+ on our last trip. For our trip next month I specifically purchased PH so we could stack evening LL at MK while we spent a slow morning at AK. Now I'm wondering if I should even bother getting G+ that day. We won't need it at AK and constantly checking my phone to see if return times have gone past 2p in MK is adding another level of annoyance with this system. (Although I admit, it does help the non park hopping guests. Which I will appreciate if I'm ever not hopping.)
I was watching today and it took till 11:05 for Jungle cruise to get past 2pm. At that point it was the only ride that had hit the 2pm mark. Obviously its just an example for today so you never know how early you'd get to book your first Genie.

I was watching today and it took till 11:05 for Jungle cruise to get past 2pm. At that point it was the only ride that had hit the 2pm mark. Obviously its just an example for today so you never know how early you'd get to book your first Genie.
I was surprised by this so I looked at the last few weeks for Jungle Cruise and it usually hits 2pm or later muuuuuch earlier. Its also showing as a 30 minute wait currently, which for a middle of the day on a Friday in the summer... seems like a v slow day at MK. Normally that's 60-80 minutes at this time.

If I have to wait to try and get later ride times for when we hop, I'll just book Genie+ attractions for where we go in the morning.

Ex -
7am LL - book an attraction in the first park, then book the ILL in both am and pm parks
8:30am park opening
10:30am - check pm park, if I can get a 2pm or later LL for something we want I'll book that, otherwise will book another LL for the am park
12:30pm - start to book pm park LLs

If the 7am LL is sometime before 10:30am, do we have to wait till 10:30am to book the 2nd LL or we can book it after we've tapped into the first ride?

If I have to wait to try and get later ride times for when we hop, I'll just book Genie+ attractions for where we go in the morning.

Ex -
7am LL - book an attraction in the first park, then book the ILL in both am and pm parks
8:30am park opening
10:30am - check pm park, if I can get a 2pm or later LL for something we want I'll book that, otherwise will book another LL for the am park
12:30pm - start to book pm park LLs

If the 7am LL is sometime before 10:30am, do we have to wait till 10:30am to book the 2nd LL or we can book it after we've tapped into the first ride?
After you’ve used your first one

Has anyone tried to book Genie+ with either an annual pass, non-expiring or complimentary tickets recently when you also had someone in your party has a different ticket already with Genie+? Just trying to figure out if this is still causing a glitch or we should be able to add Genie+ each day by 7am without a problem. This is my main worry for the trip. :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter